Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mark7 Evolution

2 minutes ago, Norm37 said:

From what I understand, the sensors are for the Evolution Pro.  How do those who have the Evolution detect these kind of problems?

I test my sensors before I start a lage run as well as validate consistent powder throws. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

39 minutes ago, Thetimb said:

I really couldnt disagree more. If you get the swage sense dialed in properly you really don’t need an optical decap sensor. 

Any stuck primer would be detected by the swage sense. 

I obviously don't have my press yet, but this is exactly my thought. I agree with you TheTimb.

In fact, before ordering the Evo Pro, I was going to purchase an AutoDrive for the S1050 and this was my thought process.

Edited by LowBoost

31 minutes ago, CrashDodson said:

It will mostly be done by feel.  If your pulling the handle and the swage rod hits a primer, its not going to allow you to pull through unless your all roided up. 

Ok,  That's good as I will be reloading slow and easy.

If you sit down and want to load 2000 bullets then the Pro is a good consideration.

Mine will be more like 200 to 300 rounds a session.

Regardless of manual or automated you want a primer filling solution thats not using pick up tubes.  The vibraprime is a poor mans option that works ok.  Until I get the primer collator someone would have to pry the dillon rf100 from my cold dead hands.   

I'm thinking a Dillon rf100 would be good enough, but also wondering about the primer collator.

Thanks for all of the above,  Norm

Edited by Norm37

I just talked with customer service about my Evo Pro order.  I asked when the primer collator would be available and she said they were hoping by year end, as they were

"still doing testing."

I then told her I understood that Revolution presses had been shipping with the collators and she said NO.  She said NO ONE has a primer collator as yet.

Is this true?

11 minutes ago, Norm37 said:

Ok,  That's good as I will be reloading slow and easy.

Mine will be more like 200 to 300 rounds a session.

I'm thinking a Dillon rf100 would be good enough, but also wondering about the primer collator.

Thanks for all of the above,  Norm

Norm, I fully understand the desire to own a fine piece of equipment "just because," and there's nothing wrong with using a top-end progressive to load 200 rounds per session, but do you plan to load 200 rounds of one caliber and then in your next session change the tool to load a different caliber?  If so, I think you might be setting yourself up for frustration and disappointment.

Just sayin...

17 minutes ago, JohnFRoss said:

but do you plan to load 200 rounds of one caliber and then in your next session change the tool to load a different caliber? 

No,  I have been shooting 45 ACP and have about 2000 bullets left to reload.   I also have 1,000 9mm bullets.

When I get my Evolution I think I just might switch to 10 mm.  I have 13,000 bullets to reload and probably won't change tool heads until they are all gone.

To buy bulk bullets from Rainer your order had to be 35,000 bullets.  I purchased 15,000 each for 10mm and 45 ACP and 5,000 9mm. a few years ago.

Ahhh now makes sense. So basically, there are circumstances that will trigger a "chain reaction" for issues in other stations. 

I assume the powder sense trigger will stop the machine at this point right? (Assuming there is indeed a double charge).

Trying to avoid spending another $200 in a sensor. LOL

Edited by LowBoost

1 hour ago, JohnFRoss said:

...I then told her I understood that Revolution presses had been shipping with the collators and she said NO.  She said NO ONE has a primer collator as yet.

Is this true?

That is not true. She is confused. Here is my Revolution with the collator.

33 minutes ago, tanks said:

That is not true. She is confused. Here is my Revolution with the collator.

How well does that collator work for you? I'm a bit tired of my Dillon RF-100 jamming or dispensing upside-down primers all the time, considering buying the collator once it becomes available/in stock for the Evolution Pro...

2 minutes ago, mikamarj said:

After all, it's just $200 addition to a €7000 machine...

I was expecting someone to mention this! LOL ?

I'll just add it to my order. (Hope it doesn't delay the order though).

28 minutes ago, mikamarj said:

How well does that collator work for you? I'm a bit tired of my Dillon RF-100 jamming or dispensing upside-down primers all the time, considering buying the collator once it becomes available/in stock for the Evolution Pro...

It is very nice. Holds about 300 primers and I just add 100 every so often to keep it topped up. I did have an issue of 5% on flipped primers and M7 sent me a newly tuned primer bowl to take care of the issue. Now, I haven't installed it yet as I am getting ready for Nationals and my free time is being spent dry/live firing.

In regards to RF 100 once I moved it to a concrete floor and slowed it down so it took the full 2 minutes to fill the tube I had no issues with the flipped primers.

Edited by tanks

One issue is to make sure the vibration speed is constant. If you have it so 300 primers will slowly make it up the ramp, then you can't let it get down to < 100 and add a bunch at once. Vibration speed is dependent on the number of primers in the bowl, if it is tuned for 200-300 primers then it will be too fast of a speed for lower number of primers in the bowl. Either that or keep fiddling with the speed dial.

I am fine with adding a hundred primers every 3 minutes or so. 

5 hours ago, Norm37 said:

Looks like I might get my Evolution sooner than Christmas.  Just go a call from DAA wanting to confirm that I want my order changed from 40 S&W to 10mm.  

DAA had received a call from Mark 7, saying they are getting ready to  build my machine and wanted confirmation before making the change.

?

Hopefully mine is being built as well. I was 5th on DAA list on Sept 10th and called DAA on Tue and they said I was still 5th. No orders were filled since Sept 10th

28 minutes ago, Stymie12000 said:

Hopefully mine is being built as well. I was 5th on DAA list on Sept 10th and called DAA on Tue and they said I was still 5th. No orders were filled since Sept 10th

It is, as I am # 8 on  the DAA list.  Hopefully it gets on the assembly line next week. Or at least by the end of the month.

That is unless yours is already on the assembly line.  Quiller is # 1 on the list and he posted this on Friday the 12th.

On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 2:02 PM, quiller said:

I called Mk7 on my drive home and talked to the owner (Jay). Jay indicated that the shipping calculator is not working correctly. While I had his ear I got an update on my press. It's on the assembly line and will be on a pallet to DAA soon enough. I also learned that this batch will have many updates over previously shipped machines. Jay seems like a stand up guy and we chatted for quite some time. He's committed to putting out a first class machine with first class customer service. After our call I feel he is achieving both. 

Hope yours is on the same pallet with Quillers  ?  if not ours should be on the same pallet.?

Edited by Norm37

22 minutes ago, Norm37 said:

It is, as I am # 8 on  the DAA list.  Hopefully it gets on the assembly line next week. Or at least by the end of the month.

That is unless yours is already on the assembly line.  Quiller is # 1 on the list and he posted this on Friday the 12th.

Hope yours is on the same pallet with Quillers  ?  if not ours should be on the same pallet.?

Awsome. Thanks for keeping tabs and keeping us informed!

2 hours ago, mikamarj said:

...I already have SwageSense installed and PowderSense ordered. After tonights experience with Geco-brass I'm seriously considering buying also the DecapSense. After all, it's just $200 addition to a €7000 machine...

Yep, I will order the primer orientation sensor as soon as it becomes available as well. That will take care of flipped primers AND those with no primers so I am not spilling powder all over the place. Considering I am into it about $13K+ a few hundred $$$ is not much of an issue. "In for a penny, in for a pound".  

21 hours ago, CrashDodson said:

He did mention the .055 pin and the 1k RPH deal.  I dont have one of those to try.  Might be worth it...im probley getting 1000 rph now running the press much faster but having to clear stoppages.  

Maybe if you get the pin you could slow down the lower dwell time to 900 - 1000 rounds per hour. Then run the press faster the rest of the cycle.

Ps.  are these the pins you have? Universal Decapping Die Includes 2 - .070 Decapping Pins  

If so, the .055 pin is only   $2.79     A thinner pin is easier (but less chance of sticking) to bend so it might be worth while to get two so you have a spare on hand.        

https://www.mightyarmory.com/collections/made-in-the-usa/products/copy-of-decapping-pin-070-standard-or-055-lapua-heat-treated-and-tempered?variant=5097667788841 

2nd. PS. I have the Evolution on order and have decided I will  use the  Lapua .055 Bend Rate 582 Lbs. for 9mm small primer.  The AP/AUTO .070 Bend Rate 800 Lbs. for 10mm large primer.

Edited by Norm37