Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

FTP Optics Alpha 3 Red Dot Reflex Sight

Hello B.E members!

We will be getting our next shipment of FTP Optics Alpha 3 Red Dots in July and I wanted to take a moment to formally introduce this optic to you and some of it's features in our own thread.  Since we are a new sponsor, some of you may not be familiar with it or my company.

My company is called FTP Shooting Sports and it is a division of Fast Toys. We are very passionate about our products and have been in business since 1998. We started as a performance car and truck parts company and branched out into competition shooting supplies about 6 years ago. Our business model has always been to provide quality products at reasonable prices, honestly and excellent customer service. I am the owner (Phillip Reddy) and I currently compete in the USPSA and IPSC Open Division in both the U.S.A and Canada. We have always actively participated in forums online to provide customer information, make new friends and expand the community. You can also find lots of posts on our social media accounts on Facebook & Instagram.

I invite you to ask any questions you may have in this thread and we will be happy to answer them. We know there are a lot of choices on the market and we feel our optic has many benefits and the price point is very reasonable.  Also, if you would like to pre-order a sight, you can contact us at sales@fasttoys.net or simply order one on the web site. We will be offering free shipping in the continental U.S as well.

You can order here:  http://fasttoys.net/ca/FTP-Optics-Alpha-3-Red-Dot-Reflex-Sight/

FTP Optics Alpha 3 Red Dot Reflex Sight

The FTP Optics Alpha 3 Red Dot Reflex Sight is a competition grade optic built to exacting standards with one of the largest viewing windows on the market. Constructed of high grade aluminum, the optic weighs a scant 41.5 g including the battery. It is waterproof to 2 m and shockproof to 1000 G!

FTP Optics are made by the leading manufacturer in the industry that also produce most of the name brand optics you are familiar with. There is no loss of quality, precision, product testing or durability. You can be assured of fantastic performance without inflated prices.

Featuring a 10 position manually operated soft touch brightness switches, you can set the dot intensity to match your shooting environment. The optic remembers the last brightness intensity and will turn back on at the same level. The FTP Optics Alpha uses a standard and easy to find CR2032 battery which can be changed without dismounting the optic or re-zeroing.

The latest industry electronics feature the ON start circuitry board which assures the sight will not turn off while shooting. A low battery indicator is also programmed on to the circuitry board to notify the user when the battery is low.

Lens

The lens features a optically clearer G-Coat that improves clarity and light transmission while offering superior anti-reflective capablities. The lens will appear more clear with less of a blue tone than many of our competitors. The lens is parallax free at 70m. The lens itself is one of the largest in the micro red dot industry which is a huge benefit to competition shooters. The shape of the lens also leads itself to me more useful for tracking the dot under recoil.

Motion Technology

An exciting feature of the FTP Optics Alpha 3 is the incorporation of a motion sensor that will turn off the optic after 3 minutes if no motion is detected. The same sensor will turn the optic back on as soon as motion is detected at the last brightness level. This is a great feature to help extend battery life!

Elevation & Windage Adjustments

Elevation and windage adjustments are made easily with a click adjustment system that requires no locking screw. The FTP Optics 3 features a wider adjustment range than many micro red dots to allow you to install on a wider variety of firearms.

Dot Size

Dot size is extremely important to competitors for fast target acquisition and visibility in sun light. The FTP Optics Alpha 3 is available with big and bright 6 and 8 MOA dot sizes!

Many other micro red dots on the market are suited to more tactical operations and feature dots that are too small to be optimal for competition shooting. The advantage goes to FTP!

Mounting:

The FTP Alpha Optic 3 will install on standard mounts used for the RTS2TM and Romeo 3 TM. Due to the slighty longer length, you may need to use a mount that does not incorporate a blast shield or modify the mount itself for clearance.

The optic includes a removable Picatinny rail mount or can be used in direct mounting application popular on most competition firearms.

Specifications:

Dimensions: (LxWxH): 56.5 x 29 x 32.5 mm

Sight Window: 26 x 21.5mm

Elevation Adjustment Range: 145 MOA @ 100m

Windage Adjustment Range : 95 MOA @ 100m

Glass: Anti-reflective, G-Coat multi-layered coated glass lens is parallax free with 97 % light transmission

Weight: 41.5 g

Battery Life: 320 hours at brightness position 3 at 10 degrees C

ftp_optic_alpha_3_ongun_side_view_close.jpg

ftp_optic_alpha_3_ongun_through_glass.jpg

ftp_optic_alpha_3_size_comparison_front.jpg

Edited by FTP_Shooting_Sports

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just a quick note to let you all know that we should have the Alpha 3 back in stock late next week. It's an AWESOME sight with glass size very similar to the SRO at a much better price. You will find the Max also incorporates many of the same features but will retail a lot higher.

We also have a USPSA GM and Master offering for some limited individuals that would be willing to help promote our optics. If you are interested, please contact us at sales@fasttoys.net

Just a quick note to let you all know that we should have the Alpha 3 back in stock late next week. It's an AWESOME sight with glass size very similar to the SRO at a much better price. You will find the Max also incorporates many of the same features but will retail a lot higher.

We also have a USPSA GM and Master offering for some limited individuals that would be willing to help promote our optics. If you are interested, please contact us at sales@fasttoys.net
price posted in website is same as SRO. What's the sale price?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

14 hours ago, Rnlinebacker said:

price posted in website is same as SRO. What's the sale price?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

They are 379.00 USD right now:

http://fasttoys.net/shop/FTP-Optics-Alpha-3-Red-Dot-Reflex-Sight/

Edited by FTP_Shooting_Sports

FTP_S_S, do you know if your unit would fit on the adapter plate and into the pocket of CZ Custom multi-optic RDS setup? I have a slide in works with them and currently am planning on a DPP / DPP adapter plate. I don't mind giving your optic a try, assuming I can mount it on.

13 hours ago, YVK said:

FTP_S_S, do you know if your unit would fit on the adapter plate and into the pocket of CZ Custom multi-optic RDS setup? I have a slide in works with them and currently am planning on a DPP / DPP adapter plate. I don't mind giving your optic a try, assuming I can mount it on.

Sorry but we have no way to know. It would depend if there is enough room at the front of the slot to accommodate the extra length of the Alpha Optics 3. Do you have a picture of it with an RTS2 mounted and you could see if there is extra room?

I have two on my Tanfos and really like this optic. I'm not a 1,000 round a week shooter but have put approx 1,000 - 2,000 rounds on each and so far so good. Dot is bright and well defined, optic stays zeroed, adjustments are easy if needed.

8 minutes ago, FTP_Shooting_Sports said:

I've been running one on my open gun for about a year now and have had zero issues. I have about 30-40K rounds on it.

And when I put one to open it lasts max 6k. I dont believe in Unicorns anymore.

1 hour ago, FTP_Shooting_Sports said:

I've been running one on my open gun for about a year now and have had zero issues. I have about 30-40K rounds on it.

I took a chance and ordered one today. Hopefully, I won't be disappointed.

• 1 year later...