Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Great 2# Drop In Triogger Kit!

Adam B

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got mine in the mail today. Dropped it in and dry fired. All I can say is, "Dammit, I should have ordered one of these before Steel Challenge." It's scary smooth. I shoot a stock trigger and usually prep the trigger. Now I need to retrain my finger. Feels like an HK P7 trigger. It's an excellent value!

Itchy

• 2 weeks later...

Did the "Kimberkid Garuntee" have anything to do with your order? ralph teased me the other day about my offer. BTW Ralph is currently out of stock on parts because his supplier is out of stock. He expects more parts soon and will get right to work on them as soon as supplies arrive. I will be in Louisville this weekend at Silver Creek on saturday and sunday and anyone who wants to shoot mine is welcome, and I will gladly take personal info for anyone that wishes to pre order.

• 2 weeks later...

Dropped Ralph's kit in a 2nd gen G17.

Initially, 2lb 2 oz. After 200 rounds and a bunch of dry fire, cleaning and lube with med Slide Glide...

1lb 14oz!!!!

The take up is less than a pound. The let off/striker release is very crisp..not the ambiguous feel that some Glocks with a 3.5 lb connector have. 1911 it's not but....

$65 with the connector and 10 minutes!!!! The best deal out there. :D

Well I am usually pretty silent on forums in general but I finally broke down and sent for Ralph's kit. After 3 weeks it came and I put it on my Brand new 34.(second one I own now). Pretty good trigger but I think my CGR trigger might be a little better. I am going to send it off to Randy Lee to have him fine tune it with a Ghost trigger bar.

I also put on a Heine rear and Dawson front sight. Added a 13lb recoil spring.

Put on some Agrip and I am ready to go.

Midas

:)

• 2 weeks later...

Midas,

Which CGR trigger setup do you have?

FWIW, I shoot a G34 in Production with a Vanek trigger and a G17 with the RS trigger kit.

The two are different: The Vanek is uber smooth (like a good revo trigger) and light. At first, I thought a little ambiguous (very smooth all the way through). The take up and over travel screws could make it shorter but I left them alone.

The RS trigger is not quite as light (although the G17 is under 2lb now), it has very light takeup and more of a two stage feel.

Ralph will be the first to admit that his is not a Vanek but for $50 I can't complain.

I actually own two Top Fuel CGR triggers and while I was impressed with them at the time of purchase (2001/2002 timeframe) they have since been relegated to a storage bin.

Edited by ryucasta

I actually own two F1 CGR triggers and while I was impressed with them at the time of purchase (2001/2002 timeframe) they have since been relegated to a storage bin.

Raul,

How does the CGR triggers compare with Ralph's? Difference in feel, break, etc?

SRT,

You're exactly right, it isnt a Vanek, but for $50, cant beat it! I had the same setup as you (G34 w/ Vanek and G17 w/ RS trigger). I shot that way for about 2 months. I just recently changed the two setups to see what the results are and how it works for me. I switched the Vanek to the G17 and the RS to the G34. I like the feel of the 17 and the balance is perfect for me. I like the gunhandling feel of the 17 when doing draws, presentations, mag changes, transitions. The G34 now feels nose heavy and not as comfortable/fast as the 17 for gunhandling skills. I thought there would be a difference in accuracy and Im sure at 30+ yard distances, there might be, but I picked up my 17 the other day and was hitting plates at 30-35 yards w/ every shot.

Now, since putting my RS trigger in the 34, the trigger actually feels better in the 34 than the 17 and Im sure that's because of the difference in parts Glock has. The 34 actually is a little lighter and breaks a little lighter and softer (at the break) than it did in the 17.

Kevin,

What I meant to say was Top Fuel not F1 (Corrected the original Post). Unfortunately I cant compare Ralph's to any of the trigger jobs that I have had done since I've never tried Ralph's trigger.

Precision 40,

You don't have any of those spooky titanium or other stuff in there do you?

Nope, all stock except for the trigger kit. The only other possible thing I can see it being is the striker channel liner. When I had the slide chromed, it might have been left in, if that's the case, there might be some build-up on it (just a wild guess at this point)

He told me he was sending a new kit though.

Hmm,

Try this. Clear the pistol. With an empty pistol, no mag etc, pull the trigger but don't reset it. With the trigger still to the rear, shake the pistol front to back.

If you hear a clanking sound, that's the striker moving in the channel. If not, there might be some garbage in there or something wrong with the channel liner.