Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stock 2 or Stock 3

dirty5thirty

1 hour ago, B_RAD said:

I second Red Hill Tactical!  They also have their own hanger if you don't have a Boss hanger. 

You can use discount code for 10% off. 

Jbradley 

I have both, and the BOSS hanger is definitely my preference.  The RHT one is actually a Springer Precision mount, and while the mount is stiff it doesn't extend down as far and the flex of the belt allows the muzzle to cant in toward the leg more.  The BOSS, as Memphis noted, is rock solid and keeps the muzzle away from the leg more.  In fact, at least with my setup with the RHT holster, using the RHT mount the setup was not "actually" USPSA Production-legal since the grip was more than 2" from the inside of the belt.  Switching to the BOSS it's right at 2" and legal and draws are more consistent since it NEVER moves.

2 minutes ago, Tanfastic said:

I have both, and the BOSS hanger is definitely my preference.  The RHT one is actually a Springer Precision mount, and while the mount is stiff it doesn't extend down as far and the flex of the belt allows the muzzle to cant in toward the leg more.  The BOSS, as Memphis noted, is rock solid and keeps the muzzle away from the leg more.  In fact, at least with my setup with the RHT holster, using the RHT mount the setup was not "actually" USPSA Production-legal since the grip was more than 2" from the inside of the belt.  Switching to the BOSS it's right at 2" and legal and draws are more consistent since it NEVER moves.

What kind of belt are you using?

14 hours ago, MemphisMechanic said:

That said, I'm going back to a polymer gun and I'm going to sell my cerakoted Stock 3 with all the PD goodies and 7 mags soon.

What a bombshell!  I think its a bit too early (or too late) for April fools! : )

All the same, thank you for taking the time to share your knowledge and Tanfo experience with the world.  It helped me a lot, and I do very much appreciate your service.

15 minutes ago, Sniperboy said:

What a bombshell!  I think its a bit too early (or too late) for April fools! : )

All the same, thank you for taking the time to share your knowledge and Tanfo experience with the world.  It helped me a lot, and I do very much appreciate your service.

I still love the platform more that almost any other gun I've shot. Mowing down a 15yd plate rack with a Tanfo? Sinfully easy with such a stable weapon.

But at the same time shooting a heavy metal gun has proven to me that any reliable accurate fullsize 9mm is going to net almost the exact same score - that the gear change really didn't matter.

So I just want to play with something else I like shooting, for a year. I'm sure I'll own another one someday.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

30 minutes ago, MemphisMechanic said:

I still love the platform more that almost any other gun I've shot. Mowing down a 15yd plate rack with a Tanfo? Sinfully easy with such a stable weapon.

But at the same time shooting a heavy metal gun has proven to me that any reliable accurate fullsize 9mm is going to net almost the exact same score - that the gear change really didn't matter.

So I just want to play with something else I like shooting, for a year. I'm sure I'll own another one someday.

Its also nice to not have to spend a work weeks worth of time to get a gun ready to shoot.  That and the cost difference really make the plastic guns a nice option. 

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Gviz said:

i went with the stock 2 because of the chrome finish (easy to clean) and heavy barrel (im hoping better accuracy and long lasting) but i might be wrong :huh:

Both the S2 and S3 are disgustingly accurate, although the 2 is theoretically capable of shooting tighter groups.

Its just a question of how you like your guns to balance, really.

11 hours ago, Ck867 said:

Just buy both. Problem solved.

i was thinking of getting a back up (stock 2) but seeing they both take the same parts why not get a stock 3 so i can have both and scratch all the what if's off the equation lol 

Edited by Gviz

1 hour ago, Gviz said:

i was thinking of getting a back up (stock 2) but seeing they both take the same parts why not get a stock 3 so i can have both and scratch all the what if's off the equation lol 

I like how you think.  Good rationale there.  One can read the forums and watch all the youtube reviews but nothing beats experiencing it first hand objectively if you have the opportunity or means to do so.  Count your blessings, some people cannot buy Tanfoglios where they live even if they can afford it : )

• 2 months later...