Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

AR Gold trigger

Interesting.  I learned something new today.  I always thought that 8oz take up was a stage.  Thanks for the info.  I like the AR Gold take up vs a single stage Timney or a Geissele SD3G

https://americantrigger.com/triggers/single-stage-vs-two-stage/

A hybrid Browning Single Stage with Take-up

AR GOLD is a single-stage with a slight bit of very light (8 oz.) of take up – exactly like a top quality 1911 trigger. By single stage we mean that the sear does not move during take up, thus the take-up is completely clean and the “wall” (when the sear starts to move) is near vertical. From a shooting standpoint, that bit of take-up allows you to confirm that your finger is on the trigger and at the wall.

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Judo said:

When did American Trigger Corp release a PCC specific trigger?

They haven’t released a specific pcc trigger. They have a hammer that is for pcc but it’s not released. Some sponsored shooters have it or if you’re having trouble getting your trigger to reset in a pcc reach out to them they will swap it. The 308 has worked flawless for me, in my qc10 build it has 4 oz takeup and breaks between 1 lbs 15 oz and 2 lbs 4 oz. 

33 minutes ago, Bwillis said:

They haven’t released a specific pcc trigger. They have a hammer that is for pcc but it’s not released. Some sponsored shooters have it or if you’re having trouble getting your trigger to reset in a pcc reach out to them they will swap it. The 308 has worked flawless for me, in my qc10 build it has 4 oz takeup and breaks between 1 lbs 15 oz and 2 lbs 4 oz. 

Thats good to know.  Im running a JP bolt and QC10 Glock lower.  Thanks for the info.  

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Blaster said:

I reached out to them about problems with ar15 trigger.there answer was to buy pcc trigger when released. I checked with them before I bought the regular one. I am not happy

Get the Hiperfire Eclipse, really similiar break with a more positive reset, and works great in PCCs. I started with an AR Gold flat trigger in my rifles, then went switched to the Eclipse in my PCC (both AR9 and MPX) and much more pleased with the performance. 

If I started from scratch, I’d 100% go with the Eclipse with no extra shoe. I waited for a sale and got mine for a great deal from Brownells for only $200. 

1 hour ago, mtruong said:

Get the Hiperfire Eclipse, really similiar break with a more positive reset, and works great in PCCs. I started with an AR Gold flat trigger in my rifles, then went switched to the Eclipse in my PCC (both AR9 and MPX) and much more pleased with the performance. 

If I started from scratch, I’d 100% go with the Eclipse with no extra shoe. I waited for a sale and got mine for a great deal from Brownells for only $200. 

Have you tried the  Timmy CE? How do you like it compared to the Hiperfire?

On 5/13/2019 at 9:10 PM, Bwillis said:

There's no mention of the specific AR Gold PCC trigger (hammer) on their web site...  Are you using it?

That's pretty light...  about what my Open gun trigger pulls at. 

I'm using a HiperFire Eclipse in my PCC...  It works well...  Has about 9,000 rounds through it...  Recently started a very random double in the last couple of matches...  Maybe one double in two or three matches...  It's a little heavier than your AR Gold...

5 hours ago, RaylanGivens said:

There's no mention of the specific AR Gold PCC trigger (hammer) on their web site...  Are you using it?

That's pretty light...  about what my Open gun trigger pulls at. 

I'm using a HiperFire Eclipse in my PCC...  It works well...  Has about 9,000 rounds through it...  Recently started a very random double in the last couple of matches...  Maybe one double in two or three matches...  It's a little heavier than your AR Gold...

I’m using the .308 hammer in the ar gold. I was offered the pcc hammer but I was worried it would be to tall and slow down the bolt. Contact hiperfire they should warranty claim it. 

13 hours ago, Bwillis said:

I’m using the .308 hammer in the ar gold. I was offered the pcc hammer but I was worried it would be to tall and slow down the bolt. Contact hiperfire they should warranty claim it. 

HiperFire has a FAQ document on their web site that addresses double fire...  The suggestions are not compatible with competitive shooting...  I called them up...  The tech guy said to check the sear for chips...  and to check the disconnector spring...  I asked him to send me a couple of disconnector springs so I can just put in a new one...  He said to send an email to support@hiperfire.com.

19 hours ago, RaylanGivens said:

Last year playing with a few warmer loads (PF  138 to 144) and a light buffer + light buffer spring, I started to get a few doubles and unexpected bumpfires with my 24C trigger.  Cleaned out the lower receiver real good and bumped up the buffer weight and had not had a problem with that lower since.

Assuming all 9000 rds were shot with the same buffer spring, is it possible that its getting a bit worn?  I try to change mine every 5000 rd +/-,

3 hours ago, RaylanGivens said:

HiperFire has a FAQ document on their web site that addresses double fire...  The suggestions are not compatible with competitive shooting...  I called them up...  The tech guy said to check the sear for chips...  and to check the disconnector spring...  I asked him to send me a couple of disconnector springs so I can just put in a new one...  He said to send an email to support@hiperfire.com.

Send that email and let them know you’re unhappy about your experience and how many triggers of their you have bought. 

Edited by Bwillis
5 hours ago, Flatland Shooter said:

Last year playing with a few warmer loads (PF  138 to 144) and a light buffer + light buffer spring, I started to get a few doubles and unexpected bumpfires with my 24C trigger.  Cleaned out the lower receiver real good and bumped up the buffer weight and had not had a problem with that lower since.

Assuming all 9000 rds were shot with the same buffer spring, is it possible that its getting a bit worn?  I try to change mine every 5000 rd +/-,

I cleaned out the lower receiver...  I'm running a Taccom Extreme Bolt with the weight...  a Blitzkrieg 1015HD buffer...  and their SS buffer spacer...  Seems like a pretty heavy buffer/bolt assembly to me...  But it shoots well...  In my opinion.

I've tried lots of different buffer/spring setups...  They were all with the Eclipse trigger, but I'm not actually sure how many rounds are with the current spring...  Probably around half of them...  Good idea to swap out the spring, thanks!

15 hours ago, Bwillis said:

Send that email and let them know you’re unhappy about your experience and how many triggers of their you have bought. 

Yes, I plan to.

The guy I talked to seemed more interested in my thoughts between the two triggers...  My older Eclipse has the separate legs and my second, newer Eclipse has the one piece U-shaped upper spring piece...  He didn't really offer much Tech support.

14 hours ago, RaylanGivens said:

I'm running a Taccom Extreme Bolt with the weight...  a Blitzkrieg 1015HD buffer...  and their SS buffer spacer...  Seems like a pretty heavy buffer/bolt assembly to me...  But it shoots well...  In my opinion.

That's probably a bit over 23 ounces.  When I had doubling problems I was at 18 ounces or less.

Edited by Flatland Shooter