Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Benelli M2 AutoLoad Lifter

ABarrow

I guess I'm the only UNLUCKY one that didn't receive a complete kit.  I haven't had any additional correspondence from J-Kenny after my initial contact. 

Updated:  New One has been sent per email communication from Kenny

Edited by poortrader

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 7/18/2019 at 2:26 PM, Halo09 said:

Wonder if we could order an extra spring now...just in case.

Was thinking the same thing.  Might be a good long term investment. 

Just wanna make sure I have all the parts. 

1. Lifter

2. Small lifter part with Kenny logo

3. Spring

4. Install tool

Thats all I received today. 

^ disregard all that. I watched the install video. Install took a few minutes. Looks like I might have to retweak my latch. Single feed round isn’t “tripping” the mechanism to release the bolt. The shell is not catching on the latch either. 

Edited by 021411

It's turned my gun into a choking machine. 8 malfunctions in 65 rounds. 

Prior to this it had 5 malfunctions in 9 years of matches. 

I guess I've got some tinkering to do.

E6C765F5-3CFC-41AA-B930-449F6731B975.jpe

I learned this evening that it will jam even without a shell in it!  If I work the bolt slow enough it hangs up like this.  It certainly looks to me like the carrier comes up higher than stock. Combine this hitch with nose high shells and it's easy to see why it would choke.  Up side so far is, putting the trigger group into another gun, it doesn't hang up. I can feel a point of some resistance, but nothing like above.  Hopefully it's an issues of stacking tolerances and intermixing some parts will solve it. 

(yes I know they all hang up there a little there, this is more so than normal)

Edited by cas

On 7/30/2019 at 11:28 PM, Eagle4 said:

And with the auto-lifter you need a really strong mag spring, take care of that. 

Can you explain this to me? I am having difficulty understanding how a stronger magazine spring would cause the lifter to work more effectively.  Thanks.

Hi Marc, it's just a fact from several shooters (me include) : the auto lifter need a fast shell move to work properly. And my both M2 have the same issue : the last shell fail to feed with the "magic lifter". No issue with oem lifter or Taran lifter with same mag tube spring. When i preloading the spring with a shell between the mag spring and the end cap : no feeding problem with the last shell.

Edited by Eagle4

19 hours ago, Marc1911 said:

Can you explain this to me? I am having difficulty understanding how a stronger magazine spring would cause the lifter to work more effectively.  Thanks.

The first shell coming out of the mag tube has to have enough spring pressure to exit to the mag tube and move fully back into the receiver to disengage the the shell latch that is holding the bolt locked open.

Notice who much pressure you have to apply to the bolt release to close the bolt on your conventional M2 action. With the auto lifter the shell popping out of the mag tube has to exert that pressure when the shell rim contacts the shell latch on the inside of the receiver. A weak mag spring may not propel the round far enough back into the receiver to make this happen.

13 hours ago, Eagle4 said:

the last shell fail to feed with the "magic lifter". 

In what way?  

I seem to have solved my hanging up half way, bolt issue by swapping around some parts.  But cycling rounds by hand I'm still getting many malfunctions, often the last shell in the tube, where the shell is nose diving, or hitting below the barrel.  Usually that means you need a fresh carrier spring IIRC, but mine is fairly new and still getting nose dives. 

• 2 weeks later...

When someone gets a chance, can they check out their gun?   I'm still working on my nose dive jam. (new carrier spring didn't help)

I'm working side by side with two guns, one with the factory carrier, one with the JKC.  Working the bolt extremely slow, on the factory parts the carrier comes up, stays up, and the bolt pushes the shell forward.   On the gun with the JKC parts the carrier comes up, and when the bolt starts to come forward, the carrier drops a little.  This seems to be allowing the base to kick up and the nose to dive and jam into the mouth of the magazine tube.  I know working it slowly is not the same as shooting it, but it does it slow or full speed.

So I'm wondering if they all drop a little, or if something is off with mine.   

(by "dropping" I mean the shell is pushing the carrier down. It doesn't do it with an empty gun)

Edited by cas

Right as the rim starts to slide up the bolt face (or should be), my carrier starts to drop.   Does this with the new carrier spring and the "old" one, which was less than a year old. 

By golly I MIGHT have solved it. Sitting here with my match gun and a stock M2 on my lap, cycling shells through them, watching them, feeling the difference for two and a half hours. I realized the gun with FAR more rounds through it was the far less smooth of the two. I swapped bolts thinking that might be it.  Just watching them I could see how smooth the stock gun fed compared to the other. Watching the shells rise and slide (or not slide) it dawned on me. The shell stop was putting too much side pressure on the rim of the case, cause it to rarely slide up the bolt face smoothly, more often jumping out in front of the extractor. Something to do with the interaction of the new JKC carrier, the shell release lever and the shell shop.  Some gentle bending towards the shells stop made the gun feed SO MUCH smoother, and the carrier isn't dropping like before. 

Fingers crossed. 

3 hours ago, cas said:

By golly I MIGHT have solved it. Sitting here with my match gun and a stock M2 on my lap, cycling shells through them, watching them, feeling the difference for two and a half hours. I realized the gun with FAR more rounds through it was the far less smooth of the two. I swapped bolts thinking that might be it.  Just watching them I could see how smooth the stock gun fed compared to the other. Watching the shells rise and slide (or not slide) it dawned on me. The shell stop was putting too much side pressure on the rim of the case, cause it to rarely slide up the bolt face smoothly, more often jumping out in front of the extractor. Something to do with the interaction of the new JKC carrier, the shell release lever and the shell shop.  Some gentle bending towards the shells stop made the gun feed SO MUCH smoother, and the carrier isn't dropping like before. 

Fingers crossed. 

Can you send a picture of what you’re talking about?  

I noticed on mine, there’s a ton of wiggle side to side and if I don’t put the first 2 rounds in with force, it won’t trip the auto load feature.