Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Single stack weight

rustychev

42 and a half ...and I am completely comfortable with that at any Level 3.  Just make sure that you measure with a couple different scales and after any mod or cleaning....

3 hours ago, mach1soldier said:

I have ran all the way to 42.9 but I checked with a triple beam gram scale. It was 43 at the SS nationals. That was a little too close for comfort.

Why I said weigh it with the heaviest mag. That way any mag you give them at weigh-in will be at or below what you know its max is.

And sticking at 42.9 on your scale s like asking to shoot 8 round Open. A little too much grease, dirt or the wrong magazine and your day just got destroyed. Makes a great story afterward though (as long as you make weight).

That said, I once choro''d at exactly 125 power factor (shooting Production). Shooting for no score, that would have been a blast. Not.

I prefer 42.8 or less, for a little margin of safety when someone else's scale is jacked up. fwiw, i invested some time and discussion with a whole group of RMI's a year or so ago and concluded that if you have more than 1 brand/type of mag, the gun needs to make weight with the heavier one. You might get away with giving chrono a plastic basepad mag instead of the dawson aluminum basepads, but you will be cheating.

At a level 2 match a couple years ago my gun went on the scale and came up 43.1. Chrony guy looked at it funny, picked it up. Checked that the scale went back to zero. Set it back down, came up 43.0. Looked at me with smile and said “You’re good.... barely.”

I shaved a little weight, just so I didn’t have a heart attack next time. Mine runs at 42.3 now.