Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Wilson Combat AR9G rifle

I have had the Wilson Combat AR9 G now for almost eight months and am finding that I can't buy parts to maintain this rifle,in fact many don't even have a part number listed for them.  I wanted to get new ejector springs which I was finally able to do by description but they won't send out the "pins" that hold the injector or their proprietary ejector plunger in place.  I find that I have one that is loose in the bolt but I would have to send in the rifle for them to review.  Now I own several of Wilson pistols as well and this is the first I have ever had a problem with getting parts needed to maintain my equipment and am wondering if anyone else is experiencing this, specifically with regard to the 9 mm AR 9 G rifle?

The folks you talk to are all very nice but just say "we don't send out those parts".  I have never had a company refuse to send parts out to maintain their product and so am really confused and frustrated.  For me to have to send in my rifle to check a pin in the BCG is nothing short of a hassle in my opinion.  Now I am very worried about other parts I might need going forward and thought I would reach out to others that might have some insight on this.  The only parts listed for sale on their web site are the firing pin and firing pin spring.

Thanks.

Mike

Not your gun maker but when I called S&W for internal parts on a M&p-10 rifle they refused to sell them to me and said I needed to send the rifle back. I cursed into the phone and hung up. So I'm not surprised. I've seen mixed performance out of their, Wilson, 9mm AR guns. It's just my guess, but they know this and sending the carbine back to them helps with quality control vs someone doing a poor garage gunsmith job.

Edited by rowdyb

Hello: I would get them to send a call tag for the gun and send it back. When it arrives back make sure it is correct. If it is not correct ask for another call tag and send it back again. Keep records of all this. After a while they will sell you the parts or will give you a refund. Then you can go buy a gun that they will sell you parts or you can buy parts for. I understand why some companies refuse to sell parts for there guns (legal reasons) but being a competition shooter you have to have spare parts. On a side note sometimes this opens up the aftermarket to make the parts. I think Wilson has had some problems with there AR9's doubling or going auto so that maybe the other reason. Good luck with your parts search. Thanks, Eric

Thanks guys, I would have no problem sending it to them but I have matches coming up so it makes it frustrating due to the lead times at Wilson.  But I'm sure that is the only real option I have.  

1 hour ago, MemphisMechanic said:

Send it in.

Sell it when you get it back.

Buy a JP for which you can get parts.

Realize you wasted your money on purchase #1.

Done!  Very good suggestion by the way!  

To echo a point of view above, the guys at JP have been extremely helpful when I broke things, both before and after they supported our match. They are shooters too and it really does make a difference. I've been able to get a hold of anything I've needed either for a new build or for a worn out part on a competition rig. 

33 minutes ago, Darqusoull13 said:

To echo a point of view above, the guys at JP have been extremely helpful when I broke things, both before and after they supported our match. They are shooters too and it really does make a difference. I've been able to get a hold of anything I've needed either for a new build or for a worn out part on a competition rig. 

Plus one on JP CS. I have had some questions on installing their Fire Control roller trigger and not only answered my emails, but also personally called me after hours to discuss the adjustments. I have many JP products in different rifles including a PCC and all work excellent and support is top notch.

gerritm

Plus one on JP CS. I have had some questions on installing their Fire Control roller trigger and not only answered my emails, but also personally called me after hours to discuss the adjustments. I have many JP products in different rifles including a PCC and all work excellent and support is top notch.

gerritm

+2 on JP support. I called about some O rings for my JPSCS and they just mailed the parts to me at no charge!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk