Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shadow 2 Optic?

JNW

anyone know if there is any other company but czc that sells the sight mount for a shadow 2 czc is out and checked cgw but I didnt see any thinking of mounting a vortex viper on the s2 found one for super cheap soni want to try it out I've only heard good things about it

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, AngeloConde said:

anyone know if there is any other company but czc that sells the sight mount for a shadow 2 czc is out and checked cgw but I didnt see any thinking of mounting a vortex viper on the s2 found one for super cheap soni want to try it out I've only heard good things about it

https://shop.springerprecision.com/product.sc?productId=261&categoryId=101

23 hours ago, George16 said:

Just get a second slide dedicated for CO and use the other slide for Production.

you say that like there is a place you can just order a spare shadow 2 slide up.....

22 hours ago, SlvrDragon50 said:

I wouldn't get the RMR

and the rmr i was using for CO initially you had to take the rmr off the gun to change the battery. for that reason alone i like my ff3 better.

3 hours ago, AngeloConde said:

Might check out Henning http://www.henningshop.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=1368758&CAT=10024

• 8 months later...

Just picked up an OR Shadow 2 from Al Flaherty’s and there was no word on when the optic plates were going to be available but happened to find a plate for the OR Shadow 2 using a Vortex Venom (of which I have two, lucky me) at Wolverine Supplies.  Can’t remember what the other red dot plate was that they had on their site, might be a Delta Point.  Probably doesn’t help you Southerners.

2 hours ago, YVK said:

Out of curiosity, can you swap slides / frames between OR and regular Shadow 2?

I’ll let you know when I receive it next week.  I think the only difference is that they didn’t taper the sides to make it look like an IPSC target.  The back end is wider to accommodate the optic.

On 1/17/2019 at 7:27 PM, YVK said:

Out of curiosity, can you swap slides / frames between OR and regular Shadow 2?

On 1/17/2019 at 10:22 PM, MsDV8 said:

I’ll let you know when I receive it next week.  I think the only difference is that they didn’t taper the sides to make it look like an IPSC target.  The back end is wider to accommodate the optic.

YES!!

On 1/23/2019 at 5:02 PM, YVK said:

Thanks, that's good news. 

You’re welcome!  I’m stoked about it as well, I’m making sure I always bring both my S2’s, that way if a lower ends up failing on me prematurely during a match, etc, etc, etc, etc, I have a backup.  The only thing I won’t be able to swap is the slide, as they are for different divisions.

I was going to mill my Shadow2, but decided to go a different way. Here is a picture of a Accu-Shadow with a plate and a 6moa Venom. This is a great setup. As you can see, it comes in at 43.55oz. and really holsters well. I was originally going to have it milled. But after I got it, decided that it was just to nice to start cutting thing up. I love this setup and I can go back to stock if I want to. Just my .02  JD

20190127_102206.jpg

54 minutes ago, JDIllon said:

I was going to mill my Shadow2, but decided to go a different way. Here is a picture of a Accu-Shadow with a plate and a 6moa Venom. This is a great setup. As you can see, it comes in at 43.55oz. and really holsters well. I was originally going to have it milled. But after I got it, decided that it was just to nice to start cutting thing up. I love this setup and I can go back to stock if I want to. Just my .02  JD

20190127_102206.jpg

I have a shadow 1 I was thinking about putting a dot on can’t decide if to get it milled or put a  plate on it like your setup. I would like to see a couple more pictures of yours if it not to much trouble thanks.

On 4/18/2018 at 4:21 PM, wtturn said:

Milling a shadow 2 is a travesty.

LOL, now that I own an Optic Ready Shadow 2, I would have to agree with you.  But having embraced shooting optics I could see how people would be tempted to go to any lengths to stick an optic on a Shadow 2.  I probably would have as well.  For those shooters in the USA that are waiting....be patient, the rapture is coming.

Edited by MsDV8

20 hours ago, JDIllon said:

20190127_102206.jpg

Nice set up!  There’s just no such thing as a bad CZ, except maybe their 1911 and that’s probably why they don’t make it anymore. ;)