• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, tattooo said:

That is awesome news....for us, prob not EAA....lol

;)

Just now, SCTaylor said:

Awesome Joe and Joanna! Looking forward to hearing more about the gun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We've been talking about setting a few up to be turn key with all the goodies... Or the buyer can install. Either way, it's a decent add to the line. 

We're not the ones importing these..... its Italian Firearms Group "IFG" out of Amarillo, Tx. Great group of folks and they're really excited about growing the line of guns. Just to clear things up they will not be importing anything that EAA has already brought in. 

What we can expect is a company eager to work for you and support the aftermarket community for the Tanfo line. We're set up with them to be a dealer/distributor and hopefully can workout a turn key platform that the Xtreme line wishes it could grow up to be.

If you where bummed about the limpro getting cut for import for IDPA, then this is your platform folks! 

Link to IFG - http://www.italianfirearmsgroup.com/tanfoglio

Large frame

A little shorter barrel, slide, and frame

Single side safety

and fixed sights...

So an IDPA legal version of the Stock 3, all sounds good to me.

Edited by Sc0

So close yet so far away.

The good... 

IDPA legal

Small thumb safety

The bad...

Dang useless grips, add $100 to the price to get something that actually has grip on it.

Proto finger groove- why? People universally hate those. Glock just 86'd them and now you add them, jeez.

No frame checkering. People already didn't buy the original Stock (1) because it didn't have the preferable checkering of the Stock 2. 

And the rear cocking serrations, designed by a Disney Imagineer, so weird that I would have to feel it to determine if it is functional.

Undoubtedly will be priced similarly to the Lim Pro, which will be preferable in about every way.

The indifferent...

Let's make a gamer gun aimed at the IDPA, then put a rail on it, which you can't use in IDPA. Wha...

Let's make this custom rear sight with all kinds of artsy contours, instead of just going with something standard. At least it looks like an LPA will drift on.

What did they actually put on the backstrap, that looks strange and unhelpful.

I'd be a buyer if....

The grips were functional

The frame was more like a Stock 2 or 3

The cocking serrations were not so weird

So basically, all of the artsy fartsy things they did are preventing me form making this purchase

After spending some time shooting it, doing reloads etc I can say the serrations are very effective, they might not be as aesthetically pleasing as some of the other models but they work.  I'm pretty sure I'll be adding Patriot Defenses grips which are very reasonably priced if I determine that the factory grip aren't good enough but so far I'm fine with them.  I just mailed it off to let Patriot Defense work it over so I'll report back once I get it back.  This is my first Tanfoglio so I don't really have much to compare it to, but I'm very pleased so far.

4 hours ago, aceinyerface said:

The good... 

IDPA legal

Small thumb safety

The bad...

Dang useless grips, add $100 to the price to get something that actually has grip on it.

Proto finger groove- why? People universally hate those. Glock just 86'd them and now you add them, jeez.

No frame checkering. People already didn't buy the original Stock (1) because it didn't have the preferable checkering of the Stock 2. 

And the rear cocking serrations, designed by a Disney Imagineer, so weird that I would have to feel it to determine if it is functional.

Undoubtedly will be priced similarly to the Lim Pro, which will be preferable in about every way.

The indifferent...

Let's make a gamer gun aimed at the IDPA, then put a rail on it, which you can't use in IDPA. Wha...

Let's make this custom rear sight with all kinds of artsy contours, instead of just going with something standard. At least it looks like an LPA will drift on.

I'd be a buyer if....

So basically, all of the artsy fartsy things they did are preventing me form making this purchase

Sooooooo...... are we more worried about how the gun looks now or how it shoots? I think we're all willing to look past the "flashy" curves Tanfo tried to throw at it if the gun shoots as good as their other models. End of the day it gives Tanfo guys a gun to get back into IDPA with......

1 hour ago, PatriotDefense said:

Sooooooo...... are we more worried about how the gun looks now or how it shoots? I think we're all willing to look past the "flashy" curves Tanfo tried to throw at it if the gun shoots as good as their other models. End of the day it gives Tanfo guys a gun to get back into IDPA with......

/thread 

43 minutes ago, kneelingatlas said:

I believe IFG was started by Keith Bernkrant, the owner of EAA; originally IFG had the same address as EAA.  Did someone buy IFG from Keith?

From what i can remember IFG idea was first tried with Keith (Owner of EAA) back in 2010 (a company called IFG 2010) with the same 4 companies that IFG-NA deal with today.  That partnership effectively died before it got off the ground for reasons unknown from what i can tell.

In 2013 IFG-NA, LLC in Amarillo rebooted the idea and was able to land a deal with 3 out of the 4 Italians companies with Tanfo being the 4th this year. For reasons unknown, Tanfo has been able to get around the exclusivity with EAA and is starting to let IFG-NA handle some of their new models. 

IFG-2010 may have been able to get a few guns in the country from back in the day, but i can assure you IFG-NA is a completely separate entity from EAA.

Edited by PatriotDefense
Added more details....

6 hours ago, aceinyerface said:

The good... 

IDPA legal

Small thumb safety

The bad...

The indifferent...

I'd be a buyer if....

There is no longer an IDPA rule against rails.

Edited by Jeff O

2 hours ago, PatriotDefense said:

Looks are for girls and puppies.

How it functions matters, with no grip checkering on the panels or the frame, that is a no go when compared to the already IDPA legal Lim Pro.

They took away things that mattered in favor of things that don't matter.

Just now, aceinyerface said:

Looks are for girls and puppies.

How it functions matters, with no grip checkering on the panels or the frame, that is a no go when compared to the already IDPA legal Lim Pro.

They took away things that mattered in favor of things that don't matter.

Agreed, but not all Limpro's would fit in the box without modifications to the frame....... which makes things iffy

8 minutes ago, PatriotDefense said:

From my understanding they started about 3yrs ago and have no affiliation with EAA. Its a split partnership between 4 Italian companies and two americans i believe. 

The website you linked to says established in 2010, I havean  IFG Limited with a serial number under 20 from back then.

From my understanding they started about 3yrs ago and have no affiliation with EAA. Its a split partnership between 4 Italian companies and two americans i believe. 

That's not possible, the two small frame s3s I have were imported under the IFG name back in 2008-9.

6 minutes ago, kneelingatlas said:

The website you linked to says established in 2010, I havean  IFG Limited with a serial number under 20 from back then.

i can assure you its not the same ownership or company from 2010

16 minutes ago, PatriotDefense said:

From what i can remember IFG idea was first tried with Keith (Owner of EAA) back in 2010 (a company called IFG 2010) with the same 4 companies that IFG-NA deal with today.  That partnership effectively died before it got off the ground for reasons unknown from what i can tell.

In 2013 IFG-NA, LLC in Amarillo rebooted the idea and was able to land a deal with 3 out of the 4 Italians companies with Tanfo being the 4th this year. For reasons unknown, Tanfo has been able to get around the exclusivity with EAA and is starting to let IFG-NA handle some of their new models. 

IFG-2010 may have been able to get a few guns in the country from back in the day, but i can assure you IFG-NA is a completely separate entity from EAA.

4 minutes ago, haiedras said:

That's not possible, the two small frame s3s I have were imported under the IFG name back in 2008-9.

The new company is not IFG, its IFG-NA, LLC...... Seems like it got a reboot with different ownership. 

Plus it makes no since if it was affiliated with EAA to start a separate company in Texas.... instead of Florida where EAA resides. 

Edited by PatriotDefense