• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 11/12/2019 at 12:23 PM, Eagle4 said:

CAS have you tried to bend the spring ?

Soon.  Been waiting for more pressing gun related issues to be sorted out before I returned to it. 

Every tweak and test session is more and more money down the drain. 

I asked JK to send me the "stronger version spring" but they'll have to be a lot stronger than the original as the contact point is so close to the fulcrum/pivot point of the lifter.  The MOA precision spring seems to be just a little further down from the pin.

https://i.imgur.com/0sJgUkp.png[/img]

https://i.imgur.com/9uWizEu.png[/img]

Edited by fatmat27

3 hours ago, fatmat27 said:

I asked JK to send me the "stronger version spring" but they'll have to be a lot stronger than the original as the contact point is so close to the fulcrum/pivot point of the lifter.  The MOA precision spring seems to be just a little further down from the pin.

https://i.imgur.com/0sJgUkp.png[/img]

https://i.imgur.com/9uWizEu.png[/img]

Is their stronger spring something they addressed or did you just ask? 

from an email from Josh Kenny: 

The springs can be made stronger if you wish but they are designed like they are to make assembly a little easier. If you feel the spring needs to be stronger this can be achieved by bending the top leg of the spring over to the right of centre, or if you prefer we can send you a stronger version of the spring.

17 hours ago, cas said:

Hmmmm....  lol. 

Since I haven't received a reply from my first email at the end of July, it must move very slow. :D

Gotta just keep resending the same email until you get an answer. 

He he just replied to my last email (from over a week ago) this morning saying that he’s going to send out the springs. 

Edited by fatmat27

I see they're selling replacement springs (regular strength lol)  on their website now and suggesting you change them every 6-12 months. THAT'S not very reassuring, long term. Unless I suppose you drop ANOTHER $50-$100 and get a lifetime supply. 

Edited by cas

Unless they have changed recently, they charge shipping per spring...per spring...so if you order 10 springs, they charge you shipping 10x.  I know they are new to the market, but their customer service and communication is lacking.  Mine sits in the box it came in. 

• 3 weeks later...

Not good.   I emailed them a few weeks back as well and haven't heard from them.

(in the past, while purchases came just fine, but questions took quite a while to get answered)

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/29/2019 at 6:12 AM, Eagle4 said:

Who have tried to bend the spring ?

So yeah.... no.  It didn't change anything.  

I ordered replacement springs to play with (and asked for the heavier springs) but was sent the standard ones. 

The only thing I've learned is THIS malfunction isn't what it looks like. 

IMG_3541.jpg

It's actually the shell hitting/hanging up on the port side of the chamber. (which doesn't make sense as it's all rounded and beveled). 

My only thought is because the lifter is one sided, it has lots of lateral motion that the two sided stock lifter doesn't. 

Anyway I'm done.  Maybe someone else wants to play with with it, maybe it'll work better in their gun. It'll be in the classifieds with full disclosure when I get around to it. 

Edited by cas

Hi !

your malfunction picture is usually  from a too weak lifter's main spring for the bended liftier's spring (bad timing in fact). But after trying this too after 2000 / 2500 rounds : same suck.

The challenge is to find the ring tension for keepig reliability in the time AND can fit the little space vailable in the trigger group.

Edited by Eagle4

The first thing I did in trying to solve the problems was replace all the springs, so it can't be "weak". Bought and tried both options of the dog spring.  The malfunction above is cleared by pushing the shell to the left, at which point it chambers as it should. I kept thinking the nose of the shell was too high or too low, but it's too far to the right. 

Edited by cas

10 hours ago, cas said:

The first thing I did in trying to solve the problems was replace all the springs, so it can't be "weak". Bought and tried both options of the dog spring.  The malfunction above is cleared by pushing the shell to the left, at which point it chambers as it should. I kept thinking the nose of the shell was too high or too low, but it's too far to the right. 

OEM lifter's main spring is too weak with a bended magic lifter's spring by adding an additional counter tension. It's timing problem unless you always have this issue in the past.

1 hour ago, Eagle4 said:

OEM lifter's main spring is too weak with a bended magic lifter's spring by adding an additional counter tension. It's timing problem unless you always have this issue in the past.

Are you talking about the dog eat spring aka lifter spring from Benelli being too weak?  If so, I don’t think that’s true.  The stamped steel on the JK lifter isn’t that strong and in the example above, o bet you it’s twisting on the way up, moving the shell out of position. The strongest is the MOA Precision one, but they seem to be battling some personal issues within the company.  

Not enough strong but can make some issues happen. Since october i’m working on several kind of prototype springs, but actually the best results  are with both stronger springs to have proper timing.

1DF6F3F3-E2DA-4474-9F9A-907F01543B54.jpeg

Benelli lists two part numbers for the spring. I tried them both. After that there's only so much I can do. 

If MOA can't pull things together, we can only hope they sell it to someone else to make.