Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mag pouches

B_RAD

Yes, I know there was another thread recently about holsters and mag pouches but I'm starting this because I specifically want to know about mag pouches. 

I read someone say that FNH 45 blade tech mag pouches will work for the Tanfo mags.  I don't like bladetech mag pouches so I don't want to buy those. 

I need to know if anyone knows of another guns magazine that is the the equivalent to the large frame Tanfo mags.  

I want to buy safari land 771 mag pouches for IDPA.  

Don't want to go with any others. 

I like the 771's. (For IDPA)

I didn't see anything for the FNH 45 on the safari land 771 chart. Is there another mag that would be the same dimensions?

Edited by B_RAD

4 minutes ago, ryridesmotox said:

Does safariland have pouches that work with CZ mags? If they do, get those

They do but CZ mags are smaller than Tanfo large frame mags (Stock2/3, Lim Pro) . 

So they won't fit. 

8 minutes ago, homewrecker07 said:

Well, I did buy the blade-tech one and it arrives today. I'll have pictures of how they fit.

Are all the large frame mags the same width? I have a 45 if that makes a difference.

Don't know but I wouldn't think so. 

30 minutes ago, ryridesmotox said:

I tried a stack to blade techs at my local shop.... Ended up with ghosts... I'd have to go back to check which one. But I was pretty sure it was the CZs that fit. Maybe it was something else.

Ghost will fit any double stack mag. 

That spring just compresses as needed. 

Yea... Exactly why I went with them. The only thing It won't work with are single stacks. I have to swap the poly spring or just run different pouches. I don't shoot single stack much so it doesn't matter anyways.

Also, I think it may have been HK USP mag pouches that fit. I can not remember 100% though. That was like a year ago

I just tried my Lim Pro mags in my ghost mag pouches. Feels as good as the 2011s do in there. 

I have 3 just for IDPA and I have 2 others that have the clamp built in for use in other sports. I love them for the feel and price. 

4 hours ago, B_RAD said:

Yes, I know there was another thread recently about holsters and mag pouches but I'm starting this because I specifically want to know about mag pouches. 

I read someone say that FNH 45 blade tech mag pouches will work for the Tanfo mags.  I don't like bladetech mag pouches so I don't want to buy those. 

I need to know if anyone knows of another guns magazine that is the the equivalent to the large frame Tanfo mags.  

I want to buy safari land 771 mag pouches for IDPA.  

Don't want to go with any others. 

I like the 771's. (For IDPA)

I didn't see anything for the FNH 45 on the safari land 771 chart. Is there another mag that would be the same dimensions?

I love the 771's too. The STI pouches work just fine for Tangfo mags. I have the thumb nuts on mine. I turn them in a little, perfect fit. 

I took several ghost pouches, dremeled off the rear rotary attachment and put on the tek-lok clips. Now I've got idpa legal ghost pouches that will also work for uspsa. Yeah they won't rotate now but that's a small price to pay since the majority of the matches in my area are idpa.