Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Area 6 3 Gun Match

Hi all, Roger has all of the shotgun stages worked out and props built. Woogie and Mark have the rifle & pistol stages. It looks like it's going to be a great match. Moss Branch Range in Ala, November 4-6. I shot the Ala, 3 gun there last year and it was great. In 2003 the Area 6 3 gun had 73 shooters, 2004 we had 103, it looks like 2005 will be even better. We have less than 3 months so send in your entry forms while there is still room. WHO IS GOING.

Ronnie A-44415

Entry form is in the last Front Sight, I will try to get woogie to post the entry form and stages as soon as possible.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ronnie

Hope to have all the stages posted soon.

We're starting to build the main props now. The range has purchased a new tractor and things are reshaping nicely.

We had a Texas Star come in last week. Something to look forward to on one of the pistol stages.

Roger is refitting the Whirly gig for shotgun. Since Jeff Cramblit is not having the shotgun match this year, we're using the stuff that we would have used there, here at this match. Pain.

Only 100 yards on the longest shot for rifle. Yet, they will be on paper with hard cover.

More soon.

MHearn

RONNIE--IT'S GREAT TO SEE YOUR INSTREST IN THE AERA 6 MATCH. IT WILL BE HERE BEFORE YOU KNOW IT. WE HOPE TO HAVE SOME GOOD STAGES THIS YEAR. MAYBE SOME STUFF NO ONE HAS SEEN BEFORE. TELL ALL OF YOUR GA. BUDDIES TO COME TO ALA AN SHOOT SOME 3-GUN .

ROGER

Well 3 Gunners we have 2 months till the most important USPSA 3 gun match in Area 6 this year. Get your gear in gear and lets play. It will be a great tune up for the Fort Benning match.(One month later) Should be good weather and stages (Whirly Gig :D & Texas Star :D & who knows what these boys will do), lots of shooting & great shooters. SO WHO'S GOING? COME ON BE'er's WHO'S GOING?

Ronnie

Great Cy, I hear Single Stack and some others are going to make it, Hopalong may make it too. I hear of a lot of shooters going, but knowone is posting it here yet. I thought their would be more talk about it than this, but I guess it's still early. I like talking about this stuff almost as much as doing it. :)

See you guys somewhere on the range this weekend. I may go to Moss Branch to see the work Woggie has done on the range. I here they are having a hard time getting him off of that new tractor. :wacko:

Ronnie

Does anybody know what the format is? Are they doing one day, two day or three day format? How many, if any slugs do we need and the overall round count for the match. I am planning on going but would like to know more before i committ to the 12hr drive.

Does anybody know what the format is?  Are they doing one day, two day or three day format?  How many, if any slugs do we need and the overall round count for the match.  I am planning on going but would like to know more before i committ to the 12hr drive.

Tactical 1

The match is still putting on the final touches. Final round counts and scoring sheets.

Here is what we have now. ROs shoot Friday (Nov. 4th). Everyone else: Saturday, Sunday (Nov 5,6). Awards around three oclock Sunday afternoon hopefully.

Nine stages (3 pistol approximately 90 rounds), (3 shotgun app 65 birdshot, 6 slugs), (3 rifle app 90 rounds).

Pistol stages: One involves plates paper and a Texas star not much movement. The steel will be about twenty yards out.

The second is a field course with some close paper, steel activating swingers, one of which is a triple swinger, and some 15 yard paper.

The third is all paper, starts with close paper, a race through a Cooper tunnel (about 4'6" tall) to a wide open group of paper over to a few hidden targets up close and personal (run and gun).

Rifle stages: One is a field stage with off hand paper at 100 yards moving to some up close and personal paper and finishing with off hand paper at about 50 yards.

The second is a run through a open at the top tunnel with close shots out ports as you go. Followed by some tight paper at about 40 yards.

The third. Not completely yet. The bay is about 50 yards deep and I haven't seen the final design. Mainly middle distance paper is what I've been told.

Shotgun. Roger Cash specials. First, Clay and steel around walls requiring a lot of walking/running and shooting.

Second. The Whirly Gig. Clays and steel with a "Wheel of pain" contraption that Roger built that is unique. Lots of door kicking and movement.

Third. I haven't seen the final look but it includes the six slugs (about 40-50 yards) plus clay and steel closer in.

There will also be a multigun side match and a Team shootout.

Diagrams will be posted about four weeks prior to the match. Hope to see you there.

MHearn

Is there an application available anywhere? What is the cost? The first part of November just cleared up for me, so I can make it if I can sign up. I might even see if Smokey Bear can make it down as well, that is if Mr. Herns doesn't mind me coming :D KURT MILLER

Is there an application available anywhere? What is the cost? The first part of November just cleared up for me, so I can make it if I can sign up. I might even see if Smokey Bear can make it down as well, that is if Mr. Herns doesn't mind me coming :D  KURT MILLER

Is that a challenge? You had me until the Cooper Tunnel. My hat may get knocked off and we just can't have that. What would the public think?

Well maybe if figure out how to keep it on.

Kurt- if I can get the time off I just may come play. Only if you let me teach you how to shoot. :P

• 2 weeks later...

Razz

Woogie is working on the link.

The info is:

Match Hotel:

Holiday Inn Express 256 835 3749

&

Hampton Inn 256 835 1492

Mention Area 6. Both are located on I-20 in Oxford, AL (20 minutes from the range)

Hope to see you there.

MHearn

The match is one month away and I've done a lot of work on my Rifle & Shotgun trying to get ready for this, Ga state and Ft, Benning. $$$$$ Man I hope they don't bite me in the brass. I don't like changes to my guns, because I've seen to many shooters have to much trouble after a trigger job or what ever. Sometimes a change for the better can be for the worst. I hope I'll have enough time to test everything before the match. If not I'll leave the door open for Kangaroo & Hoppy to hop all over me. <_< By the way Kangaroo-Hoppy :huh: Is something going on here? Yes I am trying to get something started. This thread is to quiet. :P

Ronnie :P:P:P

Ronnie,

Too busy loading .308 super fine A-Zone seeking, steel knocking down majic bullets.

Have sighted the "big gun" in for 1000 yds so have that covered if the indians invade. :lol:

Shot gun is sitting in the corner feeling left out....have not touched it in 3 months but it has super fast concentrated steel/clay killing powers.

AND the new Benny Blaster.........What can I say????? All you do is load it and it does the rest!!!! :D

Hell just go ahead and send me the plaque and check, save everyone the trouble of going!!!!! :):P:D:lol:

HOP

Hi Hoppy

I knew it. I tryed my rifle out today and it done all of the things an IPSC gun should not do. Lets see here, stovepipe, hammer following the bolt so it wouldn't fire, hammer following the bolt and firing, (POW/POW) :wacko: (luckly it stovepiped and I didn't hit the Chrony) and the comp didn't work like the old one. Never thought I would be glad to see one stovepipe. Oh well back to the drawing board. How about my plaque. You know the one that says "Had the most fun anyway". :D

Ronnie

Kangaroo,

Looking at the entry form......

No place for my Division......You know Bald, slow, Ugly!!! :wacko:

HOP

Kurt, Bring the big gun and leave that black pip squeak gun at home ;)

Edited by hopalong

HOPPY

THEY ONLY ALLOW ONE PERSON IN THAT DIVISION. AN I'M IT. RONNIE HAS SPENT A TON OF MONEY ON HIS GUNS. I TOLD HIM IT WAN'T DO HIM ANY GOOD, CAUSE YOU AN I WILL STILL WHUP UP ON HIM. IT MAKES IT ROUGH ON THEM YOUN GUYS IF THEY GET BEAT BY A FAT--BALD--UGLY OLD MAN.HOPE TO SEE YOU AT THE MATCH.

R C

Thats right kick a man when he's down and pull a gun on him when his don't run. <_< I guess you forgot about the piss ants. I'm saving them for this match. :P I can give Hoppy some too. :P How high do you think he can hop with 100,000 piss ants in his underwear? :D

Ronnie