Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tanfoglio Limited Custom

Fasthenk65

• 2 weeks later...

^^^ Congrats!!

I'm waiting for these to become available in Canada. I've seen that funky "teal" coloured version and the colour just doesn't do it for me. Mind you, now they want $400CDN more for black?! WTF!

Edited by Trinimon

1 minute ago, Trinimon said:

I've seen that funky "teal" coloured version and the colour just doesn't do it for me. Mind you, now they want $400CDN more for black?! WTF

Cerakote is your friend. Considering I coat all of my guns in my garage, that stuff is amazingly tough.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, I caved and bought a black LTD Custom as well as they just showed up in Canada. Ordered a few Xtreme parts to tweek it. Woohoo, looking forward to getting this puppy. Anyone running a Limited Custom in a DAA RaceMaster or Alpha X? What magnetic insert are you using with it? Thanks!

2 hours ago, JordanGriffith said:

Why? Tanfo mags are $25 that’s cheap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh boy, I wish they were that cheap in Canada. They're around $55CDN per mag or $100 with the base plate. Not to mention, 10rnd legal limit which means I can't readily buy 'em from the US.

Oh boy, I wish they were that cheap in Canada. They're around $55CDN per mag or $100 with the base plate. Not to mention, 10rnd legal limit which means I can't readily buy 'em from the US.

f*#k that blows. I have a dozen or more. All were $25

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On ‎21‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 11:01 AM, Trinimon said:

Okay, I caved and bought a black LTD Custom as well as they just showed up in Canada. Ordered a few Xtreme parts to tweek it. Woohoo, looking forward to getting this puppy. Anyone running a Limited Custom in a DAA RaceMaster or Alpha X? What magnetic insert are you using with it? Thanks!

I have 2 Limited Custom Xtremes in .40 of the 2016 variety.  I'm running them in an Alpha X with the Tanfo "square trigger guard" magnetic insert.  I've tweaked them as best as I can and its still a little sticky.  If you get the Alpha X make sure you get the optional thigh pad so it will sit a little straighter.

If I had it to do again I would look seriously at the  Racemaster.

44 minutes ago, Glenzo said:

I have 2 Limited Custom Xtremes in .40 of the 2016 variety.  I'm running them in an Alpha X with the Tanfo "square trigger guard" magnetic insert.  I've tweaked them as best as I can and its still a little sticky.  If you get the Alpha X make sure you get the optional thigh pad so it will sit a little straighter.

If I had it to do again I would look seriously at the  Racemaster.

Thanks for the info on the insert and Alpha-X thigh pad. I was looking at getting the Alpha-X and setting it as my primary and my RaceMaster as my secondary to fart around with. There was a local guy selling a used RaceMaster holster. Price was okay but wasn't bad, about $100 less than an Alpha-X.

On ‎22‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 1:08 PM, Trinimon said:

Where may I ask are you getting the $55 mags?

I paid around $160 for a new K40 mag with the Grauffel base.

1 hour ago, Glenzo said:

Where may I ask are you getting the $55 mags?

I paid around $160 for a new K40 mag with the Grauffel base.

I ordered my loot from FreedomVentures. Standard large frame mag without the extended base plate was $55. With the AL base plate was $100.