Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rm3g Roll Call

I'm going. It looks like it's gonna be wet this year.

For those of you who have gone:

Going south on the 64, what's the exit? Is there a sign or something?

Any cool gunshops in Raton that I can visit and restock ammo and stuff if needed?

Anything in Raton that I should check out? How about Las Vegas, New Mexico :) since I am going through there?

I'm planning to take the 40 to the 25. Is there a better/faster/scenic route comming from the AZ side?

Will see you in Raton. Las Vegas is a small town rich in history. There are some natural hot spring baths close to the mountains.

40 to 25 is about the only reasonable way from AZ. might be wet this year again!

Hwy 64 is marked as an exit. You can check out the map and take the exit just north of Cimmaron (Maxwell), angle north to 64, go right to the Whittington Center.

It is a little faster.

Good luck !

RS, when you hit Santa Fe on 25 you can take 285/84 to Espanola then 68 to Taos and 64 to Raton/ Whittington center. This is a very scenic ride, From Taos to Cimarron its some of the best. Allow 2 extra hours but worth it. While in Taos if your hungry try Orlando's Mexican food, I'm driving over from Raton at least once to eat there.

There are 6 of the Kansas boys headed out. Keith

For those who care I will be there!! It’s not like I’m going to beat the usual but kickers. Besides the chaos with the RO’s. I had a great time at DPMS two weeks ago with a great squad. The team event went quick! Keith, you missed a fun match. We even crashed a few weddings. What do they feed their women?

KellyB

I just got home and I want to thank the match organizers. As always, it was a great match with the best group of ROs and match staff you will find anywhere! Thanks for all their hard work. And thank goodness we have the NRA Whittington Center available for the match. Where else can you set up the great stages they had in the natural terrain!

Just got home. What a match. This was my first trip to the Whit center and what a sight. Got to see 14-16 inch antelope, 180+ class mule deer and bear. Not seen in South Texas much. The natural terain was beautiful and makes this match very unique. I am certainly happy with the way the NRA has spent some of the money I have given them.

The match was fantastic. What a wonderful job done by all those who help set up and put on the match. The terain was great to shoot in but I am sure humping all those prop out was a b!+@h. Thank you so much for all sweat and gasping it must have taken. I was well impressed and will be their next year for sure.

Thank you also to all the sponsors. It would not be same high quality match without you. I know all the shooters appreciate all the things you do for us.

I also had the privledge to be on a squad with some international shooters and that was a special bonus. Barry and Mike from England were two true gents and shared with us many thing I don't think we would ever find out without talking to someone who lives there. They also took our pokes and jabs with a smile and gave back as well. Saw many freinds from around the country and liked spending a few days with like minded folks and catching up with them. I will keep going to matches as long as I can just to see old and new friends again.

Thank you to all.

I have just arrived home as well and would concur with the previous posts about how good a match this was. It really tested your skills and conditioning. All I have of the results is Tactical but here is the top 10 from that division.

1. Daniel Horner

2. Kelly Neal

3. Tony Holmes

4. Kurt Miller

5. Steve Hendricks

6. Dave Neth

7. Pat M. Kelley

8. Ty Gentry

9. Chuck Mahoney

10. Erick Lund