Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Sign in to follow this  
NancyC

CZ slide lock not working

During recent matches my CZ accushadow will not lock open at the finish of a magazine.  It is happening with my factory mags.  The gun is new.  I have only had it since June and meticulously clean it after every match.  Any suggestions?

Could be mag springs not pushing the follower up high enough or the follower it self. Is it every mag or just one or two. 

Aside from an actual equipment problem, there are four things that can cause that.  Most often it is the mag spring.  When fatigued, they don't push the follower up enough to engage the slide lock.  Next is the follower.  It could have gotten bent at the wrong angle or titled sideways, or worn.  Third is too light a load.  Fourth is limp-wristing.  Three and four (or a combination) can cause the slide to go back and eject, but not far enough to slide lock.

If you are not getting occasional stove pipe jams, it is not likely to be three or four.

the other cause (and most common in my experience) is if you're right handed it could be your strong hand thumb just touching the slide lock lever.

The thumb on the lever thing has happened to me with a few different handgun designs.

I am notorious for thumb on slide lock on several different brands of pistols.