Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What kind PCC is good for new shooter

I am interested to play uspsa pcc , but im new shooter and don't know about how to build a pcc gun .

What kind pcc is good for a new shooter ?

I saw a lot people use many different ar9  .

I hope some body can tech me how to buil a good ar9 working good no jam .

Thanks !

Hello: Do you reload? If so the AR9 is a good platform, if not then the Sig MPX is better. The Ruger is a great starter PCC and a very good price. They are on the heavy side but the ones I have seen and tried go bang every time. They were all Glock magazine ones using factory ammo. I like the red Holosun 510C for a dot. Thanks, Eric

Check out Palmetto State Armory.  You can get into a base gun for like $500 or less depending on their sales.  Add an optic and see if you like PCC.  From there you can either upgrade it or sell it and get something you think might be better for you.  I went with a PSA upper and a KE Arms Lower but a PSA lower would be fine) added a Taccom 3 Stage short stroke kit, JP trigger and a cheap comp just to help the timer pick up shots.  Add the optic of your choice, C More and Holosun seem to be the current favorites.  Was right around $1k total and shoots great.

3 hours ago, 3gunnuts said:

Check out Palmetto State Armory.  You can get into a base gun for like $500 or less depending on their sales.  Add an optic and see if you like PCC.  From there you can either upgrade it or sell it and get something you think might be better for you.  I went with a PSA upper and a KE Arms Lower but a PSA lower would be fine) added a Taccom 3 Stage short stroke kit, JP trigger and a cheap comp just to help the timer pick up shots.  Add the optic of your choice, C More and Holosun seem to be the current favorites.  Was right around $1k total and shoots great.

I have PSA ar pistol , i will check them website.

Thanks!

13 minutes ago, Frozen said:

ae31019227d9d4adc5d10b6b24697806.jpg
In love with my ruger it eats all the cheap ammo I feed it !! No hiccups-at all,,, it is heavy. I shoot udpsa and steel challenge with it. Under 500$ and you can use Glock mags

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Look it is good ! 

My friend have one i never try it , i will test it next week .

Thanks!

6 hours ago, BigBamBoo said:

I will second the Ruger PC Carbine. Great way to start in PCC for cheap. Add a few go fast goodies and go shoot.

here is mine that I use for USPSA and Steel shoots.

A4A1ABCC-6A9E-41E4-A5F5-EE28746E4359.jpeg

What kind go fast goodies for it , it looks good ! 

I will second the Ruger PC Carbine. Great way to start in PCC for cheap. Add a few go fast goodies and go shoot.

here is mine that I use for USPSA and Steel shoots.

A4A1ABCC-6A9E-41E4-A5F5-EE28746E4359.thumb.jpeg.7ddf9f89ab73e43001e8e364ee827a24.jpeg

Yo that PMM hand guard is nice [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]I guess I better get on the list for next production run ,,,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
12 hours ago, Hi-Power Jack said:

Think I read here that they are HIT with factory ammo and MISS with reloads ???

Keep reading. It can be a hit or miss with both factory or reloads. Have a buddy sending his MPX back right now and he is shooting factory. Sometimes it's not ejecting, sometimes it's not stripping a round off the magazine. 

Cam pin in my BCG has started digging grooves in my upper. I'll be sending mine back to sig....again. The gun wont run dirty either, I.e. I get to break it down into its ~20 parts for cleaning every 400-500 rounds yet I'm running expensive clean burning vihtavuori powder.

Edited by Smithcity