Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Henning Grips

GB3

42 minutes ago, abb1 said:

For me, grips are not about looks and beauty, they are about fit and aggressiveness. I have never tried the Henning grips, but they look like the checkered aluminum panels for the CZ and I am not impressed with the agressiveness of the checkering, you want it to bite into your hand and they do not, however, I cannot account for the henning grips, but they seem the same. I went for the Scales 2.0 and although they are fugly, with their spikes and pockets they are locked in your grip, even with sweaty palms. I am hoping that I can see the Henning grips at a match so that I can get the feel of them as they do make excellent products. Their mounts are exceptional in design and fit!

IMO, having tried both, the full checker Henning are very aggressive, and felt more so than any of the CZC metal grips I have tried. The LOK bogies feel very aggressive, too, in all conditions.

You should definitely try the hennings, you might like them.

I liked the grippyness of the scales but could never get used to the way they cut so far in at the tops, where I fell like most of my grip pressure is. But that's entirely personal and know many that use them.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, NWfront said:

I'm also curious how the nickel grips look on the gun. 

I'm interested in the red as well and how it looks in person.  They appear bright in some pics while more of a blood red in others.

He just made some with a brighter more glossy finish. I’ve seen the older version of the nickel and they look ok but haven’t seen the new version yet. 

20 hours ago, Superpipe9 said:

Does anyone have a picture of the henning nickel colored grips on the gun? Post it if you can. Thanks

Can't speak to the new version but the ones I have seen have a bright/glossy brass or light gold sheen. Pretty damn cool but not my style.

Just order a pair of these for my Shadow 2 because of the reviews I've seen on this forum... I'll leave an update after trying them out!  

The grips are different between the SP01 and Tac Sport. Henning does have grips for the Tac Sport with the factory magwell and the CZ Custom magwell. The grips are different lengths depending on which magwell you have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For me, grips are not about looks and beauty, they are about fit and aggressiveness. I have never tried the Henning grips, but they look like the checkered aluminum panels for the CZ and I am not impressed with the agressiveness of the checkering, you want it to bite into your hand and they do not, however, I cannot account for the henning grips, but they seem the same. I went for the Scales 2.0 and although they are fugly, with their spikes and pockets they are locked in your grip, even with sweaty palms. I am hoping that I can see the Henning grips at a match so that I can get the feel of them as they do make excellent products. Their mounts are exceptional in design and fit!

I’ve had the “lemon graters” from CZ - which I think they list as aggressive texture. If I can find them I’ll post a pic side by side with the Henning grips. The texturing on the Henning grips are much smaller, and the palm swell makes them much more comfortable than the flat CZ models. If you see someone with a set try them - they just “feel” good when I grip them.

25 minutes ago, warpcorps said:

I’ve had the “lemon graters” from CZ - which I think they list as aggressive texture. If I can find them I’ll post a pic side by side with the Henning grips. The texturing on the Henning grips are much smaller, and the palm swell makes them much more comfortable than the flat CZ models. If you see someone with a set try them - they just “feel” good when I grip them.

I’m just interested in what the new nickel colored grips look like on the gun. Thanks for the info though 

Anyone here put a set on a TSO? The factory grips fit my hand perfectly, are Hennings the same profile? 

Here’s a pic of my sons TSO with the Henning grips. He also likes the original grips but thought these felt better.
3975c8fc3859ab11690c5ad48149fd21.heic

23 minutes ago, warpcorps said:

Here’s a pic of my sons TSO with the Henning grips. He also likes the original grips but thought these felt better.
3975c8fc3859ab11690c5ad48149fd21.heic

What color are these? Do you have a better picture? Thanks for posting

What color are these? Do you have a better picture? Thanks for posting

They are the Orange grips - sized for the CZ factory magwell. They came from Henning Shop Pre- sized. I did not have to cut them. Here’s one more pic I have easily accessible. 3f3c4f8c93e89e08cb14fc88919bfbb1.heic

Thanks for the picture. I sent Henning a email about a month and a half ago asking about grips for a TS but didn't get a response. They're on their site now so I ordered a set. The Henning grips are the only grips I've felt so far that I actually like better than the factory TSO grips.

On 6/24/2018 at 7:24 AM, 858 said:

Thanks for the picture. I sent Henning a email about a month and a half ago asking about grips for a TS but didn't get a response. They're on their site now so I ordered a set. The Henning grips are the only grips I've felt so far that I actually like better than the factory TSO grips.

I'm surprised you didn't get a response - He's normally right on that stuff. I've been working with him on the Tactical Sport Grips - since there are multiple magwell designs (Factory, CZ Custom) there are different grip lengths and we wanted to get them just right. It has taken a couple of months between syncing up the schedules and doing the design. He is thinking about producing his own Magwell and Basepads as well in the future - but there's a bunch of stuff on the list ahead of those at this point. Stay Tuned! 

I sent Henning an email a while back about producing some oversized or XL pattern CZ grips.

That contour and texture is PERFECT but just a little small for large hands.

I sincerely hope he will do that.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

On 6/25/2018 at 7:36 PM, wtturn said:

I sent Henning an email a while back about producing some oversized or XL pattern CZ grips.

That contour and texture is PERFECT but just a little small for large hands.

I sincerely hope he will do that.

I agree with this. I do think that the shooting sports innovations scale 2.0 are the best shape and contour grips out there. Just wish the had the henning grippiness to them instead of those holes

I agree with this. I do think that the shooting sports innovations scale 2.0 are the best shape and contour grips out there. Just wish the had the henning grippiness to them instead of those holes
Yes, the SSI scales have a great shape and thickness to them.

My complaint with the scales is they rake forward so aggressively at the "notch" in the frame at the top/rear of the grips that there is not enough gripping surface right where it's needed for the support hand. I'm talking about an "elongation" of the grips in addition to mere fattening of the grips.

If Henning could make a set with the thickness and shape of the scales (more of a taper from bottom to top) but with his superior texture, it would be perfection.

The SSI holes are lacking compared to more traditional texturing, and needlessly harsh on the hands.

1 hour ago, wdfwguy said:

I've only used G10 grips on my CZs.  Just wondering how hot these feel when you're shooting outside on a warm day?

I don't know where you live but cold is more of a concern than heat. Aluminum grips suck the heat outof your hands when it's cold.