Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Gen 3 G34 Nose Up FTF

DianabolandDeadlifts

Saying a little something about the load spec might be helpful. Looks like bluebullets. Weight? Length? Power factor? Do you have room (chamber & magazine) to load longer?

150 Grain, 1.145 OAL, 140 PF.  

Hmm. That’s not especially short and certainly not weak. Mark your mags (if you haven’t already) and if only one / certain ones ever do this, see if maybe the feed lips have opened up on those.

Are you running a lighter recoil spring like a 13lb or less? Your load is pretty stout for competition, but everybody has different preferences. Are your powder drops consistent?

Well from what I see in this failure to feed, the slide isn't to the rear long enough or far enough to let the next round come all the way up for the back of the slide to engage the case head.  In my personal experience, its a short throw charge in a reload that ended up in the mix, probably had a noticeably different report and recoil impulse.  I've also had the same experience running very fast powder with a inconsistent batch of fiocchi primers which had an insane extreme spread over my chrono.

As you have an identical pair....you might consider interchanging one part at a time and see if it makes a difference.  

For example, trade barrels and see if it helps. If not then try changing recoil springs.

Perhaps that way you might narrow down or identify the problem.

Keep track of which parts belong to which pistol just in case.

Edited by wanttolearn

The gun needs more time to loosen up, or go to a lighter rsa. Or your getting a moment of loose grip (which obviously is not a issue with your more broken in gun).  as others have said the slide is not coming back far enough or long enough. I have a g35 converted to 9mm and g34 both running 13lbs rsa that run like sowing machines. My buddy brought his brand new 34 and it was choking on my load. A few thousand rounds later and I lighter spring and it’s running fine. 

What barrel? I reccomend always checking each and every single round you load, after loading, case gauge all rounds in one step, then take your caliper and measure each round. Of course the case gauge tells most of the information needed but you should always plunk test the longest rounds of each batch every time. I always do this after loading. It eliminates possibilites for malfunction.