New TS Orange

Oldhand

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Also grabbed their springs to go along with the extensions, going to run their follower too, if I have issues I’ll run down and grab some new followers. It’s a blessing and a curse there just up the road.  Lol

This is how AC trigger sits. Like 858, mine has CGW trigger pin as well.

IMG_1876_zps36u8oqyk.jpg

Judging from the photo, I’m guessing you are a lefty as well?

If you are, have you found a solution to adding a thumb shelf on the RH side?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can anyone direct me to some load data for the TSO in .40?

I’ve been using a load recipe using N320 that I worked up for my Glock 35 for Limited Major and I think I just want to start over with a new load, but this time using titegroup...

Thanks guys

12 hours ago, Word_Bro said:

Judging from the photo, I’m guessing you are a lefty as well?

If you are, have you found a solution to adding a thumb shelf on the RH side?

Nope, a righty. That's why I have the big safety on left side.

17 hours ago, Word_Bro said:

Can anyone direct me to some load data for the TSO in .40?

I’ve been using a load recipe using N320 that I worked up for my Glock 35 for Limited Major and I think I just want to start over with a new load, but this time using titegroup...

Thanks guys

200 gr. coated projo

3.7gr TG

Federal primers

1.150"

170 PF

A Lot of people in here are talking about changing out springs. I have not yet changed anything on my stock TSO. Can someone tell me how I can identify which springs are which that come in the box?

On 4/11/2018 at 7:45 PM, BLUEPSTU said:

The TS Orange has a main spring of 20 lbs. and recoil spring of 16 lbs. installed. The TS comes with two extra main springs and recoil springs. The recoil springs are a 11 lbs. (short spring) and a 13 lbs. (long spring). Main springs are 13 lbs. (short spring) and a 16 lbs. (long spring)

On 3/26/2018 at 11:27 AM, 858 said:

I think the factory hammer spring is 16lb. The pistol comes with a sub 2lb trigger pull, why would you change the hammer spring?

My thoughts exactly.  The point of this gun is that it runs awesome right out of the box.

rlock, don't waste your money sending your TSO or TS down to Cajun.  First off, you will be without it for month, regardless of what you were promised.  Mine was down there for 3 months even though I was promised not longer than 3 weeks.  $500+ later, the only thing I can say positively is the safety now snick on and off better.    The supposed internal polishing, competition sear and hammer, extended firing pin, and new springs all around did absolutely nothing for the trigger pull.  Absolutely nothing.  The only thing the spring change did make the firing pin hit too weak to ignite CCI 500 primers.  It was the biggest waste of time and money ever.  Oh, BTW, he did not honor the quote he gave me before hand on the milling work.  Even though I sent detailed pictures of what I wanted, spoke to David twice on the telephone, and send detailed emails, the work be quoted at $200 because $550.   I called to complain.  David said, sorry , I can't honor that quote.  It was too low.  I'd never have sent the gun down in the first place if he had quoted that for machining.  Since he had already had the gun for 3 months, I told him to proceed with the other work, just not the machining.

If you need any work done on a CZ, I'd recommend you go to CZC for it.

I got a TSO and I don’t feel a need to send it off for any modifications to make it better. The gun comes out of the box ready for competition. Since I reload, the only thing I replaced was the recoil spring. I removed the stock recoil spring and installed a 10#. 

However, I also took it apart to examine the inner working and different internal parts of the gun. Since I already had it apart, I went ahead and polished the trigger bar, sear pin, hammer strut and hammer. That’s all it. By the way, the trigger pull was an average of 5 pulls coming in at 1# 3.2 ozs out of the box using my Lyman gauge.

just buy more ammo and go shoot and have fun with it.

Thanks for the info. I think the only thing I might change after reading the replies is the actual trigger. I like the aluminum ones that Armory Craft has.

The TSO needs the magazine opening blended into the magwell. I opened mine up with a Dremel. So far I've changed the trigger to a CZUB, CGW barrel bushing, and recoil spring. I also have a set of slide stop pins I made but they are mainly spares. 

2 hours ago, rlrock said:

Thanks for the info. I think the only thing I might change after reading the replies is the actual trigger. I like the aluminum ones that Armory Craft has.

I have to agree with the trigger, I like the look,  don't know if it will improve anything but I'm also a fan of the metal.. Cause if you can't shoot good got to look good..