Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Holoson 510c problem

bigboy69

When I am shooting my open gun I have the dot set to a certain brightness. As I shoot it gets dimmer then another shot it gets dimmer another shot it gets to the point where it is very very light pink that you could hardly see it. So the place where I purchased it they are getting me an RMA to send it back. But they are asking for the serial number. I had to unmount it from my gun and look all over the place for the serial number and could not find it on the scope itself. And this is the first thing that I dislike about this scope. You have to take it off with the mount to get it off. But anyway does anyone know where the serial number is on the scope???

Edited by bigboy69

I believe that they put the SN on the Picatinny Rail mount on the same side as the dot brightness adjustment buttons. This is kind of odd because you can remove the sight from that rail mount and then you don't know what the SN is. Find your rail mount and get the SN off of there.

When I am shooting my open gun I have the dot set to a certain brightness. As I shoot it gets dimmer then another shot it gets dimmer another shot it gets to the point where it is very very light pink that you could hardly see it. So the place where I purchased it they are getting me an RMA to send it back. But they are asking for the serial number. I had to unmount it from my gun and look all over the place for the serial number and could not find it on the scope itself. And this is the first thing that I dislike about this scope is that you have to take it off and I'm at a 10 you have to take the mount with it to get it off. But anyway does anyone know where the serial number is on the scope???
Are you sure that your dot is not on the auto setting? If it's on the auto setting it will dim and brighten as you aim at different targets due to the lighting/auto feature. If you hold the "+" button it will switch back to the manual setting. I thought mine was broken the first time that happened to me.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, MemphisMechanic said:

Agreed. Be CERTAIN it’s not in auto. Hold down the + button too long and it’ll sneak back out of manual mode into auto. And do exactly this.

plus 1. I mounted mine and just moved the muzzle around a little and the brightness fluctuated on auto setting.

3 hours ago, CHA-LEE said:

I believe that they put the SN on the Picatinny Rail mount on the same side as the dot brightness adjustment buttons. This is kind of odd because you can remove the sight from that rail mount and then you don't know what the SN is. Find your rail mount and get the SN off of there.

I did find that a little while ago. It does seem weird that the serial number is on the picatinny rail mount.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/16/2019 at 11:19 PM, chevrofreak said:

You are possitive You installed the CR2032?   They don't come installed from the factory and the sight will run on the internal capacitors for a while. 

Yes, for sure. I was shooting bench rest through a chrono. It was where I adjusted the brightness to. Then I took a shot and it got dimmer, I took another and it got dimmer, took another and it got to the point a could barely see the dot it was so light. I took another shot and it went to full brightness. I adjusted it down to where I wanted it. After I tested another load and it did the same thing after the 3rd shot.

On 2/3/2019 at 9:10 AM, Red_Dot said:

I wonder if there’s enough recoil to cause an intermittent short in the down adjustment button.

I don't know. But there are others shooting in in PCC and open guns with no issues. They sent me a new one, I'll see how it works.