Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Chamber flags in bulk

If you buy them 100 at a time they are  50 cents each.  Available in centerfire and rimfire sizes and with your custom printed logo for slightly more.

https://www.mfgservs.com/chamber-flag?gclid=EAIaIQobChMImKn458-G2wIVk7fsCh0GfAIgEAAYASAAEgL86PD_BwE

The CMP also has a package of 12 for a little over $5.

https://estore.thecmp.org/Catalog/Item/244

On 5/14/2018 at 6:24 PM, RiggerJJ said:

Ask Ralph Arredondo about using random pieces of plastic in hot barrels for chamber flags...not a good idea.

I had a chamber flag melt in my chamber between stages a few months back.  After that, nothing goes into my chamber except bullets.

Edited by emjbe

5 hours ago, emjbe said:

I had a chamber flag melt in my chamber between stages a few months back.  After that, nothing goes into my chamber except bullets.

PCC?

18 hours ago, Sarge said:

PCC?

it was a BCM 5.56 chamber.

It was during a black rifle match here in AZ.  Stage 3 had a 100 second par time to shoot 2 8" targets at about 275 yards and 2 plates at about 75 yards as many times as you could hit within  the time.  I blew through about 50 rounds then flagged the rifle with a plastic chamber flag.  

got to stage 4 and started make ready and the flag came right out of the rifle but the extended plastic part stayed in the chamber.  It had to be hammered out with a rod then scraped out with a chamber brush.

The chamber flag was one of the clear plastic ones.  

Lesson learned.

On 5/24/2018 at 11:05 PM, StealthyBlagga said:

We keep 14" yellow zip ties in all the stage boxes... at 7-cents each, they are cheap enough to give away: LINK

yes - thank you  ... I had to use one of your zip ties when I forgot to bring a flag a few months ago.