Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

U M Tactical R.A.G.E 9mm Compensator

That seems to be the general consensus.  Of course, the Wright brothers were told by many people that their plane would never fly.

I have second hand anecdotal information that it works on at least one PCC build.  I am hoping to find someone who has one on their PCC to get their feedback..

3 hours ago, 1911luvr said:
5 hours ago, v1911 said:
I would have to pass on the opportunity to spend $150 for a barrel weight.   PCCs don't produce enough gas to make use of a comp.  

Wanna bet?

http://s230.photobucket.com/user/skidemn/media/Shooting%20videos/1B1482B5-97CB-4EEA-9A54-F5979505BDD4_zpsbuo3wjq1.mp4.html

That video doesn't prove anything.

You could video several different shooters using the same PCC and see several different results.

Can we actually know if adding a comp actually works as advertised because of the science that went into it or because you added a few ounces of weight on the end of a barrel?

Would a Noveske flaming pig have the same results as an actual comp when comparing recoil reduction and dot movement?

Given the amount of trouble the national champion is going through to make a comp with a tube welded to it as light as possible, and that he is capable of .10 splits, I would say that a comp does make a difference. Otherwise he would just use An aluminum sleeved pistol barrel.

Hello: I made some years ago and they really don't have enough gas to make them work properly. There is gas there but it has such low velocity and force it doesn't do much. I have settled on a two port comp that just redirects the gas out the sides to help with timer pickup and the extra weight helps keep the barrel flip down. Buffer setup and load will do more. Thanks, Eric

IMG_0970.JPG

Edited by Aircooled6racer
I think he was showing you that there was enough gas coming out of a pcc.  Could just be the load he is using, but it does look to have enough gas for the comp to work.

Correct. The comp does exactly what it supposed to do in keeping the muzzle down and stopping red dot bounce. There isn't really any recoil in the 9mm AR, just the reciprocating mass of the bolt and buffer that caused the gun to move. As Aircooledracer said, you tune this away with load and buffer adjustments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk