Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

shadow 2 rear sight

chetc

my  shadow 2 is shooting approx 2 1/2" to the left at 25yds, i loosened the 2 set screws i tapped pretty hard with a hard plastic hammer, no luck, any ideas is it going to take heavier duty tools.

chet

• 2 weeks later...

Just get a punch and a hammer I had to push mine over just as well and it takes some force and like others  said make sure the screws are backed out . I used a punch small enough to put force on the grove part of the sight  to mimic a sight tool.

Also, not sure how it is on the Shadow 2 since I no longer own one, but on an SP01 Accu-Shadow I had to heat up the sight quite a bit and even apply a little penetrating oil down the set-screw hole because there was a glob of red Loctite down there.  And this was from the factory.  Either that or freezing it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/24/2019 at 5:49 AM, Joedirt199 said:

Make sure to raise the set screws a good amount. There is a recess under the sight they fit into and you could still be hitting one of the edges.

Any idea what size allen wrench the set screws take?  I have tried every one i have and cannot find one that fits.

9 hours ago, Joedirt199 said:

I think it is metric #4 or something like that. I have a bunch of loose wrenches on my bench and just keep trying ones till it fits. I am terribly unorganized.

I tried every one in my tool box and out of 50 plus could not get one that would fit right.  Crazy.  Thanks