Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cleaning Limcat Turbo Comp

Posvar

I can’t say anything specific for that gun, but Larry, the GM and pro that works st the range near my house told me what they used to do was spray the comp with brake cleaner, let it sit for a bit, then fire a few rounds though the gun. He said it would clean it right out. He said “we didn’t have time to be sitting there carefully cleaning out our comps”  supposedly it works pretty well. I’ll give it a try when mine gets gunked up. 

1 hour ago, Posvar said:

What is the preferred method for getting these bad boys nice and clean again?

Glass beads for me. Also, I spray Dillon case lube in my comp before every match

1 hour ago, Posvar said:

What is the preferred method for getting these bad boys nice and clean again?

Julian states that you put the slide in a toaster oven at 325 and heat it up for a while, then let it cool. The next time you shoot it, the powder will flake off. I haven't tried it yet but makes sense given this is straight from the builder. The Lim's are SUPER knowledgable. 

7 hours ago, Jfitz427 said:

I can’t say anything specific for that gun, but Larry, the GM and pro that works st the range near my house told me what they used to do was spray the comp with brake cleaner, let it sit for a bit, then fire a few rounds though the gun. He said it would clean it right out. He said “we didn’t have time to be sitting there carefully cleaning out our comps”  supposedly it works pretty well. I’ll give it a try when mine gets gunked up. 

The same works with Weapon Shield solvent. I call it "shooting it out"

1 hour ago, JatCarver said:

I'm guessing this is only for un-coated comps? The glass bead blasting that is...

If you double tape the comp and cut out the ports you want to just Blast inside.

I’m new to open so need to find a solution, but if all these techniques work is there any reason not to just do the kroil/ brake cleaner/whatever solvent and just shoot it out? Is the heat or bead blasting a better way somehow?

I have access to all of those, just want to use easiest method.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe be something to the heating it up. I have a Lim with a turbo comp. The entrance to the turbo port had a noticeable build up. During a practice session after shooting many rounds and the gun was good and hot something landed on my arm. It was a big ol chuck of the fouling. Looking down in the comp I could see where the largest accumulation came loose and just flew out. 

I just took my Phanterra (non turbo) and Beastcat (turbo) to the range today. The videos I took show the answer. Need to get them uploaded. It seems to keep the nose down better. Need to shoot them both more back to back to see 

Use JHP bullets and cleaning your comp will not be an issue. Precision Delta are 8.9 cents. When I started I used a coated bullet. I tried multiple manufactures.  The savings of 2 cents didn't cover the maitenance and accurracy that degraded as the compensator started to clog. I have not had a single issue with JHP bullets.

Edited by jnr88