Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Milling a slide for CO or get an MOS?

Tattoo

3 hours ago, MPF said:

What are the good brands for dovetail mounts out there? Anyone have a particular favorite?

Running a Dueck Defense dovetail mount. See my photos elsewhere.

it comes with a built in front sight, so adding the rear sight option to my Deltapoint Pro gives me backup irons without dealing with suppressor height sights. 

Dueck Defense sells package deals with their dovetail mount and an optic. At least DPP and RMR packages.

so you can go red dot and if you like it, get your slide milled sometime in the future.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 9/7/2018 at 5:53 PM, Mrguns said:

midway got slide from swenson that are pre milled for burris n vortex or  brownell for rmr for under $200, that way your og slide remains in tack if u get tired of co division

Wish they made a Gen 4.  

• 6 months later...

well this is a game page not a mall nija hostile situation page.
But IMO either way co witness is stupid. Use the optic, if you dont trust it leave it off.  Throw a dot, a rear a front and all kinds of doodads in your sight picture, you will never be as fast as one or the other.

• 2 weeks later...

Fair enough. I was always confused because EGW uses the same mount for both. But I guess with EGW, there's no metal enclosing the footprint.

Personally, I'm going to try out the aimpoint acro when it comes out. It looks like it might fit the g43 slide.

Just now, PrimaryBruce said:

I just looked at the programs we have for the DP Pro, and the bolt spacing would allow for it to work directly to the slide, yes.

But like I said, you will have a ridiculous amount of overhand on the side. lol

If, as a professional machinist, you look at my photo there and consider the overhang to be the ridiculous part, I think I'm doing well.

Thanks Bruce. I'll have to consider it more about whether to stick with the DPP or go with the Acro when the Acro releases.

1 minute ago, StandardError said:

If, as a professional machinist, you look at my photo there and consider the overhang to be the ridiculous part, I think I'm doing well.

Thanks Bruce. I'll have to consider it more about whether to stick with the DPP or go with the Acro when the Acro releases.

To be clear - the entire prospect of a DP Pro on that slide is ridiculous. But if it works it works.  Lmao