Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Area 6 3 Gun Match

Up date on my shotgun. :D:wub::D That's all I'm going to say about that. I think I'm going to change my name to Kangaroo Hunter. :P I hear season opens on them in November and Woogie and Hoppy seasons open at the same time.

Ronnie the Kangaroo Hunter ;) Sounds good don't it?

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for posting the stages Mark. Two questions.

1. Will there be any available support for the 100 yard head shots (e.g., port, table, large rock, etc) or will they be only shooter supported (e.g., off hand kneeling, prone, etc)?

2. What's the distance on the slug shots?

Thanks.

Edited by chp5

1.  Will there be any available support for the 100 yard head shots (e.g., port, table, large rock, etc) or will they be only shooter supported (e.g., off hand kneeling, prone, etc)?

2.  What's the distance on the slug shots?

chp5

Two good ones.

1. On the 100 yard head shots and the 50 yard shots at the end of the same stage, its shooter supported. Nice big flat chunk of Alabama dirt and rock. Ouch.

2. On the slugs, I'm not sure exactly. Roger Cash who is a regular on this forum designed that stage. I'll ask him for a measurement estimate. They're not set up yet. But, I think he has about 50 yards to play with in that bay. I will get a number for you.

MHearn

Up date on my shotgun. :D:wub::D That's all I'm going to say about that. I think I'm going to change my name to Kangaroo Hunter. :P I hear season opens on them in November and Woogie and Hoppy seasons open at the same time.

Ronnie the Kangaroo Hunter ;) Sounds good don't it?

[/quote

RONNIE--I HEARD THAT KANGAROO MEAT WAS ON SALE. JUST TO LET YOU KNOW I HAVE GOT GOOD NEWS ON THE SHOTGUN. SOMETHING I HAVE COME UP WITH ON IT.I WILL LET YOU KNOW ABOUT IT AFTER THE MATCH.]

:D:D

"is there still room for more shooters?"

Still room Tewlman, so send in your entry form and get ready for a great match. BTW, can you bring an extra crying towel? I think Kangaroo is going to need it. ;)

Kangaroo

Don't make me pull out my Kung fu. :ph34r:

Ronnie

is there still room for more shooters?

tewlman

Plenty of room. Come on down. Entries have been picking up this past week. Woogie (The Match Director) is getting more each day. He's starting to get a bit excited, but the number of participants is not near are capacity yet. Friday is getting pretty tight.

MHearn

"is there still room for more shooters?"

Still room Tewlman, so send in your entry form and get ready for a great match.  BTW, can you bring an extra crying towel?  I think Kangaroo is going to need it. ;)

Kangaroo

Don't make me pull out my Kung fu. :ph34r:

Ronnie

I used my extra crying towel in Vegas and it's still wet. that match just did not go well for me.

i will have to smooth things over with the Mrs. to get down there. After last weekend, be gone next weekend with step son to band competition, the weekend after is Ky 3 gun, then Area 6. Wow! a full month of being gone every weekend. then Ft. benning just around the corner.

I'll see what i can do!

Thanks Guys

this match gonna use san angelo scoring?

tewlman

San Angelo does not come into play. This match is setup one gun at a time. We'll be using EZWin Score without worrying about minor power factor hits on the same stage as major hits. I've used the San Angelo system and think it works fine, all be it a bit more to keep track of. However, the Match Director decided to keep the firearms separated. We'll see how it works and may go a different way next time.

MHearn

Tewlman talked me into going to 3-gun Nats in Vegas and now I'm hooked so I guess we need to make sure there's room for one more at Area 6.

BTW, can we make sure there's a vendor from Bacardi selling Mojito's...They're the other thing I got addicted to in Vegas.

OK, Have sent in the required amount of paperwork!!!!!!

Still Praying.....Will bring you a BEACH TOWEL!!!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

ONE thing good about being a "Hopalong" is getting good at 1 legged ass Kickings!!!! :blink::wacko::huh:<_<

Plus, will be well tuned up after the Arkansas match the weekend before where the Benny Blaster makes it's showing to the MODEST MAN that built it.

See you guys/gals there.

HOP

mhearn

Do you know what the schedule is? I am staying in Woodstock,GA and am wondering if it would be better to get a room in Anniston or just make the drive each day. I know it is 2 hrs from Woodstock to Anniston but that is nothing compared to the 12hrs to GA.

mhearn

Do you know what the schedule is? I am staying in Woodstock,GA and am wondering if it would be better to get a room in Anniston or just make the drive each day. I know it is 2 hrs from Woodstock to Anniston but that is nothing compared to the 12hrs to GA.

Tactical 1

Thanks for the question. I have a call into the Match Director. Just heard from Woogie (MD). Shooters meeting on Saturday at 8:00 CST. Shooting starts at 8:30. Hope to be done completely (Prizes and Side Matches) by early Sunday afternoon.

MHearn

Edited by mhearn

Hi Hoppy & Kangaroo

Glad to see your going to shoot the match Hoppy. All I've got to say is.

Be dumb

and

get you some

Bring what you've got

and

Hope you've got enough

Ronnie

PS: I think I've talked to much junk about this match. Something is going to bite me in the brass before this match is over, or something is going to hop on me. I just don't know if it's going to be a Hoppy or a Kangaroo. <_< Oh well, who cares. It's all about fun. :P It's not about the win, it's about how much you can mess with the winers. :P

Good luck at Arkansas Hoppy. B) Remember: Hop fast and shoot slow. :P