Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ slide lock not working

NancyC

Aside from an actual equipment problem, there are four things that can cause that.  Most often it is the mag spring.  When fatigued, they don't push the follower up enough to engage the slide lock.  Next is the follower.  It could have gotten bent at the wrong angle or titled sideways, or worn.  Third is too light a load.  Fourth is limp-wristing.  Three and four (or a combination) can cause the slide to go back and eject, but not far enough to slide lock.

If you are not getting occasional stove pipe jams, it is not likely to be three or four.

I spend a lot of time tuning/building CZ pistols.  Most of the time when I have a customer complain about the slide not locking back, it's the thumb on the lever.

Next time you hit the range, set your phone up and record as you draw/fire.. If the slide doesn't lock back, you'll probably see your thumb on the lever

On 9/30/2018 at 4:57 PM, NancyC said:

I have only had it since June and meticulously clean it after every match.

Off topic, but other than making sure the slide to frame sliding surfaces didn't need oil I would clean CZ's every 1000 rounds or so and not get meticulous about it more than once a year (12,000 rounds ish).