Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Warning: Do Not Dryfire Barefoot!

Well it was an evening not unlike the past few, or so I thought-trying to get just 10 minutes of positive sight picture draws, transitions, and reloads in each night before Nats. ;) Then somehow the magazine full of dummy rounds found my three middle toes of my right foot during the reload :( . After hopping around the house like a lunatic with my gun in my hand screaming ouch, oh, :o and trying to hold back profanity :angry: , I realized that the reload was still successful. My toes took several minutes to quit throbbing, and my family came down the stairs to investigate the horrible screams, finding me with my race rig on :ph34r: . The moral of the story is wear shoes to prevent delays in your practice due to injury of the digits. :blink::wacko:

I did somthing similar to that while dry firing. I had been practicing my reloads and when i bent down to retrieve my mag from the floor my gun dropped out of my ghost holster. I didnt lock the holster before bending over. The tip of the beavertail landed right on the top of my bare foot. I dont think I want to do that again.

oh my god.  I am choking.  Buhahahha.  Geez. help help!

This is the funniest thread beyond humor section!

+1 :lol:

thanks folks, I needed a little levity this morning.

Now if I can just get rid of the images in my head of a nude shooter smelling of bacon..... :huh:

Fomeister,

This is why I never practice. It's simply too dangerous. :D

Did Steve Anderson put a disclaimer in his book about dryfire attire? I believe we have a case here :o

Friends don't let friends dryfire "neked"

Dave

They can't host IDPA either, no concealment.

Well, maybe only for mouse guns...without sights. OUCH!!!!!!

Thread drift:

At a local USPSA-like "benefit" match last year, we had a guy in our squad none of us had ever seen before. Didn't see gear on him, either, so we figured he was in "concealed" mode. Right up until it was his turn to shoot, he threw off his jacket and pulled a [really nice commemorative Gold Cup] cocked-and-locked .45 out of the back of his pants.

Not out a holster. Out of the back of his pants.

RO gets into a discussion with him about how he has to use a holster. He can't just walk around with a gun stuffed into his jeans.

Cue the Irreverent Squad Mates...

"hey, he *has* a holster. It is an ITC model. Inside The Crack"

"hey, yeah, one-size-fits-all"

''yeah, it even has a built-in sight-channel"

etc.

(You can fill in your own blanks for comments about "slide glide"... I won't go there)

Bruce

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

And may I add don't dry fire/ practice reloads with sandels on either... Owwww.

I've seen a couple Northwestern shooters shoot a match in sandals. But I don't about their cooking skills/attire.

I dropped a mag on my foot practicing with sandals on, now I make sure I have shoes on... (Wouldn't shoot match with sandals on either... ) B)

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

And may I add don't dry fire/ practice reloads with sandels on either... Owwww.

I've seen a couple Northwestern shooters shoot a match in sandals. But I don't about their cooking skills/attire.

I dropped a mag on my foot practicing with sandals on, now I make sure I have shoes on... (Wouldn't shoot match with sandals on either... ) B)

Ive shot indoor matches in sandles. The floor was so slick it didnt matter what type of footwear you have on. And i just figured, if i may be defending my life, i dont think the other person is gonna wait till i have the proper footwear on.