Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dillon Customer Service

JRBean

Dillon's customer service has to be the best that I've ever seen. The crank cracked on my 650 and galled the pin that it pivots on. I called dillon and received

my replacement parts 3 days later. No hassle or run around. You simply can't find service like this anymore. :)

• 5 months later...
I did something stupid and once again Dillon sent me free parts :) and they didn't even make me embarrass myself by explaining how I could have broken the parts I did.

HINT don't force the downstroke on a 1050, it can generate a LOT of force.

Break the mainshaft? That's my forcing it accomplishment........

Holy cow, I don't feel so silly now ;)

I forgot to adjust the little white plastic piece that pushes the cartridge over in the priming stage when I changed it from .40 to .38 super. I made a primer go bang. Time for a new primer tube and the little plastic piece on the top of the low primer sensor.

I'm glad I have a 1050. :) I would hate to see a whole primer tube go up.

Dillon's customer service has to be the best that I've ever seen. The crank cracked on my 650 and galled the pin that it pivots on. I called dillon and received

my replacement parts 3 days later. No hassle or run around. You simply can't find service like this anymore. :)

+1!! Even when its my own darn fault.

Edited by bierman

I got my 650 out of the box, set it up, and loaded 100 primers and powder. I got 25 bullets made and then BOOOOOM. ...I accidentally let go of the handle and it set off the remaining 75 primers. My ears are still ringing!

I'm glad I have a 1050. :) I would hate to see a whole primer tube go up.

I got my 650 out of the box, set it up, and loaded 100 primers and powder. I got 25 bullets made and then BOOOOOM. ...I accidentally let go of the handle and it set off the remaining 75 primers. My ears are still ringing!

I don't quite get how you did this? Was the handle at the bottom of the stroke and you let go and it flew up and lit off the primers? Even then I don't understand how it happened.

Pictures?

Ah well, just another thing to worry about I guess... :unsure:

Ira

I was pulling down on the handle (which in turn causes the press to go up) and accidentally let go of the handle. When you let go of the handle, the weight of the press and the momentum sends it past the neutral position and in the direction you press a primer. The primer that was about to be seated went off, then it chain-reacted around the circle primer wheel, and then chain-reacted up the primer tube.

Dillon replaced all the blown up parts for free.

Darren

I don't quite get how you did this? Was the handle at the bottom of the stroke and you let go and it flew up and lit off the primers? Even then I don't understand how it happened.

Pictures?

Ah well, just another thing to worry about I guess... :unsure:

Ira

I understand Dillon won't give the no "BS Policy" for 1050's, but they took care of me. I sent them my 1050 and said "fix it...replace whatever needs replacing". Got it back a few weeks later with no charge. $146.00 worth of "fix it". (Hope I didn't get anyone at Dillon in trouble!)

+1!! Even when its my own darn fault.

Yup. I was doing some serious reloading one afternoon. The 1050 was running great (OAL's were within .001 and the primers were seating exactly at .003 every time and powder drop did not vary.) Anyway, I'm trying to reload as fast as I can (loading 40's with titegroup so no powder spillage) which is probably 1000-1100 r/hour when all of a sudden, WHAM!. There was a rock stuck in one of the cases. I not only bent the decapping pin, I bent the entire pin assembly.

I called Dillon up and without question, 'We'll send you out another.' I then ordered some other stuff so I could at least pay for the shipping.

What a great company! They have a customer for life. No BS ;):lol:

Edited by al503

• 2 months later...

Another kudo for Dillon service. During my recent move the case feed tube for my 650 managed to become a chew toy for my Airedale puppy. She is not shy at all about sticking her nose into boxes where it does not belong....

When I called Dillon to purchase a new one they sent it out under warranty, even though I tried to pay for it.

Thanks again to Dillon for great products and great service!

Had a set of Dillon's HP-1 electronic earmuffs. One side quit on me. W-A-Y off

of warranty, I think I bought them in 2002. Called Dillon, they said send them in and

we will see if we can repair them. 10 days later I recieved a NEW pair, No Charge.

Gotta love Dillon--they even warranty the stuff that's 2 years off of warranty!

I called Dillon up and without question, 'We'll send you out another.' I then ordered some other stuff so I could at least pay for the shipping.

What a great company! They have a customer for life. No BS ;):lol:

I have the same personal policy, whenever possible (try to buy to pay for shipping). The guy I spoke to this morning was obviously very knowledgeable, very patient, and made no attempt at covering up that maybe a mistake had been made, even by the rep before him I spoke to last week. His attitude was what it should be, "there's a problem? ok, let's fix it."

The last guy sent me half an order of locater pins, and charged me for other bits I probably threw away. Pete walked me through some things and once we had a list, just said, "Ok, it'll be there Wednesday". I had to stop and ask him what I owed. Nothing.

Again, part of this problem is because the machine was put together wrong, but the rest is me not properly unpacking and, throwing some small bits away.

Bravo Dillon.

I think I just talked to Either Dennis or Darrel... ? I called in about getting a couple extra shell plates. I asked if we could get them and he said, "I'll sell you the building if you like.." :D Well, solved that problem of breaking shell plates by picking up a couple of extras.

Nice people :)

Vince

Edited by sargenv

• 1 year later...

[Note: merged thread]

I know that it has been said before but I cant even begin to explain how fantastic those guys are! My powder measure body broke and they are sending me a replacement, no questions asked and I don't even have to send the broken part back to them! Those guys rock, if you are thinking about getting a Dillon don't even hesitate, and make sure you buy it from Brian's store!

Edited by Flexmoney

• 3 years later...

When I stuck a primer in a primer tube, their immediate response was to simply replace it, complete with extra ends and clip. A company that replaces their product when someone else's product or the user's technique is to blame is a company that earns my loyalty.