Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New TS Orange

Oldhand

If you want to change the trigger, do not use the Cajin Gun Works trigger.  It sits too far back and is canted to the rear on a TS.  I'm either going to swap it out for the original plastic, or one of the ones mentioned above.  I shot the gun much, much better with the original trigger.  The Armory Craft trigger pictured earlier looks like a good candidate.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 4/12/2018 at 12:17 PM, zzt said:

I get 21 reloadable +1 with the CZC base pads and their springs and followers.  I've been using them for four years now and nothing has broken.  Everything is still working fine.

How are you getting 21?  Are you undersizing your brass?  I can sometimes get 20, but it’s tight.  

n, I have no idea why you cannot.  When I first got the CZC springs and followers I could only fit 20 reloadable.  After a while I could put 21 in but it wasn't reloadable.  Now 21 fit perfectly and are reloadable with a slight push to seat.  That was the case when I was reloading on a SDB.  Now that I'm using a LnL is is even better.  That may have something to do with using a Lee Carbide Factory Crimp die.  It resizes on the way down, taper crimps and sizes again on the way up.

The only other explanation I can off is perhaps the springs are different.  Mine are the very early ones when they first came out.  They are significantly softer than the factory springs.  They have long since taken a set, so much so they will not lock the slide back after the last round.  I can stretch the springs and they will for a mag full or two, but after that, no.  With CZ springs and followers, I get only 20 reloadable, and the slide does lock back.

I need to stop and grab their followers as with the factory ones, the folloowers get stuck at 17 rounds on the bottom of the mag and you have to use a screw driver to pop it loose.  Its freaking annoying ..

Oldhand, you can fix that.  I had the same problem using the factory springs and followers with the CZC base pads.  First make sure there are no burrs or rough edges on anything, especially the insides of the base pads.  There were on mine.  If that doesn't cure the problem, put the springs into different mags.  It's amazing how a spring and follower will work in one mag and not the other.  If all else fails, call CZC and ask for help.  Once I got mine running, they have worked 100% for years.

Forgot to ask, you stayed with the factory mag spring? I grabbed there longer mag springs as that is what they recommended        Don’t know if that is why the follower gets stuck or has a burr on the inside somewhere. 

1 hour ago, zzt said:

n, I have no idea why you cannot.  When I first got the CZC springs and followers I could only fit 20 reloadable.  After a while I could put 21 in but it wasn't reloadable.  Now 21 fit perfectly and are reloadable with a slight push to seat.  That was the case when I was reloading on a SDB.  Now that I'm using a LnL is is even better.  That may have something to do with using a Lee Carbide Factory Crimp die.  It resizes on the way down, taper crimps and sizes again on the way up.

The only other explanation I can off is perhaps the springs are different.  Mine are the very early ones when they first came out.  They are significantly softer than the factory springs.  They have long since taken a set, so much so they will not lock the slide back after the last round.  I can stretch the springs and they will for a mag full or two, but after that, no.  With CZ springs and followers, I get only 20 reloadable, and the slide does lock back.

Good info.  I have the CZC follower and spring as well.  Perhaps with time they will get better.  Do you store your mags full?  I haven’t done that with the concern of weaking the spring or stretching the feed lips.

n, I don't store my mags full.  However, I do 'condition' them when new.  I fully load them and let them sit for a week or two so the spring gets to its 'working length'.  After that, I empty them after each match.  If memory serves it was 6-8 months after I acquired them that the CZC guts shrunk enough to no longer hold the slide open.  I do not think you can affect the feed lips by store the mag full.

BTW, there was only one time my stage plan involved starting with 21+1.  Fortunately it worked out.  I start with 20+1 normally.  I load CZC guts with 20 and CZ guts with 19, just to make sure I get the mag seated.  I'm not a slammer.  

There's more room inside the Springer extensions and they don't require all of that tomfoolery. I don't think any of my mags locked back the slide with CZC springs and followers. 

On 4/15/2018 at 12:24 PM, Oldhand said:

Just picked up the cz extension and a extra magazine for limited class.  I was surprised that after the first match I shot the plastic buffer was shredded anyone else have this happen?

I experienced the same thing after my first match, but during practice, shooting as many rounds as match, I didn't have any issues. Did you replace that plastic guide rod plug? I have another match coming soon and won't have time to replace it.

20180429_092810.jpg

Edited by Inkw8ll