Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mark7 Evolution

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The next 3D print release will be a kludge for the case feeder.
It sits between the body and the rotor and prevents 9mm casings from ruining the party by sneaking in sideways.

Still a work in progress. Version 1 turned out to be dud, it _almost_ worked.
Version 2 shows more promise . It's a hodgepodge of angles and fillets but much cleaner than v1.

I will release the STL once it has been tested enough.
(It is overbuilt because I want it to print without ANY supports)

IMG_6298.jpg.3f3a83fd6ee3fc8ecd34dd81a481499a.jpg

mark7-casefeederkludge1.jpg.f7dcabe6938e227cf4d7fc2edcf331db.jpg

Edited by itselataaja550

On ‎10‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 1:33 PM, tanks said:

One solution for people talking about flex etc. due to sizing force on the brass is to roll size your brass to factory specs. Then, you will have minimal force.

Is it true you don't need to spray on case lube if you roll size before regular sizing?  I am considering one.

6 hours ago, Norm37 said:

Is it true you don't need to spray on case lube if you roll size before regular sizing?  I am considering one.

Not necessarily. Roll sizing gets the bottom 2/3 of the brass. You still need to do full length sizing. I still use One Shot on everything that goes into the press because it make it that much smoother. Also, One Shot is not super sticky like a lot of other lubricants so you don't need to clean it off after. 

By the way one get ridiculous on case prep. As a non-commercial competitive shooter depending on the month I need between only 4-6K rounds a month. So, I can spend the time to roll size, then decap, swage, and resize the brass and then finally do the loading. First two passes do not even any take extra time other than maybe 20 minutes for set up and I can do it at full speed of the press while dry firing. Just feed the case feeder 1K brass every 15 minutes or so. Perfect break in dry firing.

Edited by tanks

16 hours ago, itselataaja550 said:

A suggestion. The larger case feeder is 14" in diameter. I can easily put 1K+ brass on it and it works well, however due to it being tilted brass accumulates at one side as it is rotating and some brass will jump up. A "ghetto" solution is to tape some sort of a cardboard to prevent that from happening. On Mr BulletFeeder Pro there is a plexiglass solution that comes with it. No such thing for the case feeder.

How about designing a half-circle shield for it that covers that edge and slides onto it. It doesn't need to be more than 7" in depth (so half of a 14" circle for simplicity). The only slightly complicated part is to fit it on the edge.  Here is a pic of my "ghetto" solution.

IMG_1428.thumb.JPG.33dabcd40fb09c93f271dd6640e5f6d8.JPG

Edited by tanks

17 hours ago, itselataaja550 said:

It sits between the body and the rotor and prevents 9mm casings from ruining the party by sneaking in sideways.

Still a work in progress. Version 1 turned out to be dud, it _almost_ worked.
Version 2 shows more promise . It's a hodgepodge of angles and fillets but much cleaner than v1.

I will release the STL once it has been tested enough.
(It is overbuilt because I want it to print without ANY supports)

IMG_6298.jpg.3f3a83fd6ee3fc8ecd34dd81a481499a.jpg

mark7-casefeederkludge1.jpg.f7dcabe6938e227cf4d7fc2edcf331db.jpg

Looks like great progress!  I am interested in the STL when you are ready.

2 hours ago, tanks said:

Not necessarily. Roll sizing gets the bottom 2/3 of the brass. You still need to do full length sizing.

I still use One Shot on everything that goes into the press because it make it that much smoother. Also, One Shot is not super sticky like a lot of other lubricants so you don't need to clean it off after. 

Yes I had planned on doing full length resizing as the company I am buying from said it is necessary after using their roll sizer.

On the One Shot, good to know.

Thanks, Norm

A suggestion. The larger case feeder is 14" in diameter. I can easily put 1K+ brass on it and it works well,

I am curious about how many rounds an hour the larger commercial case feeder can feed vs the regular case feeder?

The roll sizer company says to run it at half speed or less if using a Dillon case feeder.  It is hard on the machine to run it without cases present.  They furnish you a tube so you can connect it to your press case feeder if you don't want to buy a dedicated case feeder.

It is rated at 6100 rounds per hour. 

Ps. I have always purchased new Starline brass.  With a roll sizer I can start using once fired brass.  That should help defray some of the cost of the roll sizer.

Edited by Norm37

4 hours ago, tanks said:

A suggestion. The larger case feeder is 14" in diameter. I can easily put 1K+ brass on it and it works well, however due to it being tilted brass accumulates at one side as it is rotating and some brass will jump up. A "ghetto" solution is to tape some sort of a cardboard to prevent that from happening. On Mr BulletFeeder Pro there is a plexiglass solution that comes with it. No such thing for the case feeder.

I think I read somewhere that Mark 7 would be working on some kind of solution to the large casefeeder issue.

38 minutes ago, tanks said:

The thing is I roll size in order to make it easier to full length size (and have no issues in the gun with Glock bulge etc.). Resizing first defeats that purpose, at least for me. Though, I am rolling .40 and have not had experienced the issue of the brass rolling up. Maybe tapered 9mm brass issue?

I just completed my order.  Now the long wait, but I am still waiting on my Evolution so no big deal. 

I see your running with 4 screws  I will probably run 2 maybe three as my Evolution (on order) has the smaller case feeder and probably not near as fast as your large case feeder.  I ordered with 4 caliber conversion kits even though I might just go down to two calibers.

Thinking of getting a second (maybe a large case feeder?) Evolution just for 9mm and the one I have on order for 10mm.

The 10mm is my EDC  the 9mm is my backup EDC.

Edited by Norm37

19 minutes ago, mikamarj said:

I think I read somewhere that Mark 7 would be working on some kind of solution to the large casefeeder issue.

They have a lot of things on the wish list. I have a feeling this will be a lower priority than something like a primer collator for Evolution Pro or a primer orientation sensor. I wouldn't count on seeing it any time soon if at all.

9 minutes ago, tanks said:

I ordered from the Australia company.  Hope my order goes ok.

It will take longer to get here and shipping is pretty high $259.86  Oh well live and learn.

Ps.  I just added the site to my favorites list.  If I ever need parts I won't have to pay a high shipping cost.

Thanks, Norm

Edited by Norm37

5 minutes ago, tanks said:

Speaking of roll sizing, and then full length sizing here is what it looks like. First 5 on the left are roll sized only, next five is roll sized, decapped, and full length sized and go fully into the Hundo case checker. The brass sitting on top shows how much of the case is roll sized, about 3/8th (and why you need to full length size).

IMG_1429.thumb.JPG.3349e83d11ef53fdb09c9a67905663ec.JPG

Great info.  A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words

I got my powder drop back and ran 2k rounds through the press checking the powder drop every 100 rounds while I topped off primers. 

No issues with my new powder drop!

anyone with the primer collator, keep the Dillon rf or get the mark 7 one?

I have read mixed reviews about a lot of time spent fixing primers from the collator. 

1 hour ago, Thetimb said:

...anyone with the primer collator, keep the Dillon rf or get the mark 7 one?

I have read mixed reviews about a lot of time spent fixing primers from the collator. 

I have the primer collator on my Revolution and it is awesome. That being said you have to have the following done for it to work without jams:

• Have the machine index perfectly.
  • Have a sizing die above the priming station to keep the brass centered.
  • Do not have debris etc. in the primer pockets. That was what was causing most of my jams, pre-processing brass cleared that problem along with setting up swaging. I think if swaging is set up right most likely you won't have jams as hopefully it will clear the debris.
  • Throw away all S&B brass.

14 minutes ago, tanks said:

I have the primer collator on my Revolution and it is awesome. That being said you have to have the following done for it to work without jams:

• Have the machine index perfectly.
  • Have a sizing die above the priming station to keep the brass centered.
  • Do not have debris etc. in the primer pockets. That was what was causing most of my jams, pre-processing brass cleared that problem along with setting up swaging. I think if swaging is set up right most likely you won't have jams as hopefully it will clear the debris.
  • Throw away all S&B brass.

What about upside down primers? 

8 hours ago, Norm37 said:

I ordered from the Australia company.  Hope my order goes ok.

It will take longer to get here and shipping is pretty high $259.86  Oh well live and learn.

Ps.  I just added the site to my favorites list.  If I ever need parts I won't have to pay a high shipping cost.

Thanks, Norm

Yes, your order will be fine.  If I have them in the distribution warehouse, they will ship directly from me here in the states. If we are out of stock and you order from the Australian site, they will ship in from there.  It takes a little longer and costs a bit more in shipping because they ship direct instead of by the pallet load.

We will be adjusting pricing on the ImmortoBot site based on better shipping rates to us from Australia soon.

1 hour ago, ImmortalArms said:

Yes, your order will be fine.  If I have them in the distribution warehouse, they will ship directly from me here in the states. If we are out of stock and you order from the Australian site, they will ship in from there.  It takes a little longer and costs a bit more in shipping because they ship direct instead of by the pallet load.

We will be adjusting pricing on the ImmortoBot site based on better shipping rates to us from Australia soon.

Thanks for the info.  Looking forward to receiving my rollsizer.

Norm

pics of the powder drop and collator would be nice. I am waiting (still, I mean it's only been a couple months right?) for my ITAR stuff to get sorted out for my powder measure and primer system. Both the collator and the primer feed system need to go back and be replaced, along with the powder measure as it's doing weird thing.s

19 minutes ago, slavex said:

pics of the powder drop and collator would be nice. I am waiting (still, I mean it's only been a couple months right?) for my ITAR stuff to get sorted out for my powder measure and primer system. Both the collator and the primer feed system need to go back and be replaced, along with the powder measure as it's doing weird thing.s

Here is my new powder drop that came back from RMA

6DA8CD27-1826-4414-9A93-1D8FAF6A7535.jpeg

Edited by Thetimb