Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Area 6 3 Gun Match

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've been heating up the roads between all the Nuke plants in the TN valley!!! :(

Oh well tough job, someone has to do it! ;)

I am waiting on seeing the "ROO" gun!!!! :):):)

Kangaroo, there seems to be a serious flaw..........

Tennessee and Alabama are the bitter rivals......Vols vs. Tide

But in the last 10 years or so except for the occasional "oops" Tennessee has handled the "LOW TIDE" and the rivalry has moved over towards the Georgia Bull pups.

So maybe for this one we each will need to "watch our back" since it is A-6 and A-6 is pretty much the SEC. ;) GO VOLS !!!!! Herd the Hippos and paddle the pups !!!! ;););)

IF the football team can't do it.......I guess it is up to me (and Paule and Sharon....They are from TN)

Have only 1 ORANGE crying towel.....I guess I'll have to cut it in half for GA. and AL.!!!! :P

HOP

See ya'll Saturday morning......Bright eyed and bushy tailed!!!!!

Hoppy

Look out, I'm turning the GA DAWGS loose in about 12 hours. As in football, it's hard to beat us GA BOYS.

Everybody be safe going and shooting. I wish you all God's speed and all A's.

See ya at the range.

Ronnie

Edited by Still Praying

I'm up WAY too late! I will start the 12 1/2 hour trip at 5:00 A.M. to get there to meet Smoky Bear. I will see all you football fans on saturday. I will bring a gold towel for you all to cry into. Even though I now live in OK, I'm still a Colorado boy at heart. Remember Hoppy, if you mess with the bull you will get the horns!! KURT

Mark,

Thanks for the schedule info. Sharon is getting an epidural nerve block this afternoon, so we will be getting in late tonight.

Sam,

Sharon and I will try to hold up our end. I have to say though that Sharon is a Vandy girl, through and through, she just likes thing that go bang. Me, I'm an OSU alum, from the days of Terry Baker, Mel Easley and the Great Pumpkin. Lots of orange there too, but no Vols. We did beat USC and O.J. once, if that counts. (Before he started looking for the real killer).

That is something I never really figured out........

If Auburn is the tigers......Where the He!! did the War Eagle come from???????

Leaving to attempt the one legged arse kicking in about 15 minutes......see ya'll there!!!

HOP

And Kurt

Aren't Colorado the Rams, Goats or something like that????

(man I'm going to pay for that at Ft. Benning)

Edited by hopalong

Just finished shooting the match. The staff and Range Officers did an excellent job with this match. Stages where great, with some simple and easy ones that you can crash and burn on very easily. Then some with challenging spinning claypigon holder thingie. (That is the techincal term.):blink:

Great people, great stages, great fun.

I will be back next year.

Interim results (actually damned near final results, lacking only a few stages from a few competitors) are up on uspsa.org.

Thanks Bill. Are these final now?

BTW - it was great to meet and shoot with some BE guys that I've never met before.

Great match! all the stages were challenging and the flow was smooth. had a 6 hr drive home and made it in before midnight. thanks to Woogie and crew for putting on a fun match.

i also enjoyed shooting with some of the big dogs. i had a good time shooting with you guys.

now looking forward to ft benning...

At Scotland Yard we have just recieved an all Countries FBI alert for the person below - last reports was he was drunk and having a good time in the deep South !!

If you need a witness for that I can help you out. Oh wait, I was feeding him the beer....never mind.

Hats off to Woogie. You made it happen. Thanks for a great match.

Congratulations to Kurt Miller, Overall Champion and Eric Lund, Match & Area 6 Tactical Champion.

Kurt. There's something deeply insulting about a guy who can make 100 yard head shots with iron sights faster than I can with my scope on 4x. #%$*@! Enjoyed shooting with you. See you at Benning.

Eric. Glad your not going to be able to make the Georgia State 3 Gun. What a butt whoppin. Nice rifle work.

Hope to see you next year.

MHearn

Hats off to Woogie. You made it happen. Thanks for a great match.

Congratulations to Kurt Miller, Overall Champion and Eric Lund, Match & Area 6 Tactical Champion.

+1 Big thanks to Woogie and Roger. The prize table was great.

Congrats also to the Open winner - Still Praying (Ronnie Shores)!

Thank's Cy and Mark.

I'm not going to call any names in fear of missing one. All of you where so great, so I'll say THANK'S MOSS BRANCH AND FRIENDS for another great match. You guys out done yourselfs this time. This match offered just about everything you could ask for, kicking down doors, Texas Star, Rogers Whirly Gigg, Coopers Tunnel, 100 yard head shots with a rifle :wacko: , 3 man side match :D BEer's and a great Prize table. If you didn't shoot this match you realy missed out on another highlight of the year. I'll be there next year.

Ronnie

Well, even though the match was extremely fun to shoot.....

The staff was great......

The range was neat.......

I still have to call......BULLSHJT !!!!!!!!

We got there on Sat morn about 2 AM, then 3 1/2 hrs later we showed up to shoot....

While shooting I found out.......

These folks have actually been practicing for this kind of stuff !!!!!!!! :blink::huh::o

So therefore I have to say they were cheating !!!! :P:P:P

ROUND 2.......FT. Benning...........See ya cheaters there !!!!

HOP

Edit to add: Practice.......WAY over rated !!!!!!! unless you really want to compete, or even win.:-)

Edited by hopalong

I wanted to take a moment and say thank you to everyone who worked so hard to make the Area 6 3-Gun match a resounding success. It was one of the more technical matches I have participated in all year. The match required several challanging shots and a few VERY contorted shooting positions. Anyone who tried to climb on, hang onto, and shoot a rifle around the weak side of a barricade on half-hard cover and head shot only targets will appreciate the technical aspects of this match.

I also wanted to thank all of the people who worked very hard to provide on outstanding prize table. Outside of the Nationals, it was the best prize table I've see in YEARS. I'm sure I'll miss some match sponsers, but off the top of my head thanks to Blackhawk Gear, Sure-Fire, MSTN, SAW Custom, Columbia River Knife & Tool, Rock River Arms, and a host of others.

Congratulations to the other winners including our very own Still Praying (Ronnie Shores) in Open Division. Who by the way, worked harder than any other person on the BE forum to promote the match. For all of you who decided not to attend, you should have listened to him, you missed out.

Congratulations to Kurt Miller for (once again!) showing all of us that you don't need an optic on your rifle to shoot well, not to mention putting on another (once again!) clinic on how to reload a shotgun. Well done Kurt!

I'd like to congratulate Jeff Cramblit for coming out of semi-retirement to make the match a proverbial horse race with a photo finish. It really wouldn't hurt my feelings if he went back into retirement. :P

And finally, I'd like to thank Kurt and Jeff for making the shotgun side match the most entertaining and fun time I had all weekend. Now if I can just get my first shot down to a .40, I might have a chance. :blink:

Erik

Edited by Bear1142

I want to thank ALL the people that put on the area 6 match!! What a great time!! Great R.O.s, great shooters and a good selection of stages!! As I recall Erik won the shotgun side match and was half a second faster than Jeff and a .6 of a second faster than me, so go cry some where else :lol: It was a darn long drive to get there and back but I would do it again in a heart beat. THAN YOU ALL!!!! KURT