Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 34 gen 5 vs Sig p320 x-5

I did a search through the forum and was unable to find anything. Does anyone own both of these or has anyone switched from one to the other. There's obviously a ton of literature out there on the 34 but I'm interested in knowing how these two compare to each other for out of the box production shooting value. 

I only own the x5 but my Dad had the 34 so I have shot both plenty. You know what they say about opinions but imho, I would say hands down that the x5 is the way to go. I have been able to shoot many different guns and don't see how there can be a better polymer gun out there. It has such low recoil that you would think you are shooting a heavier steel gun. I know it is a little more money than the Glock but I don't think you would regret the purchase.

13 hours ago, MemphisMechanic said:

I would choose the X5, having shot the 34 for the first three years I played these games.

...And recently having run an X5 a few times, I think it’s a better buy.

That's what I've been picking up about it so far. Thanks for the feedback. 

19 hours ago, BLUEPSTU said:

I only own the x5 but my Dad had the 34 so I have shot both plenty. You know what they say about opinions but imho, I would say hands down that the x5 is the way to go. I have been able to shoot many different guns and don't see how there can be a better polymer gun out there. It has such low recoil that you would think you are shooting a heavier steel gun. I know it is a little more money than the Glock but I don't think you would regret the purchase.

Good to know. 

• 2 weeks later...

I shoot a Glock 17 and having checked out a few of my buddies X5's I would strongly agree that the X5 is the way to go. The trigger is SO much better. Especially with the greyguns PELT trigger. But even stock. It's much much better.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• 1 year later...

I've been shooting Glocks since the beginning. Bought an X-5, dry fired, shot it in a match once, and then sold it. I don't like the grip angle and it feels too "fat" to me. It also feels like it has a higher height over bore.

I now shoot a Glock 34 Gen 5 MOS in USPSA and IDPA carry optics division. It's damn near the perfect gun to me with the front serrations, flared magwell opening, no finger grooves, and MOS on the slide.

I just purchased a Walther PPQ Q5 Match Steel Frame and am hopeful and a bit excited about this one. If Glock made a steel frame 34, I'd be all over it!

Edited by telligentgunner

try a canik TP9SFX, it will shoot a tighter group that either the glock 34 or the X 5, this is off sand bags, i am not that good off an offhand shooter to compare, might even shoot a tad tighter than my new Shadow 2

chet

I have been shooting Glocks in GSSF Matches for over a decade and recently purchased a plain 320 that had been recalled and sold to me in a red CPO type cardboard box. First time shooting the 320 I just plain shot it better in accuracy and speed. Going to put an Apex Trigger in it this week and try it. Don't have a X Series 320, but I'm certain for me the 320s' outshoot the Glocks.

hey Gary

i had a P320 a few yrs ago. trigger was not to my liking, did not want to spend over 200 dollars back then, i have to say, maybe i should have kept it, because last week i did shoot a new p 320 with the apex trigger, awesome trigger half the price of the grays job

chet