Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shadow 2 new thing happening

slavex

I recently received a coolfire kit for Shadow 2s and I installed it in my match gun to play with at home. In playing around, I discovered if I pulled the trigger just right in DA, the disco slips off the trigger bar. Any idea why? I threw the regular barrel back in and it still does it. This is a new bug to me, couldn't find that issue in searching the forum, but might not have used the right keywords, any ideas? 

yeah sorry, slipping off early, if pulled fast with a bit of side pressure on the trigger. 

Trigger bar springs are good, screw is tight. 

It's happening soon enough that it doesn't catch on half cock, hammer drops all the way, but not hard enough to set off a round, or the coolfire

15 hours ago, eerw said:

Double check trigger bar spring, both sides and mag catch screw . 

Assuming its slipping off before full stroke.

This was my first thought as well. Maybe try bending the spring so it puts more upward tension on the bar. 

Edited by MissionaryMike

there is good spring pressure. All parts are factory parts, upgrades, installed at the factory. No springs have been tweaked to be weaker either. Well, other than lighter recoil and hammer springs replaced by lighter factory ones. 

It's very strange, and of course now, in the last day or so it's not happening. I spent an hour trying to get video of it. Sigh.

2 hours ago, slavex said:

there is good spring pressure. All parts are factory parts, upgrades, installed at the factory. No springs have been tweaked to be weaker either. Well, other than lighter recoil and hammer springs replaced by lighter factory ones. 

It's very strange, and of course now, in the last day or so it's not happening. I spent an hour trying to get video of it. Sigh.

your sh2 is  a cheater.?

2 hours ago, slavex said:

If the disconnector is releasing the DA stroke to early causing light strikes or making the hammer fall to half cock you need more upwards spring pressure on the trigger bar. You can try to increase the trigger bar spring pressure by pulling the spring a little bit to the inside making it possible to slip past the trigger bar and bend it lightly upwards. The pressure should be somewhat the same on both sides.

It does not matter if it's stock springs or not.. you could have accidently altered the tension while you cleaned the gun with a rag or something like that and it accidently catched the spring and pulled it a little bit down causing it to push less on the trigger bar.

Hahaha, cleaning hahahahaha

I've compared the trigger springs to my other 7 Shadows and Shadow 2s, and then swapped in a new spring, even though it appeared to be the same resistance. Playing with the gun this morning it did it again. I'm thinking maybe something has worn funny on the trigger bar or disco. Gonna try swapping them out and seeing what's what. 

I am unclear on the details of the coolfire kit and what is changed in the pistol with its installation. It sounds like something is out of spec as you mentioned and or the trigger bar is shifting inconsistently depending on how you are pulling the trigger.

I am interested to hear what you figure out to be the cause of the malfunction.

I'm like Tok36, what is the coolfire kit?  Website or something??

Oh, I see it's a CO2 training kit?  I thought you were playing with live ammo!  

Now I don't think you have a problem with your S2.

Edited by WxGuy

17 hours ago, slavex said:

Hahaha, cleaning hahahahaha

I've compared the trigger springs to my other 7 Shadows and Shadow 2s, and then swapped in a new spring, even though it appeared to be the same resistance. Playing with the gun this morning it did it again. I'm thinking maybe something has worn funny on the trigger bar or disco. Gonna try swapping them out and seeing what's what. 

Swapping in a new trigger bar spring doesn't mean that it is adjusted correctly. They can change and twist when the retaining screw is tightened. It's good to tweak the side to side tension/position and up/down tension when changing out the trigger bar spring or when facing similar DA timing problems.

Are the legs of the trigger bar spring exactly in the center of the shallow grooves in the trigger bar?

1371536857_triggerbar.PNG.52c149601c71aa6f166f61efe4ca6c43.PNG

Is one of them more to the side rubbing the wall of the frame compared to the other side?

Have you tried to tweak and increase the upwards tension and checking that both sides lay in the groove under the trigger bar after the recent posts to see if it helps or are you just assuming that it is correct?

Just trying to help out and point out possible solutions

Edited by Ludde

Yes I've checked all the things with trigger bar and spring, including taking one and adding more tension. 

It looks like the disco has a weird angle to the face that connects to the trigger bar. No work was done to the disco, so for some reason this one has worn strange. Never had that happen before. The backup/practice gun which has twice the round count doesn't do this and the disco looks fine. None of the 7 previous match guns had this happen either all going well over hundred thousand rounds each. 

In 12 years and 10 guns from CZ this is a first.