Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tanfo aftermarket barrels ...

johnbu

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 hours ago, SouperMan said:

Wow. As long as the price is reasonable...we finally have a alternative!

7 hours ago, PatriotDefense said:

I can assure you it'll be way cheaper than the $300 + dollars the factory barrels go for from EAA.....Plus you wont have to spend an additional $40 to send it to us to have it reamed to proper length......

Even if the cost is more than EAA, I would still buy the PD barrel. Knowing that the product is quality, superior customer service, and not having to deal with EAA shitheads, it's a no brainer.

1 hour ago, emjei said:

I rather have drop in barrels

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Given the variation in slide lug lockup with the manufacturing errors, I don't see how that's possible. 

I assume these are all large frame only barrels?

4 hours ago, haiedras said:

Given the variation in slide lug lockup with the manufacturing errors, I don't see how that's possible. 

I assume these are all large frame only barrels?

i dont know, but assume large frame 

On 3/12/2019 at 1:38 PM, BigAm said:

They mentioned on there IG that the barrels are oversized in the back of the hood, and around the very end of the barrel where it locks up.

That leads me to believe they will need to be fit, and not a drop in part.

this is correct....... it takes about 10 mins with just hand tools..... its really fun also

On 3/12/2019 at 1:43 PM, SouperMan said:

If fitting is required, I think that it is a good thing. You can fine tune for a solid lockup specific to your gun.

this was our reasoning exactly...... there are some guns on the loose end of the tolerance spectrum that these will probably drop into. We took the average of about 20 guns and based over numbers off what we saw coming from the factory. 

On 3/12/2019 at 3:52 PM, emjei said:

I rather have drop in barrels

I cant say if the barrels you buy from EAA for the stock II or III are drop in or not because they're never in stock. I can tell you the 6" barrels that are cut down and threaded for compensators need rear hood fitting that come from EAA. Long story short we can do the majority of the fitting for you and will be offering this service in the near future.

9 hours ago, PatriotDefense said:

this is correct....... it takes about 10 mins with just hand tools..... its really fun also

As a group we have a really weird concept of what is fun.

Looking forward to it.

:) 

Semi-fit barrels are great.  Drop-ins are typically not that great. 

I used to fit APEX barrels for MP9s, and I can tell you the lockups/accuracy are so much better with the semi-fit versions than the drop-in versions.

I do look forward to a tutorial/video on how to fit these barrels though.  

On 3/14/2019 at 10:02 AM, PatriotDefense said:

***Public Announcement ***

Just to clear up our previous comment about time frame for fitting barrels...... I fully understand now why some companies absolutely refuse to give help and advise on “gunsmith fit” or “fitting required” parts. 

I would like like to say that times will vary on install based on your competency and familiarity of how the barrel and slide relationship work. Furthermore some people are awesome with dremel tools and others might be nervous and stick with a hand file..... with that said your times will vary.

With using hand tools ( dremel, bench top polisher/ grinder, and files ) we’ve seen the 10 min mark a pretty good common timeline ( we highly recommend a mill with DRO for precise fitting). However we do this day in and day out and have a full working knowledge of these guns. 

We’ve spent 8 months and many of you provided slides or measurements which we can’t thank you enough to produce these barrels. At the end of the day as listed on the website product page and pacakaging these are gunsmith fit and fitting is required. As always we’re here for you guys and appreciate your continued support! Carry on weekend polishers! 

22 hours ago, PatriotDefense said:

With using hand tools ( dremel, bench top polisher/ grinder, and files ) we’ve seen the 10 min mark a pretty good common timeline ( we highly recommend a mill with DRO for precise fitting). However we do this day in and day out and have a full working knowledge of these guns. 

Most "estimates" for time are from a person that has done it ... a lot.  I remember the first time I swapped a hammer spring in a Tanfo.  It EASILY took an hour.  No joke.  Just going slow, trying to figure out how to take the parts out, where they heck they went back, did  I lose one?  etc etc.   So, when Joe or anyone says, "10 minutes", that is a time for a person with the tools, knowledge and experience will be expected to take.  

I may try my hand at barrel fitting and do a write up on it.  Any interest in that?

Most "estimates" for time are from a person that has done it ... a lot.  I remember the first time I swapped a hammer spring in a Tanfo.  It EASILY took an hour.  No joke.  Just going slow, trying to figure out how to take the parts out, where they heck they went back, did  I lose one?  etc etc.   So, when Joe or anyone says, "10 minutes", that is a time for a person with the tools, knowledge and experience will be expected to take.  

I may try my hand at barrel fitting and do a write up on it.  Any interest in that?

Yes Sir....... please Do that video