Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dude!

I thought you are asking about totally different thing! Then I realized almost all the people on this board are guys...... you know, when you ask this question to women, like, It means only one thing!

Having grown up within a days drive of Hermiston OR (Home of the best damn watermelons on the planet) I have been a confirmed watermelon addict for my entire life.

And yes, I spit.

The one option that is missing is the nancy boy wimp out option of the "seedless watermelon". Never had one of those that was worth the energy it took to eat it.

FWIW...had a friend that decided to dehydrate watermelon in the old food dehydrator. The resultant product tasted like water melon (kind of) but looked like, well, raw meat. Don't bother.

Dude!

I thought you are asking about totally different thing!  Then I realized almost all the people on this board are guys...... you know, when you ask this question to women, like, It means only one thing!

Jeez, I also did not realize they were talking about watermelons! ;)

The one option that is missing is the nancy boy wimp out option of the "seedless watermelon". 

... "seedless watermelon" belongs in the half-a$$ section along with decaffinated coffee, fat free sour cream, turkey jerky, and meatless baked ziti. It's like a shot without follow through. Why pull the trigger in the first place if you aren't willing to go all the way and finish it?

"nancy boy wimp out option " is right on... you won't find any of that here.

Go BIG or go home!

Posers need not apply.

I am normally a well comported dining companion.

I make this proclaimation with one caveat. When on the front porch eating watermelon, it is considered quite mannerly in some circles to "spit for distance and accuracy". (Ballistic seed expulsion, if you will.) And I will happly follow suit if my host indicates, by first launch, that the porch area is "in play".

I too have spit for  distance and accuracy on occasion...

How accurate and how far, 4 inch group at 3 yards? Also, do you find a difference spitting the lighter seeds vs. the darker heavier seeds? Do you aim with one eye or two? Finally, how fast are your spits?

Distance is max around 14 or 15 ft and accuracy suffers with max distance, accuracy is about 10 inches at 6 feet give or take...

At this point, my reloads are very slow...single shot type spits.. :P

I dont mind seedless. Call me names is you must but its easier to eat indoors. The wife doesnt mind if I dry fire at the TV but I think live fire is out, even with seeds.

The sad part is that it doesnt matter. Around where I live you can only buy seedless melons at the local supermarkets. I guess no one wanted to buy the old fashioned ones and they stoped stocking it. On the bright side I am a fairly good melon chooser so life is good.