Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mark7 Evolution

35 minutes ago, SSGJohnV said:

Part of the reason, I believe, is that they update software and components occasionally. Having a constant online manual that gets updated helps them keep their customers on the most current version. I don't know this for a fact, just my assumption.

This was my understand after talking with the owner about 6 weeks ago. Coming from years in IT and software support it makes sense to me. Central location where user can get and share information and Mk7 can put out updates and other information. My press is still in the box...well truth be told I took it out and drooled over it as we are in the process of buying a house so I'm in a set up holding pattern. However, I got access to Mk7's site with my serial number and watched all the videos and read many of the threads. It all great stuff and I encourage all to post there as well. The only knock I have is waiting for approval on posts. IMO this should be a little more transparent, eg posts are live and Mk7 monitors and takes appropriate action. My last job was working for a major CAD software company (if you use CAD you used one of the apps they sold) and all forums were 100% live. We monitored and had ways of addressing issues....just like the monitors on this site and 99% of all other site I use.  

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've had a good experience with support.  

Me not being able to troubleshoot during normal working hours slows the process down. But ive had good results videoing any questions I've had. I work in IT and know the value of having the most information on a problem and setup as possible really helps get a quicker resolution.  If you submit vague support request without much to go on dont expect much in return. 

I can agree the post monitoring on their forum is a little annoying.  I understand its use but with having forum members be vetted by actual owners only I dont quite see the need.  The forum is pretty dead i just use it for videos and write ups. 

Have some reliable processing of 40 brass at 1,800 RPH, runs real smooth. Don't have the 2nd guide pin installed yet, not noticing any tool head issues even with bad brass. My arm already feels better about not pulling a handle!

I run 40. Processing and loading at the same time. Press set at 2200 with some adjustments to dwell and index. I'm getting a throughput of around 1700rph.  I notice a very slight flex in the tool head at the bottom of the stroke. Considering the second pin but it doesnt seem to be an issue.  If I could get a mighty armory pin that would fix the primer pull back I would be pumping out ammo like crazy. Still seeing about 5 stoppages per 100 due to primer pull back. The decap sense has sped up clearing those significantly though. 

On ‎11‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 8:42 AM, SSGJohnV said:

Part of the reason, I believe, is that they update software and components occasionally. Having a constant online manual that gets updated helps them keep their customers on the most current version. I don't know this for a fact, just my assumption.

I own a Tesla and this is exactly what they do for the same reasons.  This way you are assured of always having the correct information and when something changes you can get instructions for the changes as soon as they occur.  Saves a lot of money too.  I believe this is the way of the future so we just need to get used to it.   

It not only saves money. It saves a headache (time and resources) of having to hunt down every single place they would have to update the information! One source, one place, one time! :)

No need to be active in 20 forums and have a dedicated person to clarify information, answer questions, etc. You get the info you want straight from the horse's mouth. 

Pretty sure this was part of their process life cycle from the get-go. Simple and effective.

Edited by LowBoost

3 hours ago, CrashDodson said:

I run 40. Processing and loading at the same time. Press set at 2200 with some adjustments to dwell and index. I'm getting a throughput of around 1700rph.  I notice a very slight flex in the tool head at the bottom of the stroke. Considering the second pin but it doesnt seem to be an issue.  If I could get a mighty armory pin that would fix the primer pull back I would be pumping out ammo like crazy. Still seeing about 5 stoppages per 100 due to primer pull back. The decap sense has sped up clearing those significantly though. 

Primer pullback: 5 per 100.

I'm curious why this is so frequent. I've never had an automated press; only run my 650 manually.

Using a Lee sizer/decapper I have maybe one pullback in 5000? I actually can't remember the last time it happened.

Is there something going on here with this system that makes it more vulnerable?

3 hours ago, LowBoost said:

It not only saves money. It saves a headache (time and resources) of having to hunt down every single place they would have to update the information! One source, one place, one time! :)

No need to be active in 20 forums and have a dedicated person to clarify information, answer questions, etc. You get the info you want straight from the horse's mouth. 

Pretty sure this was part of their process life cycle from the get-go. Simple and effective.

I'm all fine for this kind of system.  I think it's great that there is one place for accurate up to date information.  But the system is useless if you cannot access it! 

2 hours ago, ddc said:

I'm curious why they aren't made to be a slightly larger diameter.

It seems like they could be at least 50% wider and that would seem to minimize any pull back opportunities.

If wider the decapping pin sticks on the primer anvil.  That's why you need the smaller (narrow) pin for small primers.

I would buy a couple of the smaller pins and test them to see how fast you can reload before they start to bend on your press.

Ps. Just had a thought, start using 10mm brass trimmed to 40 S&W length.  10mm uses large primers and you should be able to run your press at full speed.

Edited by Norm37

9 hours ago, CrashDodson said:

Ive tried both pin sizes.  Same problem.  To get a pin wide enough not to stick, it would be to wide to fit in the flash hole. 

It seems to me you would want a pin narrow enough that it does not stick in the small primer anvil???

You might want to test different small primers to see if you can find a brand that is less susceptible to sticking.

Good day, I got a phone call yesterday from MK-7 that my Evo Pro was being moved to production. I ordered mine the first week of August. Delivery would have been the end of November, but as I am out of town till mid December they are going to set up production so it arrives then. Jamie was very helpful, confirmed everything I had ordered and the.223 caliber. I already have a second guide pin ordered but enquirered about the reasoning behind the third guide pin. She responded it’s normally associated when reloading 308 caliber. 

Thank you to everyone9n this forum for all their post. It has kept me apprised 

Ed

So we are going to leave an obvious troll account active? YOU JUST CAN'T TAKE THE TRUTH. Just because I don't agree with you means I'm a troll.

No. The fact that you created an account just to jump on this thread is the indicator that you are using a troll account.

12 hours ago, Norm37 said:

It seems to me you would want a pin narrow enough that it does not stick in the small primer anvil???

You might want to test different small primers to see if you can find a brand that is less susceptible to sticking.

The smaller you make the diameter the more likely you will just punch through the primer. I've tried reducing the diameter.  I see it on s&b and federal head stamps the most. No way I'm sorting my brass by headstamp so I'll just deal with it until MA figures it out.