Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Holusun users question

The green Holosun 510 is awesome! I think it beats the pants off my eotechs - unless the gun needs dragged behind a truck

But for speed at uspsa distances and all around sight pic it is hard to beat the old C-more with 8 moa dot

I use a C-More/6 MOA and Primary Arms (made by Holosun) 2 MOA micro red dot.  Both work well.  I do prefer the reflex over the standard red dot, but I don't think my shooting is effected by it.  It's just a comfort thing.

I don't have trouble picking up the 2 MOA on targets or seeing it in bright light.  

I'm using a 510. I like it a lot. From all the red dots I have tried (a lot of them), this one has the least effect on dot blurriness/fuzzyness due to my astigmatism. Also, I had to remove the barrel off my FX-9 because a stuck piece of brass. Took the upper all apart and put it back together. Took it to the range to just test trigger reset issues and it was dead on at 100 yards with zero adjustments. 

I've been using a red dot (2 moa) with circle and really like it. Especially with a row of plates where I just bracket the plate within the circle and pull the trigger.
Going to try the green dot (2 moa) tomorrow and will let you know how it turns out.

Any reviews for the Green Dot version. I just found out about it through a 2018 shot show video and saw compared to the red one, that it's a lot brighter and helps with people with red/green color blindness. I run green fiber on my production guns and was wondering if a green dot is similar that it pops out more....of course it's all personal preference.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, zeroryde said:

Any reviews for the Green Dot version. I just found out about it through a 2018 shot show video and saw compared to the red one, that it's a lot brighter and helps with people with red/green color blindness. I run green fiber on my production guns and was wondering if a green dot is similar that it pops out more....of course it's all personal preference.

I'm curious too. I shoot mostly on my property and tried painting steel different colors so I could see it well enough with summer foilage as the background. The steel painted fluorescent green gets a bit lost when there is summer foilage, especially in the shade. I'm concerned a green dot would too. OTOH, my brother's green dot against snow was fine.

3 hours ago, zeroryde said:

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Yes, and not necessarily a good one.

I put the new 403 B Elite on the gun and took it to the range. Right off I liked the green dot. The contrast between the dot and target was very nice. 

I ran a couple of mags of ammo through the gun when all of a sudden, during a string of shots, the dot winked out. It just disappeared. 

I pressed the brightness button and was able to barely see a dot. I continued pressing and the dot eventually came back to full strength. I don't know what happened and it hasn't happened since, but I think I'll call the Holosun reps and tell them about it.

For the time being I'm back to the red circle and dot.

Update to my purchase (red dot 510c)

So far the product lives up to the hype! Great field of view, easy controls and having the option for reticle will be nice. 

I ended up with the red dot (thought about green version) after deciding to try a green laser.  In my view, a green laser is the only way to go (when talking lasers).

Having a red dot optic and green laser seem to be a nice combination and I can easily distinguish between the two and there shouldn’t be any confusion. 

If I was only running a red dot I might have considered the new green version. 

Don't know if it's the best place to order a 510C from but I've ordered both of mine from Optics Planet....wait for a 10% sale...and buy them for $269.99  Best I've found so far.  Ordered one yesterday and received a $50 gift certificate to spend on my next purchase from Optic's Planet.