Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Pimp My Ride

eric nielsen

Nothing that a couple minutes of bead-blasting wouldn't fix.

I'd shoot one that big in Limited - if it was legal.

But in Open, I like it better with the weight back at the magazine. The other night I went back & forth between using a 7oz "Glock weight" on my Open G17, and not using it. Using it kept the muzzle down a little more, but the return of the gun was more difficult to manage - more momentum, longer time to settle down.

Same reason I tried & abandoned using a tungsten rod on the Caspian Hicap. Put away the steel guide rod even & ended up with Delrin.

neat guns,

you would almost need to be a powerlifter to transition that as fast as a regular open gun

how soft a gun shoots is really a moot point compared to how much time you can pick up on transitions...

shoot a .02 slower split, transition .10 faster!

Julien - WOW.

Take the time to scroll thru the Fwd and Back buttons & view all the pistols - especially the Open guns.

Someone needs to separate this gunsmith from his milling machine. At least a few hours a day out in the sunshine would be good for him.

http://www.labrama.com.ar/cortas/galeria/stds/galeria.htm

Is that an O-ring on the front of the barrel?

This smith has too much time on his hands...

I thought that was Tagle's work. (They pronounce it like Tag-li-uh) I shot the Bolivian Open with him and Marcus Kresczevski. (I am certain I butchered the spelling there, sorry Marcus).

Roberto Tagle does some very pretty work. He has etching or EDM'ing down to an art and will cover anything not fastened down with titanium nitride if not carefully watched. Nice guy too. Spanked me in the shoot off :huh:

• 1 month later...

O.K. Iv'e tried but I can't get the pistol with the flame job (see above) out of my head. I want an SV done justa lika dat. God help me. The gold is a little much, but it's growing on me.

How much trouble is it to have a pistol imported from a foriegn gunsmith? What smith in the states would be willing/capable of doing a flame job like that?

BLING! I just got a go ahead from the missus. Wa Hoo!! (She just saw the picture.) Damn, now I'm really worked up. Anybody on the board from Argentina and know this guy?

Please, somebody talk me out of it.... :blink: