Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What RTS2 Mount Locates Sight to Rear of Slide

RaylanGivens

8 minutes ago, Beef15 said:

There was a post somewhere about the world shoot that showed Tilley's gun. Believe his mount was a one off, and I believe it mentioned much tuning to make run/eject well.

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

took me about 15 min to get it running 100%.  Just had to move the pattern lower, by drafting the ejector and touching up the extractor a touch.

4 hours ago, abb1 said:

You can get them at CZ Custom. 

https://czcustom.com/multi-sight-base-75-st-black.html

this has s for the CZ75, but they are available for all CZ models and are good for the RTS2 and DDP. 

Not the same. This is a frame mount that is set back, not a slide mounted dot. 

Everglades had them on the website for a short while, they may have taken them off when they ran out of stock from the first run. If you would like I can look into it for you.

As far as it being a good idea for a 9mm open gun, I kinda disagree. Think about where the ejection port is when it is fully open, in relation to where that optic is sitting. It moves the scope to directly above the ejection port, which is one of the primary things going to a mini dot is supposed to eliminate in the first place. Not to mention, it means you have to run a right side racker, which is dumb. 

I think it is more about getting the balance of the gun the way you like it. 

2 minutes ago, Gooldylocks said:

As far as it being a good idea for a 9mm open gun, I kinda disagree. Think about where the ejection port is when it is fully open, in relation to where that optic is sitting. It moves the scope to directly above the ejection port, which is one of the primary things going to a mini dot is supposed to eliminate in the first place. Not to mention, it means you have to run a right side racker, which is dumb. 

I wanna party with this guy!!!

16 hours ago, Jht05016 said:

I have a buddy who is starting to make them that i can hook you up with.  I tested one out and liked it quite a bit.  I wont be trading out my SV mount, but it was pretty trick.

Contact me for info.

The mount does what you would expect it to do.  Yes, you need to make sure your gun runs properly and consistently.  I've run prototypes exclusively since July on my guns and we've had success on other guns with caliber being irrelevant.  If you find the benefits of the mount as some do, just like everything, you will find a way to make it work.  It isn't for everyone but definitely for some.

IMG_1612.thumb.JPG.15c328d3b30a31f69d803e9e33f10a2e.JPGIMG_0913.JPG.6ce13aca3ec27c51eb23896d12d2e9a1.JPGIMG_0892.JPG.e7a7a0ebe07124bb598b89bdd3716122.JPG

IMG_1476.JPG

Edited by theWacoKid

1 hour ago, theWacoKid said:

Contact me for info.

The mount does what you would expect it to do.  Yes, you need to make sure your gun runs properly and consistently.  I've run prototypes exclusively since July on my guns and we've had success on other guns with caliber being irrelevant.  If you find the benefits of the mount as some do, just like everything, you will find a way to make it work.  It isn't for everyone but definitely for some.

IMG_1612.thumb.JPG.15c328d3b30a31f69d803e9e33f10a2e.JPGIMG_0913.JPG.6ce13aca3ec27c51eb23896d12d2e9a1.JPGIMG_0892.JPG.e7a7a0ebe07124bb598b89bdd3716122.JPG

IMG_1476.JPG

So what is main benefit, is it just less dot movement. Also is it offset like a Cheely mount, if so you should have no issues with cases hitting it. I would think it may flex a bit more though. Nice guns buy the way. 

Edited by Steelix

I tried another similar version and it was all about tuning the ejection if running 9. One gun ran and the other jammed 1:1000. Too much for me. Went to an Everglades(regular mount) and problem solved. Some might like it, same as for all other items stated above, I didn't. 

Edited by echotango

Just now, Steelix said:

So what is main benefit, is it just less dot movement. Also is it offset like a Cheely mount, if so you should have no issues with cases hitting it. I would think it may flex a bit more though. Nice guns buy the way. 

Increased field of view through the glass, location of the dot relative to your grip, and yes the dot movement.  I won't say the movement is "better" but it is absolutely different.  The dot doesn't return to poa any faster, that's gun physics, but I feel like I "see" it more.  I've found that some people really do not like the way it tracks and others really do like the way it tracks.   There's no question the actual sight itself moves less which you can equate to less dot movement and less stress on the optic.

Yes, it is offset.  Yes, it is a less stiff system.  Main design parameters were focused around maximizing the clearance angle for ejection and maintaining as much stiffness as possible while getting all the benefits of the rear mounted dot.

20 hours ago, Gooldylocks said:

I think it is more about getting the balance of the gun the way you like it. 

Interesting comments...  When someone above mentioned that the Everglades guys made these sights, I figured you would either have one (which it appears you do not) or have an opinion on them...  Have you tried one?

It does seem odd that this sight position reintroduces possible sight-brass interference with small mini dots...  I figured that there must be some kind of a trade off that I couldn't figure out...  Some kind of benefit to the rearward location...  Would be nice to compare one side-by-side with a standard sight.

1 minute ago, RaylanGivens said:

Interesting comments...  When someone above mentioned that the Everglades guys made these sights, I figured you would either have one (which it appears you do not) or have an opinion on them...  Have you tried one?

It does seem odd that this sight position reintroduces possible sight-brass interference with small mini dots...  I figured that there must be some kind of a trade off that I couldn't figure out...  Some kind of benefit to the rearward location...  Would be nice to compare one side-by-side with a standard sight.

I have not used the Everglades one, no. I played with one on a friend's Atlas this spring, and didn't care for it. The window appears slightly bigger, but I didn't notice a difference in dot tracking or anything vs a normal mount. For me window size doesn't make much of a difference, the way I see it the dot is either there or it's not. If you are having to "look" for the dot, then you need to practice more.

If you are interested I can give EGA a call and see what the deal is with the mounts. 

I spoke to Chris Tiley about this mount a year or so ago.   What I remember him telling me was that smaller dot size looked larger and that the feel or balance of the gun was more in the center of his grip.   

Also email Altas, awhile ago about thier mount and their reply was.... :there was no significant advantage, between the rear mount and the standard mount, in their opinion.

FWIW

Edited by kimberacp