Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Paper target falls after the buzzer?

HowardM

If a paper target falls  after the buzzer is it a mandatory re-shoot or can the shooter continue the stage and take the time and also can the shooter stop the stage if it happens or does it have to be stopped by the  range officer  I had it happen to me in a match and I kept on going because I didn’t know what to do

Edited by HowardM

image.png.5d6f2134c4a4ea1a55cc9a9560e93649.png

I am not sure what the subject target is doing?  :roflol:

But if it falls before you engage the target, that would be a REF and a mandatory reshoot. If it falls after you engage it, it may be a reshoot depending on your reaction and the RO's opinion.  You did the right thing by not stopping yourself. If you stop and the RO sees no reason for the stop, you own the time spent!

If the target balls, I would probably watch. :devil:

Later,

Chuck

PS: You need to invest in some punctuation keys...

What is a paper target ball?

Anyway if the target falls after the buzzer, it a stage malfunction and a re-shoot.

A  competitor  who  is  unable  to  complete  a  course  of  fire  due  to  range

equipment  failure,  or  if  a  metal  or  moving  target  was  not  reset  prior  to 

his attempt at a course of fire, must be required to reshoot the course of

fire after corrective actions have been taken.

5 hours ago, HowardM said:

Yes the target fell prior to being engaged damn smartphones lol 

Of course it's REF and a reshoot then. How else are they going to score the stage? In that case I would just stop myself and save my ammo. 

8 minutes ago, MemphisMechanic said:

At a local I’ll yell “target fell over!” Just so the RO will see it and stop me sooner to save my ammo... But definitely keep going until they command you to stop.

unless you are experienced enough to be certain you are getting a re-shoot. 

I personally stop shooting for an obvious REF, but newer shooters want to be careful they are not confused. I have seen folks stop for an unpasted target, or a for a popper they shot down from another position. Of course no reshoot there.

Agreed. At a local match with a brand new timer holder who was just getting heavily involved in the sport I’ve actually done this while running a stage:

blam blam

blam blam

”that target wasn’t pasted! you need to yell stop or the shooter has to keep going...”

blam blam

”STOP!”

(Then you get to make sure they know never to stop shooting as the competitor, and to never be hesitant to stop a shooter as the RO. That’s their duty.)

:D 

Edited by MemphisMechanic

Nothing says stop shooting!

Unrestored  Targets 

If,  following  completion  of  a  course  of  fire  by  a previous  competitor,  one  or  more  targets  have  not  been  properly patched or taped or if previously applied pasters have fallen off the target  for  the  competitor  being  scored,  the  Range  Officer  must  judge  whether  or  not  an  accurate  score  can  be  determined.  If  there  are  extra scoring  hits  or  questionable  penalty  hits  thereon,  and  it  is  not  obvious which  hits  were  made  by  the  competitor  being  scored,  the  affected  competitor  must  be  ordered  to  reshoot  the  course  of  fire.  For  the  purpose  of  this  rule,  B -zone  and  C -zone  hits  s hall  be  considered  one  and the  same.   

Reviewing  previous  score  sheets  is  prohibited;  targets  must  be scored as is, using the actual target as the basis for the scoring call .

On 7/23/2018 at 2:01 PM, waktasz said:

Shooter shouldn't stop and the RO shouldn't stop you for an unpasted target. 

I just ROed a guy that shot a target from 2 positions and stopped after making holes 3 and 4. The said, that target wasn't pasted.  i was nice and told him "you shot all those holes!" .

Lol, he got busy quick!