Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New TS Orange

Oldhand

Just picked up a TSO in 40 S&W any suggestions for the recoil and hammer springs as it comes with a few new ones.

Factory loads to start with , surprised how tight gun is, just did first clean and lube before first rounds today.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just picked up a TSO in 40 S&W any suggestions for the recoil and hammer springs as it comes with a few new ones.
Factory loads to start with , surprised how tight gun is, just did first clean and lube before first rounds today.

Funny you mention how tight the fit is. It was surprised too. Slide runs back and forth like a sewing machine though!

I’m looking for a 9mm upper to go with the 40 I bought. Great gun.

11 hours ago, 858 said:

I think the factory hammer spring is 16lb. The pistol comes with a sub 2lb trigger pull, why would you change the hammer spring?

I'm not very high speed, but my TSO pulls under 1.5lbs.  That's plenty light for me.

I did and wish I hadn't.  The CGW straight trigger sits father back than the stock trigger and causes me problems when transitioning from finger outside the guard to the trigger.  I have a tendency to pull the shot left.

45 minutes ago, zzt said:

I did and wish I hadn't.  The CGW straight trigger sits father back than the stock trigger and causes me problems when transitioning from finger outside the guard to the trigger.  I have a tendency to pull the shot left.

I had same problem with CGW trigger. It canted backwards too much.

But I got a CZub trigger (rom Armory Craft) and it sits more vertical. Might be worth a look.

10 hours ago, Word_Bro said:

Hey guys,

I just bought a TSO in .40 for Limited USPSA, and was wondering if anyone has changed the stock plastic trigger to an aftermarket metal trigger? Just wondering...

Yes, a CZUB trigger from Armory Craft with a CGW trigger pin.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Oldhand said:

Any recommends for ext base pads?

hy chance what’s the recoil spring rate factory and the additional one that come in box?

Springer Precision for basepads. Copying this from a thread on a CZ forum:

The TS Orange has a main spring of 20 lbs. and recoil spring of 16 lbs. installed. The TS comes with two extra main springs and recoil springs. The recoil springs are a 11 lbs. (short spring) and a 13 lbs. (long spring). Main springs are 13 lbs. (short spring) and a 16 lbs. (long spring)

CZC externsions have less internal space than Springer extensions. I can fit 21+1 using Springer extensions and CZC spring and follower. The down side is the CZC followers are crappy and break in half. CZC won't warranty them either.

I get 21 reloadable +1 with the CZC base pads and their springs and followers.  I've been using them for four years now and nothing has broken.  Everything is still working fine.