Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P320 X5 Caliber X Change Kits-Reality or??!

Posvar

If this has been started in another thread I will delete this one. 

Is it even a slight possibility for Sig to make a caliber conversion kit for the P320 X Five? I recall reading something about the light slide not doing well in Major PF with all the cut outs etc. 

The whole system is modular, any 9/40 FCU will fit any grip or slide. Are you talking about getting a 40 X5 upper? Those are not available to my knowledge, only 9mm. Lightened slides are pretty popular in limited guns, less reciprocating mass.

• 1 month later...

Hoping to see this myself. Tried a friends DVC Limited with Island barrel today for Major scoring and had nothing but feed problems every stage but one. If we dont see a x5 .40 kit soon I'm probably just going to buy a full size slide and barrel and some mags and extensions. I wonder if the problems stem from the factory untuned STI mags but I'm not very familiar with the 2011 platform. Owner said they need cleaned every single match or he has problems. If that's the case it's not the platform for me.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/3/2018 at 7:08 PM, achalmersman said:

Does anybody know if a .40 slide and barrel and mags are all that's needed? Will .40 mags fit in the X5 9mm grip?

I’ve been running a cal exchange 40 full size with my X5 FCU and Dawson  sights in limited. I have the tungsten guide rod and run a 12lb   spring. If you get the 18 round 40 mags with the springer base plates and grams  spring and follower you get 20 in the mag reloadable. With the stock barrel I can use 1.18 oal ammo I used to use for my 2011. I really like the way it shoots and is more than accurate for Uspsa.

If you run the stock base plate on the 18 rounders you may need to cut them down to fit the X5 grip with mag well on. With springer base plates it’s no problem. I don’t know if the 13? round mags fit. 

I do run run a flashlight that uses cr123 batteries that I cut brass rods to fit inside. It makes a big difference with flip. 

I’ve been running a cal exchange 40 full size with my X5 FCU and Dawson  sights in limited. I have the tungsten guide rod and run a 12lb   spring. If you get the 18 round 40 mags with the springer base plates and grams  spring and follower you get 20 in the mag reloadable. With the stock barrel I can use 1.18 oal ammo I used to use for my 2011. I really like the way it shoots and is more than accurate for Uspsa.

If you run the stock base plate on the 18 rounders you may need to cut them down to fit the X5 grip with mag well on. With springer base plates it’s no problem. I don’t know if the 13? round mags fit. 

I do run run a flashlight that uses cr123 batteries that I cut brass rods to fit inside. It makes a big difference with flip. 
That's the info I'm looking for. Thanks!

On 12/5/2018 at 8:30 AM, jejb said:

Sig put these on sale on their website today. 20% off, while they last.

I got in on this deal, plus the 25% off coupon code that came with the Voluntary upgrade worked with the 20% off. Got a full size RX Xchange kit for $384.xx with tax shipped. Now I can swap slides and remove my x5 magwell on my 3gun pistol and shoot carry optics.