Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shadow 2 Optic?

JNW

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, I did the work, nothing like the feeling of taking an almost new gun and letting the mill have it's way with it. Funny how I never worried about how much gun parts weighed before, now i'm looking at tenths of an ounce.... Using a lighter optic crossed my mind as the DPP is heavy compared to others but it also seems to be the most recommended optic to use in this application. 

I would wait, as CZ has released an Optic Ready Shadow 2 which has the back of the slide wider to better accommodate the optic. It comes with mounting plates to accommodate all optics. It is supposed to be released in Canada within 4-6 months and pre orders are being taken. It is probably the same in the USA.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2018/03/20/iwa-2018-cz-shadow-2-optics-ready-22lr-kadet-conversion/ 

Edited by abb1

17 hours ago, rowdyb said:

It was announced 2019 for the USA for the optics models I thought...

...the CZ factory website says "available the second half of 2018"......noone seems to know for sure whether that means  worldwide, start in Europe, then Canada, and eventually the US (llike the original Shadow 2 release), or if it means July, October or otherwise worldwide....I heard some rumors they would not be available in the US until 2019 but nothing definite, you know how rumors go

Edited by race1911

44 minutes ago, rowdyb said:

I bet we see them a year after the euro market release

unfortunately my thoughts also .....similar to when the original Shadow 2 got released

Edited by race1911

Thanks for all the information.  I think I'll wait and see what the factory milled gun looks like.  As for doing it yourself I saw someone on 1911forum who milled his Wilson Combat EDC X9 for an optic and it came out great.  He owns a high end machine shop, so for him this was a minor job.

Jeff

On 4/19/2018 at 9:11 PM, eerw said:

Here are a couple we have done.

44 ounces with Bushnell Advance

5ad93d6e20833_Shadow2CarryOpticBushnell2_DSC7653logoSMALL.jpg.b19ac5f9363e190ea76c2365c375aa34.jpg

Just under 45 ounces with DPP. can save more weight with grip change. etc.

5ad93e3aea20f_smallCarryOpticCOShadow2_DSC4733ALOGOsmall.jpg.a49afa6645f85a6f33e5ef7b2234b369.jpg

Could you lighten the slide in CO or is that not allowed?

14 minutes ago, SlvrDragon50 said:

New rules allow you to lighten the slide for CO now.

I can't decide between buying the CO version of the S2 or just getting a second slide.

Same here.... I have the s2 now but now want the co version lol what to do what to do 

2 minutes ago, AngeloConde said:

Same here.... I have the s2 now but now want the co version lol what to do what to do 

Personally leaning towards getting the CO version because I'm guessing it'll be around $1100 after some time. S2 slides seem to be going for $600 then when you factor in milling costs (and possibly more because of slide lightening needs), you're basically paying $3-400 for a back up gun which is worth it IMO.

31 minutes ago, SlvrDragon50 said:

Personally leaning towards getting the CO version because I'm guessing it'll be around $1100 after some time. S2 slides seem to be going for $600 then when you factor in milling costs (and possibly more because of slide lightening needs), you're basically paying $3-400 for a back up gun which is worth it IMO.

Idk I think they'll be alot more but I get what you're saying. I have the czechmate  as well lol I just have to convince the old lady I needed this lol

19 minutes ago, AngeloConde said:

Idk I think they'll be alot more but I get what you're saying. I have the czechmate  as well lol I just have to convince the old lady I needed this lol

I can't see them charging that much more for an optic cut considering all the other CO vs non CO options out there. The other reason why I'm leaning towards the second S2 is that I can change the frame of the second S2 to get set up for 3 gun with a magwell :D 

11 minutes ago, SlvrDragon50 said:

I can't see them charging that much more for an optic cut considering all the other CO vs non CO options out there. The other reason why I'm leaning towards the second S2 is that I can change the frame of the second S2 to get set up for 3 gun with a magwell :D 

That's true. I wish wanted to do 3 gun but damnnnn it cost so much lol. I was either thinking doing the s2 CO but not gonna lie have you seen the s2 open major gun from dark side or sebo. Omg looks sick af

11 minutes ago, AngeloConde said:

That's true. I wish wanted to do 3 gun but damnnnn it cost so much lol. I was either thinking doing the s2 CO but not gonna lie have you seen the s2 open major gun from dark side or sebo. Omg looks sick af

Haven't seen that at all. Though I don't know why you would want to turn an S2 into an open gun when you already have a Czechmate!!!

3 minutes ago, SlvrDragon50 said:

Haven't seen that at all. Though I don't know why you would want to turn an S2 into an open gun when you already have a Czechmate!!!

Hey you always need a back up lol. But no I am contemplating either getting it killed or just getting the dovetail mount. If you're going to do it what optic would you run I'm getting a mix review on alot of them as I want to change from the cmore slide ride to a smaller optic

Just now, AngeloConde said:

Hey you always need a back up lol. But no I am contemplating either getting it killed or just getting the dovetail mount. If you're going to do it what optic would you run I'm getting a mix review on alot of them as I want to change from the cmore slide ride to a smaller optic

If it's getting milled directly to the slide then I would go DPP. The C-More is likely too big I'm guessing which is why you'd have to use an adapter plate like the CZC. If you get the optic ready version, it looks like the Trijicon RMR mates with the S2 pretty perfectly. I have a DPP on my P07, and it's really quite easy to find the dot. I wouldn't get the RMR because of the smaller window size (also costs a lot more).