Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

pcc options

Hello: I shot my Mech Tech today that takes Glock mags. I have a Glock 17 frame on the bottom of it with a Dawson Ice magwell. That thing reloads very quick. I shot it with some reloads I use for my other PCC's and the Acme 122 grain bullets worked very well. The 147's seemed a little sluggish in the Mech Tech. I still need to chrono these with the Mech Tech but they felt pretty good with some quick splits. I also tested out some Magpul mags with Zev base pads. They worked perfectly. I'll try it out tomorrow night at the indoor match and see how it does. Just another option if you have a Glock. Thanks, Eric

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 hours ago, Aircooled6racer said:

Hello: I shot my Mech Tech today that takes Glock mags. I have a Glock 17 frame on the bottom of it with a Dawson Ice magwell. That thing reloads very quick. I shot it with some reloads I use for my other PCC's and the Acme 122 grain bullets worked very well. The 147's seemed a little sluggish in the Mech Tech. I still need to chrono these with the Mech Tech but they felt pretty good with some quick splits. I also tested out some Magpul mags with Zev base pads. They worked perfectly. I'll try it out tomorrow night at the indoor match and see how it does. Just another option if you have a Glock. Thanks, Eric

The 147s are sluggish in my AR9 also so I stick to the 115s which give me 100% reliability.

Edited by Tampa-XD45
On 8/14/2017 at 11:27 AM, Marshal82 said:

I ordered one of these and it shipped today.  Interesting description about the barrel from their website:

Barrel: 16" chrome moly steel barrel. Chambered in 9mm, (9x19), with a 1/10 twist. The A2 profile barrel is nitride treated for durability and finished off with a Palmetto State Armory 13.5" M-Lok free-float rail and an A2 bird cage style flash hider.  Barrel is laser engraved with "9MM 1:10 PSA PCC CHAMBER" because it has be optimized for use in Pistol Caliber Carbine competitions.

I guess I will find out what that means once I get it...

3 hours ago, TGibe said:

I ordered one of these and it shipped today.  Interesting description about the barrel from their website:

Barrel: 16" chrome moly steel barrel. Chambered in 9mm, (9x19), with a 1/10 twist. The A2 profile barrel is nitride treated for durability and finished off with a Palmetto State Armory 13.5" M-Lok free-float rail and an A2 bird cage style flash hider.  Barrel is laser engraved with "9MM 1:10 PSA PCC CHAMBER" because it has be optimized for use in Pistol Caliber Carbine competitions.

I guess I will find out what that means once I get it...

Curious, their descriptIon says to be used with palmetto 9mm lowers. Are they suggesting ONLY PSA lowers?

I think they're mostly just saying that to try to get people to only buy their stuff. I don't think I've ever heard of compatibility problems with their 9mm parts. 

When you get that upper in let us know whether it actually takes rounds loaded longer, or whether PSA's just polished up the chamber or something. 

5 hours ago, Xanatos903 said:

I think they're mostly just saying that to try to get people to only buy their stuff. I don't think I've ever heard of compatibility problems with their 9mm parts. 

When you get that upper in let us know whether it actually takes rounds loaded longer, or whether PSA's just polished up the chamber or something. 

Will do...

On 8/18/2017 at 4:54 AM, Xanatos903 said:

Just saw this post in another thread (http://bit.ly/2g650Fc) from someone I think works at PSA regarding the V2 upper and OAL length requirements...

"The new barrel design works best at around 1.155 - 1.160 and it was lengthened to accommodate longer loads. It has been tested from 90 grain 1.050 out to 147 grain 1.165 (out of spec for Glock mags) and they fed fine.  Make sure your barrel, near the brake, has: "9MM 1:10 PSA PCC CHAMBER" etched on it. What folks did prior to 8/1/17 (which is when the V2 barrel was released) will be different."

My upper is scheduled to arrive tomorrow and I plan to test it this weekend, time permitting.

On 8/18/2017 at 4:54 AM, Xanatos903 said:

So I was able to do some plunk testing last night and only the 1.100" rounds would drop free every time. I tried 1.110" through 1.150" in 0.010" increments and they would not drop free even with moderate shaking... My barrel does have 9MM 1:10 PSA PCC CHAMBER" etched on it.

Loading short isn't a problem for me as I don't run anything else 9mm right now. Will probably purchase the TACCOM ramp when it becomes available. I will also probably get the chamber reamed at some point.

On 8/17/2017 at 7:24 PM, nickbfishn said:

Curious, their descriptIon says to be used with palmetto 9mm lowers. Are they suggesting ONLY PSA lowers?

My Spartan lower fits and is feeding dummy rounds fine. Plan to sight in and over the weekend so I'll find out how it performs IRL.

There should be no need to ream the chamber if it has the etching. Having it touch the rifling on a heavier bullet at longer lengths isn't an issue unless it has an issue feeding or ejecting on a loaded round. If you still have issues with feeding and ejecting please let me know. We have not had any complaints that I am aware of on this version as of yet that was not resolved. A good portion of the issues were improper weighted buffer systems.

10 minutes ago, wyliearms said:

There should be no need to ream the chamber if it has the etching. Having it touch the rifling on a heavier bullet at longer lengths isn't an issue unless it has an issue feeding or ejecting on a loaded round. If you still have issues with feeding and ejecting please let me know. We have not had any complaints that I am aware of on this version as of yet that was not resolved. A good portion of the issues were improper weighted buffer systems.

Thanks Chad for the update and info. Looking forward to fully testing it this weekend and will report back. 

Cheers,

Allen

4 hours ago, TGibe said:

So I was able to do some plunk testing last night and only the 1.100" rounds would drop free every time. I tried 1.110" through 1.150" in 0.010" increments and they would not drop free even with moderate shaking... My barrel does have 9MM 1:10 PSA PCC CHAMBER" etched on it.

What bullet are you loading?  I have the Version 1 PSA barrels and can load the 115gr Blue Bullet coated RN at 1,100" but most other bullets are a bit shorter.  From the advertising I would hope you could load 147 gr coated bullets out past 1.140".

46 minutes ago, Flatland Shooter said:

What bullet are you loading?  I have the Version 1 PSA barrels and can load the 115gr Blue Bullet coated RN at 1,100" but most other bullets are a bit shorter.  From the advertising I would hope you could load 147 gr coated bullets out past 1.140".

Montana Gold 124g CMJ

I will be testing this weekend and will post back once done.

Just putting this out there for those who are building.   Quarter circle ten upper lower fitment is not that good.  Havent started building it yet and cant sell it for what the thing cost ($430 plus ffl fee).  I was pretty disappointed with the fit of the "matched set"  for that kind of money.

1 hour ago, iukamedic said:

Just putting this out there for those who are building.   Quarter circle ten upper lower fitment is not that good.  Havent started building it yet and cant sell it for what the thing cost ($430 plus ffl fee).  I was pretty disappointed with the fit of the "matched set"  for that kind of money.

You do know there is a tension screw in the QC10 lower to tighten the upper to lower fit, right?

Also, as in any upper/lower set, fit can also be influenced by the front pivot pin. 

Mick

I do understand these things but I have built a few upper lower combos and this is the worst fit out of the box.  You have to be careful with that tension screw it can lead to problems with the gun operation.   Have seen it happen.  im gonna put it together but its a shame the money that will end up being invested in this gun and it will most likely be a rattle bag without adding gizmos or oversized pins.  Thats all I was trying to point out.  

4 hours ago, iukamedic said:

I do understand these things but I have built a few upper lower combos and this is the worst fit out of the box.  You have to be careful with that tension screw it can lead to problems with the gun operation.   Have seen it happen.  im gonna put it together but its a shame the money that will end up being invested in this gun and it will most likely be a rattle bag without adding gizmos or oversized pins.  Thats all I was trying to point out.  

Contact QC10 and see if they will help by swapping the set. The QC10 lowers I have are all tight with their uppers. 

Mick

Edited by MickB

I tested my setup this weekend and it ran great.

Notes on OAL:

• I was able to run OALs out to 1.150" with reliable feeding and extraction.
  • On loads up to 1.140" I was able to manually eject easily even though anything longer than 1.100" wouldn't pass a plunk test.
  • On loads that were 1.150" I was not able to manually eject a round at all. I had to fire the round to clear the chamber.
  • I will probably go with an OAL of 1.135" to start and see how it runs in a match.

General notes:

• Handguard fits my hand really well.
  • Balance is good.
  • Stock has a rubber material on it that stuck to my shirt a couple of times when practicing start position with buttstock on belt. May need to swap that out.
  • I may want to get a different charging handle as this one feels really small and hard to grab easily.
  • I'm also getting a lot of recoil bounce so I need to work on smoothing things out somehow. I really need to Chrono and see where I am on PF, I could be running hot.
  • Teardown and cleaning was super easy.
  • My TF +10's on my glock 31 round mags worked great when loaded to 40 rounds.

PCC.jpg

6 hours ago, TGibe said:

I tested my setup this weekend and it ran great.

Notes on OAL:

• I was able to run OALs out to 1.150" with reliable feeding and extraction.
  • On loads up to 1.140" I was able to manually eject easily even though anything longer than 1.100" wouldn't pass a plunk test.
  • On loads that were 1.150" I was not able to manually eject a round at all. I had to fire the round to clear the chamber.
  • I will probably go with an OAL of 1.135" to start and see how it runs in a match.

General notes:

• Handguard fits my hand really well.
  • Balance is good.
  • Stock has a rubber material on it that stuck to my shirt a couple of times when practicing start position with buttstock on belt. May need to swap that out.
  • I may want to get a different charging handle as this one feels really small and hard to grab easily.
  • I'm also getting a lot of recoil bounce so I need to work on smoothing things out somehow. I really need to Chrono and see where I am on PF, I could be running hot.
  • Teardown and cleaning was super easy.
  • My TF +10's on my glock 31 round mags worked great when loaded to 40 rounds.

PCC.jpg

Your OAL indicates PSA for the Version 2 barrels did open up the lead significantly. That's much longer that I can ever load with the stock Version 1 barrels.

Now to get some 100 yard groups (please!).

15 hours ago, Flatland Shooter said:

Now to get some 100 yard groups (please!).

I'm not sure I'm the right guy for this. Limited time and distance to range means I don't really go the the rifle side of the range (I hate waiting around LOL) since I have access to the USPSA action bays. If the stars line up and it's slow when I'm there I will see what I can do, but maybe others have tested this barrel at 3gun distances.

I just don't want to get your hopes up for a quick 100 yard test.

26 minutes ago, wyliearms said:

Glad you liked it...

Yeah. Very pleased with the upper. Have reset my press to 1.135" and plan to try it out in match conditions next Tuesday night.

I'm not fast, but speed will come later...