Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9mm brass cost

3djedi

It depends on where you live.  I can buy a bulk ammo box full of 9mm cases for $10 from an indoor range.  You net anywhere between 1500 and 2000 cases after you sort out the junk.  I bought tumbled cases for 2.2 cents each, delivered.  I routinely buy super clean, SS media cleaned brass for $27/1000 shipped.  I just ordered 6000 fully processed 9mm brass for $199.50 shipped.  This brass is sized and deprimed, primer pocket swaged, push through sized to remove bulges, wet cleaned with SS media, dried and lightly coated with wax.   It is worth paying 3.3 cents each for brass I can dump into the case feeder without doing anything to it.

17 hours ago, Steve RA said:

Actually Jack, it was a serious question.  They might just sell mixed brass for $3.00 a pound and you take whatever is in the pound or brass sorted by caliber for $3.00 a pound.

Yes, you get to sort it first on their sluice table, picking out only what you want. Keep in mind this works great for 9, 40, 45 etc. common calibers, but you'd be hard pressed to find 10mm or 357 Sig & the likes

A. the prices above did not include shipping as it says in the May list.

B. the only primed brass I sold was LP Win that was personal and I was switching to small primer .45 so I'd only need to have one primer for what I load for - 9mm, .45 ACP SP and .223/5.556.

Remember, the prices above are from the brass shortage period and aren't applicable presently.  But, in the future they could be.

• 2 weeks later...