Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dawson adjustable vs fixed Rear sight for g24

myproverb

An adjustable rear is always the better option as it allows you to dial in your accuracy and not have to worry if you have the correct front sight height.  

Also it will allow you to set the sights for how you want to shoot POA-POI or a 6'0 clock hold etc.  

I use Dawson fixed sights on all of mine including my 24.  I prefer fixed sights since they're more durable, no sharp edges to cut your hand on when racking the slide, and don't need to worry about it ever moving on you like with an adjustable sight.  Dawson's Perfect Impact Policy is great.  I've used it to dial in zero exactly as I want it for my ammo and once you do that you're never going to want to adjust the sights again anyway so I have no need for adjustable sights.  Plus their Competition fixed rear sight is available in 2 different heights and 5 different notch widths to choose from.  But I'm sure the Dawson adjustable sight is nice too; I've never tried it.

For me it would depend on how i use the gun. Carry gun or for close quarters i would be fine with fixed sights. Competition or longer range plinking i would go with the Adjustable option. If you reload i would definitely get adjustable, you can dial that .40 down to equal 9mm recoil  or full blown .40 and be able to dial the sights for your different loads. I have two sets of Dawson adjustable rears/fiber optic front and they are built like a tank. If you dropped them concrete i bet the only thing that might break would be the front fiber optic filament.

We have Dawson adjustable sights on 4 guns used in 3 gun and IPSA competitions.  I have never broken anything on them and the pistol are not gently grounded in 3 gun.  I have changed from lighter to heavier bullets and from slower to faster powders and required multiple sight adjustments.