Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Jericho 941f

drivenagain

My buddy just picked this new up ridiculously cheap.  He's ex IDF and carried the polymer version as a security guard recently.  Now back in the states, we saw this at a gun show cheap and had to snag it.  I was amazed at the weight and accuracy of this pistol, comes back on sight fast, great shooter.  Being a USPSA limited shooter, I have decided to play with it a bit and see what we can do to make it a bit better for competition.  I did some searches and found that this is similar to a Stock II?  We will use this thread for info and modifications.  I appreciate the help of the forum as we go.  We will shoot another 200 rounds today then do its first tear down and inspection.

Jason

941f.jpg

1 minute ago, Hi-Power Jack said:

Looks like a nice gun - how's the trigger?

Thanks Jack.

Really nice, DA is of course long but SA is really nice, smooth with a nice tactile reset, could be lightened up a smidge and smoothed out some but its great as it sits.  Could use a dif profile trigger, looking into that now.

41 minutes ago, SoCalShooter69 said:

It's not similar to a Tanfo. It is similar to a CZ. 

The hammer strut and internals are CZ based. Tanfo parts won't work (for the most part) in that. You'll need to source parts from CGW or CZ Customs.

That's actually not true Tony, while they do utilize a long hammer spring like a CZ, I guarantee CZ fire control parts will not work in a Jericho, the pin holes are too small.

Because of subtle variations over the years you may see some fitment issues using new Tanfoglio tuning parts in your Jericho, but in my experience they are mostly compatible, which is consistent with my impression that they are actually manufactured by Tanfoglio for assembly in Israel (I saw a Tanfoglio factory tour video once which showed them turning out Jerichos).

25 minutes ago, kneelingatlas said:

my impression that they are actually manufactured by Tanfoglio for assembly in Israel (I saw a Tanfoglio factory tour video once which showed them turning out Jerichos).

this has been my research as well, seems to be very similar to a small frame witness.

EDIT: Im a jeweler, and im dying to break this apart and polish under my microscope!!

Edited by drivenagain

2 hours ago, kneelingatlas said:

That's actually not true Tony, while they do utilize a long hammer spring like a CZ, I guarantee CZ fire control parts will not work in a Jericho, the pin holes are too small.

Because of subtle variations over the years you may see some fitment issues using new Tanfoglio tuning parts in your Jericho, but in my experience they are mostly compatible, which is consistent with my impression that they are actually manufactured by Tanfoglio for assembly in Israel (I saw a Tanfoglio factory tour video once which showed them turning out Jerichos).

+1  .

all parts from  early   tanfoglio  versions and not fit cz.

the best handgun that i ever had.

Edited by yigal

14 minutes ago, drivenagain said:

we havent had a chance to break the gun down, hopefully this week, thanks so much for the info guys.  Will the Tanfo flat trigger drop in?

jason

i used all tanfo. parts especially  old flat trigger design .my favorite . like this. the gun have tight fit -0 -backlash. and it stays for all 70k that i shot.(it was custom build by tan.)

check few days ago old jericho  sear cage with all parts and its fit perfectly in to new polymer carry  tan.  frame.:rolleyes:

תוצאת תמונה עבור ‪tanfoglio flat trigger‬‏

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A few months ago I gambled and picked up a 941 for $ 225 , with three magazines and a holster . Early model with no rail , slide safety , I call it a well used beater grade . After disassembly and detail , found some rust and pitting and was thinking it would be a truck or camper glove box gun . 

To my surprise , this thing shoots fricking amazing . Everything from how it points , to how well and fast follow up shots are . Seems as mine has a 'poly' barrel . I pulled it back down for a full polish and swapped in a lighter plunger spring and hammer from a Stock II . Everything is the same in the trigger group barring the longer cz main spring strut / and safety system . Wound up with a 3 lb 4 oz single action break . Would love to find one of these in 45 with frame safety and no rail . Good luck , these are fine pistols !

Edited by 67rschev

• 3 weeks later...

One more anecdotal prop for the 941 classed Tanfoglio 

Last night a buddy drug me to a local pin match . Brought the SA Stock 2 , and knowing how finicky it can be with ammunition before I jumped out of the car I threw in the clapper Baby Eagle in the bag .  Sure as shit , first round  first bracket  two shots and full on locked up third round . Seems as the range mandated frangibles wouldn't chamber in the S2  ( imagine that ) . Grabbed the rattle trap and wound up running the IMI /Tanfo bastard child to a solid third place outing .

I'll say it again , fine shooting and pointing pistols . And guess I should get around to sending that S2 barrel to PD for a little throat work ...   

Edited by 67rschev

• 2 years later...

Just ordered the single action 941F and want to drop in a flat trigger to make it essentially like a Tac Sport.  Grips also for the Tanfo or will the 75 grips fit?  Also want to put a fiber front sight on it, so what's the correct one for it?

Edited by yellowfin

On 10/5/2017 at 10:18 AM, SoCalShooter69 said:

It's not similar to a Tanfo. It is similar to a CZ. 

The hammer strut and internals are CZ based. Tanfo parts won't work (for the most part) in that. You'll need to source parts from CGW or CZ Customs.

I actually owned one of these a few years ago and did try to "improve" it for USPSA competition. So I will politely state it is closer to Tanfoglio than CZ with one exception, the hammer spring.

I used a Henning Group small frame firing pin, the reduced weight trigger bar plunger spring and a CZ reduced power hammer spring (I don't remember the weight, but i believe it was around 12 lbs). The trigger group and sear cage are very similar to the Tanfoglio as is the safety, which is pretty simple. It uses a firing pin block in the slide like the Tanfoglios and some CZs. The polish job is exactly the same as posted here for Tanfoglios and will accomplish the same results.

I could not find a fiber optic site out side of a custom one, but I believe there is an adjustable rear site which will fit in the dovetails

Magazines are the same as the Tanfoglio small frame and CZ 75. Grips are almost impossible to find, but I would just put board tape on the factory ones and parts in general can only be purchased through the IWI US Distributor. Finding holsters for USPSA competition was really hard.

It's a nice gun, fun to shoot but just a hassle to upgrade because of the lack of support.

In the end sold it and went all in for Tanfoglio (I own six of them these days). But that was a few years ago, today I would jump into USPSA production with a CZ Shadow 2 or Limited with a CZ TS Orange or variant. These are just fantastic out of the box pistols.

However for just a few $ the 941F is a great pistol.

BTW this is very old thread...

Edited by HesedTech

Aha!  Someone pointed out to me that the Baby Eagle is the same thing as the Jericho and Dawson does make a front sight for it.  Adding that and an ambi safety from EAA should be reasonable, and that's really all I want.

As for competitive use, I'm thinking of this for 3 gun mostly, alternating with my TS .40 (which I LOVE) and using brass that's more abundant at my club lately.  Also a good guest gun for USPSA if they don't want and/or someone else already has my G34.  Of course it's also going to see frequent use as something for range guests/new shooters.

• 5 months later...

This is a great thread, there seems to be a lot of conflicting info out there on the Jerichos and what it is more compatible with.

It seems to have some "best of both worlds" attributes between CZ and Tanfolgios.  I know there is a lot of "my clone is better" and "real CZs are better" out there, but I'm the rare guy that loves both CZ and Tanfoglios and the Jericho seems to be a nice blend of the two.

I suspect that the guns in the now removed videos were not actually Jerichos though, but the Turkish guns that look like them and those are made by Tanfoglio still.

I've seen tours of the IMI/IWI facility in Israel where they were definitely making them at the time.  Considering the fact that some later models after they took over making them in house would show up with more Tanfoglio like features I assume they still have some sort of working relationship though.  It appears the polymer Jerichos use the Tanfoglio hammer spring and strut arrangement and I'd bet they licensed something from Tanfoglio on those.

Edited by FALAR