Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My first rig is finally ready! Woot Woot!

Portable chair. Large water bottle. Sunscreen. 

Good things to have, although setting up stages, scoring, shooting, and running the timer means I usually don't sit down between 8am and 3pm on a local match day. I still always bring the chair in my trunk, just in case.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

What everyone else has said. And might consider some snacks. I get hungry about halfway through a local match. And at major matches where there is food I have learned to be very careful what I eat. Eating heavy food in high heat and sun can be bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let me add this. Get a small cooler, put actual ice in it (not the gel packs) and then your water and toss a cooling towel or 2 in there.

Start to get hot, wrap one of those towels around your neck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, Startingover said:

Well.....

How did it go?

It was an absolute blast! Sure I got 132 out of 139 people but it was such a good time. Learned a ton and everyone was super helpful. 

Im going on match #5 this Tuesday and worked up to 125 out of 169 I believe last week. 

Thanks for all your help and suggestions guys!

Congratulations.  Looks like you are now set up pretty well and are enjoying it. Nothing more I can add except bring your fun attitude.  Learn from the better shooters and try to get in some dry fire practice during the week as well as live fire.  One more thing to bring, Bring A Friend.  Get them involved and you will have more fun each week.

• 5 weeks later...
On 7/6/2017 at 2:14 PM, TrackCage said:

Do the TTI +3/4 baseplates fit in the production box? Considering you can't load beyond 10 in prod anyway, seems as though you could have gotten away without those, at least for now.

Either way, enjoy your first match. I too am a lefty shooting a G34. Carry 5 mags on my belt, just in case.

Yes they do. I use the same TTI extensions in my G34 and it fit the box at Area 8 Sectional/Championship. 

On 7/6/2017 at 2:14 PM, TrackCage said:

Do the TTI +3/4 baseplates fit in the production box? Considering you can't load beyond 10 in prod anyway, seems as though you could have gotten away without those, at least for now.

Either way, enjoy your first match. I too am a lefty shooting a G34. Carry 5 mags on my belt, just in case.

Double tap.

Edited by casarez
mistake

On 7/19/2017 at 9:45 AM, MemphisMechanic said:

Portable chair. Large water bottle. Sunscreen. 

Good things to have, although setting up stages, scoring, shooting, and running the timer means I usually don't sit down between 8am and 3pm on a local match day. I still always bring the chair in my trunk, just in case.

This.

I finally got a wagon for: small cooler with ice/drinks and snacks, towel, camp chair with back, and my gear. I tried the collapsible stool but got rid of that quickly.

• 2 weeks later...
Been taking some time (and money!) to purchase and get everything needed to start my first match. I think I am 99% ready! Wanted to make sure I had everything before I went and looked like a fool. lol

Anyways, I went with a Glock 34 gen 4 with FO Dawson sights, TTI 3/4 mag bases, CR Speed Belt, Bladetech DOH holster and DDA Racer mag pouches. Will be running USPSA Production.
Extras I put in my bag are...
Squib Rod
Multi Tool (and Glock tool)
Mag Brush
Jewlers brass hammer with punches
FO sight extras
Batteries for muffs and extra foamies
Towel
Sunscreen (I'm in AZ!)
300rds of 9mm
2 extra Glock mags
Mag loader

If you can think of anything else I am missing let me know! I am super excited to get my first match under my belt. Got all signed up for the safety course first that my local range makes you take before you can do any matches.

Thanks for reading!

Weev-

IMG_80861_zpsjtqhxgss.jpg
IMG_80841_zpscogrrypb.jpg
IMG_80851_zps7p2aa4io.jpg

Very nice rig. Maybe a new guide rod with 13lbs ismi springs?

• 1 month later...