Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

STOP the Carnage!!!

I was concerned with shooting my Pro Crono since tales of doing that are legendary.   So I put it together and layed on it's backside on a cardboard target.   With a magic marker, I outlined everything: crono, risers, and rear screen.   Indicated POA, shot one at 10 feet and got POI; adjusted from there.   Useful for advising others who may use your crono, and maybe at match crono stages for instruction and for posting the replacement cost of the crono.   (Posted also in another topic, but here too as the killing has to stop.)

The grip screw in my TruBor came loose, which affected the POI with

my C-More.

Shot it, aiming "in the middle of the triangle", and clipped the Chrono   :( 

Took me a while to figure that all out ...  but, very possible.

NOW, I put up target at 12 feet, fire one shot, and then place the Chrono

in the middle of the target   :) 

Edited by Hi-Power Jack

I set my chrono at 15', I put a target at 25yds, I eyeball that from roughly where the barrel will be to the target doesn't appear close to anything. I shoot my loads for accuracy and velocity at one time. Hundreds of rounds possibly into the thousands, no strikes. It's not complicated if the gun was zeroed with something before hand, and I guess nothing came loose.

With rifle I set the target way out there, even easier to eyeball.

3 hours ago, motosapiens said:

I just aim in the middle of the triangle on mine. it's like 6" from any part of the chrono, and so far I haven't been able to miss by 6" at 10 feet. I'm baffled as to how people shoot these things.

Me too. I typically shoot at something on the berm to make sure the gun is still shooting where it's supposed to before shooting through chrono.

I'm not sure about you guys, but I always set up my chrono about 15' away and I start with the gun in a Caldwell leadsled DFT 2.  I ensure the gun is secure and aligned in the middle of the chrono between the target and gun.